Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAdam and 2 first rounders? Yeah I don’t know, but he is the midfielder we’ve been missing. What about a Berry? Just thinking out loud

Is Clarry the midfielder we're missing?

In short - yes. The fact we brought Matt Crouch back from the dead shows how much we lack quality inside midfielders and Oliver is one of the absolute best.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

Its a big risk but if you can turn Oliver at 26 and $1M a year into Harley Reid you'd be getting in a potentially better player whilst still being able to challenge at the top. The Dee's went well enough without Oliver with wins over Blues, Pies, Saints, Us and the Tigers, if he were to leave its not all doom and gloom.
Imho

High draft picks are always overrated...ie imho... everyone is overrating Reid. 3 first rounders is crazy talk. If you pick correctly... 3 great calls on draft night could build a Dynasty

Hmm... I remember him playing for sa state of origin?
Rule used to be where you spent your u17 year. Then it changed to majority of time between 12 and 17.

Hmm... I remember him playing for sa state of origin?
Blight played for Vic, so did Stynes. Rules changed every year to suit the Vic's. He's from Wagga Wagga, played for the allies. Has ties to SA as he played some footy (jr) for North Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleary with a little more to it

Screen shot edited in
View attachment 1822102

We should have Burgess,.Nicks & Dawson on the 1st plane to Melbourne to woo him. Tex too to let him know we have a forward line he can kick the ball too.

Pull out all stops even if the Dees prefer to keep him.

This is an Adelaide board tradition of getting excited over a big fish that never I repeat never gets reeled in
Not true!!

Once it got reeled in 12 months late, and cost twice as much as expected, and then only had one good year left in it...

Today has been so much fun, I'm 95% certain tomorrow normal service will resume and either a massive scandal will break for us, or Oliver won't be traded by Melbourne.
Look it was fun while it lasted, for 24 hours we have Oliver and Dawson in our midfield.

Nothing against you guys but this is like watching a car crash in real time.
We don’t ever have anything like this happen to us. That is, us even mentioned in a thought of a trade for a player of Oliver’s talent.

We usually just pick up the Sam
Gibson and Chris Burgess’s of the AFL world and think that was nice.

Last edited:
We should have Burgess,.Nicks & Dawson on the 1st plane to Melbourne to woo him. Tex too to let him know we have a forward line he can kick the ball too.

Pull out all stops even if the Dees prefer to keep him.
Correct.

Even if we fail, it opens the idea to other elite midfielders that Adelaide can be a destination for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back