Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, it shows we are aggressively trying to improve our list. Off the back of bringing in 2 A graders in Dawson and Rankine, we have targeted Redman, Day and now Oliver in the one season.
Do feel that if the Crows werent a side on the rise or pushing for the Top 8- Oliver talks wouldnt be even in discussions. It seems like the perfect combo- 1 more harder midfielder in the midfield to deliver the ball to a power packed forward line.

I did hear at the start of the year that we were chasing a big fish this trade period (board members partner). Hmmm

Id probably say Oliver would be higher than that just purely because he is in the peak of his powers and the Carey trade was more of a 'hope' for something good for a year or two.

Oliver elevates the Crows to premiership chances straight away.

Right now id say its about 50:50 if the Crows make the Finals next year. (without Oliver)

Struggling to think of the biggest interstate based player (not South Australian) to land at the Adelaide Crows Via a Trade.

Would be the biggest get in Adelaide Crows history?

Technically Carey, I guess?
Yeah, an over the hill and off his game Carey.

Not even in the same ballpark as Oliver atm.

Do you think the Dees will want a player in the deal like Rachelle or Soligo. I think they will want a young, top 22 player.

Struggling to think of the biggest interstate based player (not South Australian) to land at the Adelaide Crows Via a Trade.

Would be the biggest get in Adelaide Crows history?
Technically Carey, but Clarry would be the biggest one still in their prime.

I just don’t think GC takes our F1 + out glut of seconds over WB’s 10 + 17 + F1

More likely we look at getting 10 from GC after a Dogs trade, then seeing if we can tempt Melb with 9 + 10 + F1 + McAdam
Gc would prefer all our 20 picks over WB because they would have to onsell pick 10 again. Also we'd be getting Chol and or Burgess too in the pick 4 deal.

The goal at the end is Melbourne to get something good enough to give West coast for pick 1 where by they are basically straight swapping Oliver for Reid

Do you think the Dees will want a player in the deal like Rachelle or Soligo. I think they will want a young, top 22 player.
They’d want a forward I’m guessing (not McAdam) so one of Fog, Thilly or Gollant I guess would be the players I’d think would be asked about/for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don’t think GC takes our F1 + out glut of seconds over WB’s 10 + 17 + F1

More likely we look at getting 10 from GC after a Dogs trade, then seeing if we can tempt Melb with 9 + 10 + F1 + McAdam

Adelaide give future first, 20, 22 and 25 = 2513 points this year.

Bulldogs give future first 10 and 17 = 2420 points this year.

This is assuming Doedee is band 2, the jungle drums are beating there. We beat Bulldog's on points on that proposal, GC still have to prefer our future 1st though.

Regardless of whether it comes off or not, it is pretty clear that you (the AFC) is being very aggressive in terms of what they are looking for (quality) via trading. You certainly can’t say that they are not trying to improve the list. Dawson / Rankine/ attempts on Day/Redman.

A smart person said yesterday that you have an excellent list manager in Reid :p
All of this isn’t something that has just arisen out of the blue.

Good stuff and I’m sure they will keep pursuing other leads should this not work out!

Gollant is who you give them with mcAdam and all the picks they want, as we're about to get Welsh next year as a FS

Sholl also an option too .... they never take Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back