Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty sure it was the club pushing him in that direction.
Yep, Matt and his partner are very happy with the Adelaide lifestyle and their preference is to stay but he thinks he still has plenty to offer to an AFL club....think that has become crystal clear the last month or so.

If the Crows aren't putting a fair and reasonable monetary offer and AFL game time forward why would they not want to go. Geelong looks an ideal fit list wise, lifestyle wise and just a short trip up the Midland Highway to their Ballarat families.

Sloane will maybe play 12 more games, and do them off a wing or flank.

Crouch has to be in the midfield and needs minutes and CBAs if he's going to have any impact.
If we're talking impact the only place Sloane is likely to make any sort of decent impact is in the SANFL where the game is played at his pace. We have way better options wing and flank. He's cooked.

I have another one.
An Interesting one that I don’t believe has been mentioned yet nor would have I guessed . Victorian out west

I have another one.
An Interesting one that I don’t believe has been mentioned yet nor would have I guessed . Victorian out west
A Victorian out west coming to Adelaide?

I know Tyler Brockman is leaving Hawthorn to go home most likely vto west coast

Yep, Matt and his partner are very happy with the Adelaide lifestyle and their preference is to stay but he thinks he still has plenty to offer to an AFL club....think that has become crystal clear the last month or so.

If the Crows aren't putting a fair and reasonable monetary offer and AFL game time forward why would they not want to go. Geelong looks an ideal fit list wise, lifestyle wise and just a short trip up the Midland Highway to their Ballarat families.

I think Matt will also be mindful that he is still at risk of falling back in the pecking order

Yes his last month has been good however he was also playing for his AFL football life, and it will only take couple bay games to end up back in the sanfl

I think he might end up at another club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chesser is great mates with Rachele and Soligo and did some pre season with us while WA borders were locked
Sure is moreso Josh and also Holland's of the GCS variety and our own Nick Murray too.

One little problem Campbell is contracted for a further 2 years and after the Weagles have nursed him through his injury issues the past 2 years they aren't going to let him go under his value to them.

With so many veterans retiring this year and over the next 2 years as they look to replenish their list with youth don't think Campbell will be an easy get

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end of year statement suggests we are only interested if it fills a list need

View attachment 1788494
Losely translated:

“We’ve failed to attract any new recruits this year by the looks of things… but, hey presto!, look over there!, focus on the good work of last year and the year before instead!”..

Classic smoke and mirrors!

This lot should be magicians instead..

If there are legs to this rumor and it is Chesser - I know nothing of him, how would he compliment our midfield and what point of differece would he add?
When fit he's an absolute jet, plays taller than his size and a very good user. Highly rated junior sprinter.

If we were to lose McAdam, this is the sort of player I'd want as a replacement then.
He's really not a forward more an outside mid/winger/running back. High character young man another bonus.

If we're talking impact the only place Sloane is likely to make any sort of decent impact is in the SANFL where the game is played at his pace. We have way better options wing and flank. He's cooked.
Yes, Sloane should he playing sanfl & only a few AFL games if we lose a few experienced players as court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back