Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 vs the Eagles? *BLUES SUPPORTERS ONLY*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would we chase a 32 year old

I thought someone said we were in contact with him about coming.

If we were rebuilding no but the club would believe we're largely in the sweet spot at the moment, so I guess if we get two years out of him and he helps us get a cup it would be nice.

I don't see them as the problem. I see how we use them and deliver the ball as the problem

100% that's the problem.

I think the reason for it could be because of their stature, and there's this implicit notion that they can just kick it to them anyway and they'll make it happen. A lot of the time, they've been able to do that despite the poor delivery and extra attention.

Tbh even if true I can't see anyway we get Petrac so fair pipe dream for mine.

Don't think Harry and Charlie are the problem per se it's up the ground; ie to Lethal's comment everyone just kicks to them and that's on the mids etc.

Charlie can't jump like Kemp anymore, that's why he wrestles a lot and Harry is such a benefit further up the ground, he's a great chop out target has speed and can lay a tackle.

If Voss is as smart as us on here Kemp is your forward line x factor going forward and of course he's not kicking 4 every game but your forward line needs to be dynamic and kick to C or H is just not.

Well if he chooses us... going to be tough for Melbourne to keep a player that doesn't want to be there. Their contracts probably cancel out too. Was really just a thought, I'm in two minds about it to be honest. Obviously Harry is a star, but hard to say no to Petracca...

As for Kemp, does he have the same impact with Harry and Charlie there as well? Hard to say, maybe time will tell if Voss tries it.

Rehydrate it with some Gatorade, let the electrolytes do their thing.
Mike Judge GIF by Idiocracy

100% that's the problem.

I think the reason for it could be because of their stature, and there's this implicit notion that they can just kick it to them anyway and they'll make it happen. A lot of the time, they've been able to do that despite the poor delivery and extra attention.
This is exactly the problem….

Maybe a little more movement at the ball carrier from both Harry & Charlie wouldn’t hurt as well as a few mids with some break away speed to get separation and more time to balance and execute better kicks also wouldn’t hurt.

Does anyone know how to unmicrowave a membership card?

Asking for a friend.... :cool:
Might need to consult an expert.

Off to the Bitchmond board...

Well certainly didn’t expect THAT. Wow

A sensational day at the footy for my dads 70th. I was actually dreading it early in the week. As the week went on, with the injection of youth and having no choice but to try things, become somewhat more interested and hopeful. But never confident.

The roller coaster of supporting Carlton I guess. We all know it.

Cripps was simply unbelievable and I thought Weiters was outstanding. Looking forward to watching the replay and seeing our many other contributors.

When we bring that intensity with strong contest and great pressure, when can play fantastic footy.

Live to fight another day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought someone said we were in contact with him about coming.

If we were rebuilding no but the club would believe we're largely in the sweet spot at the moment, so I guess if we get two years out of him and he helps us get a cup it would be nice.
If they do get him that would be their thinking.

Now I get it about Kemp, he is a forward and that mark he took in the last quarter was huge. Can he stay there really don't want him in the backline anymore.
Agree, prefer Kemp stay in the forward line where he can play his natural attacking style with more freedom. Also he can fly for his marks and not be as concerned if he drops it compared to the backline.

west coast not great but it should still build some confidence and we need some more of that. everyone had a pretty good turn at footying. binns worked into it, durdin blew it away first half.

wouldn't be so quick to blame the coaches for taking so long to play kemp forward. has had to fill in without key defenders, and how much influence would weitering have, given he supposedly preferred him in defence to young.
could have done it mid game through the year or something though. hope any returning talls don't effect gameplan for the worse.
here's hoping durdin spends more time further up the field whenever he's back in the team.

owies crossed 30 goals for the year, good landmark. been some time since we've had 3x 30+ goal kickers in a year, 2011 i think.

Well if he chooses us... going to be tough for Melbourne to keep a player that doesn't want to be there. Their contracts probably cancel out too. Was really just a thought, I'm in two minds about it to be honest. Obviously Harry is a star, but hard to say no to Petracca...

As for Kemp, does he have the same impact with Harry and Charlie there as well? Hard to say, maybe time will tell if Voss tries it.

I would genuinely be surprised if Harry for Petracca had been given any air time inside the club.

Think people are trying to make 2 plus 2 equal 5 off the back of rumours Petracca isn't happy and they both have long contracts in place.

As for Kemp, no idea but it could be worth a try.

It was a good win but they are a genuine bottom side that doesn't have the quality or the leg speed to exploit us.

Every time we select a side that is a little more quicker and mobile we tend to win. We looked good. We looked faster and more mobile.

We should have been playing young players every time we played bottom sides like North and WCE.

Some players have probably found new positions, it's about time. Kemp and Carroll were outstanding in their new roles.

Hewett - Was able to impact heavily against WCE. He was very good, just monstered the opposition quite a bit.

Cripps - Was much the same, monstered them.

Newman - Patrolled half back and racked up possessions at will. What a difference it makes when the opposition midfield are under pressure.

E Hollands - I was really impressed by his two way running. He covered the ground quickly. I thought he was really solid. I couldn't figure his role out, I will need to watch again. Half forward +1 role?

O Hollands - He covered the ground well and made a lot of contests where he impacted pretty well. Really liked his game.

Walsh - He did all he had to. He's been doing the bulk of the chasing and defensive efforts in there. Some are mistaking it for lack of form. I think he's spending more energy chasing opposition and less hunting the footy.

Kennedy - He was really good and gave us plenty as a forward and a mid.

Pittonet - He dominated them. Really really dominated them.

Acres - What role did he play? A little forward and a little back and wing? He was pretty good.

Cowan - He was great. He's a talented player. He's going to be a really good one when he finishes developing.

Binns - Pretty impressive. Took a while to get into it. Fair enough considering he hasn't played with these guys or this level. Got better as the game went on and his game was impressive. Plenty of the footy. used it well. Was still running at the end of the game. No issues with his tackling either.

Young - He was not under much pressure and he played well at full back. I think if we can keep he and Weitering on seperate lines it will work.

Weitering - Played CHB and was really good. Perhaps this is how we move forward? Weitering CHB Young FB?

Lord - He impressed me. He looks like an AFL footballer. His ball use, his aggressive handball, was all great to see. It's probably time to try and push his development at this level.

Durdin - He was outstanding until his shoulder went. It was back to his 2022 form. If we can just get him going he will be a player for us. But two seasons of poor football and injuries have not helped.

Cincotta - Mr reliable. He was great back in defence. Strong, skilled and hard at it.

Carroll - I am super super impressed with his half back game. Gee he was good. His reading of the game, speed and ball use was really exceptional. Not as impressed with his time in the middle or forward. I think he could possible be a bes 22 half back for us.

Kemp - Was impressive at full forward. Tried really hard to bring it to ground. Took some nice marks. To all those who have been asking him to be played forward, this is some great ammo. I'd like to see it with Charlie and Harry Back. His the speed and mobility to be a genuine modern 3rd tall forward.

Owies - He's a little guy who reads the game so well as a tall guy. Played well, presented well, kicked well.

McGovern - Didn't have a lot to do but he was really good with what he did.

Williams - Didn't get it much but what he did was pure class. Ball handling and skills are great up forward for us.

Motlop - He struggled to get into the game. But I thought he tried. I think it will come.

Moir - He came on late. Kicked a freak goal, should have had two. Looked pretty slick, got it a fair bit. Tried to run a few guys down. I am happy with the small sample size I saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Back