Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know, I'd still give it a push to see if we could also get Melbourne's F3 for our F4 as part of it..not moving the needle much, but a bit of a points sweetener

I think it's all set in stone, but I had a similar thought of Syd and Melb F2 for McAdam and our F3. Same same but different really.

But F2 by itself is fine enough.

How is this trolling?

Shane played 12 SANFL games and 37 AFL games over the last three seasons. So about 25% of the time in the SANFL, which is fringe player status. In 2023 alone it was 5 SANFL and 7 AFL games.

Players that aren't consistently first choice don't get a ton of value on the trade table
Has also polled top 10 in the B&F only last year and is usually in the SANFL when coming back from suspension or injury. His conditioning is the issue, otherwise he wouldn’t have so many soft tissue injuries and play at all in the SANFL. I am confident you understand that.

Has also polled top 10 in the B&F only last year and is usually in the SANFL when coming back from suspension or injury. His conditioning is the issue, otherwise he wouldn’t have so many soft tissue injuries and play at all in the SANFL. I am confident you understand that.

He must be pretty unlucky to be one of the only best 22 players we make come back from injury or suspension through the SANFL

I personally rate him as a best 22 player and think his value is higher than what we will get. But not consistently playing a player hurts their trade value.

He must be pretty unlucky to be one of the only best 22 players we make come back from injury or suspension through the SANFL

I personally rate him as a best 22 player and think his value is higher than what we will get. But not consistently playing a player hurts their trade value.
Prone to soft tissue injuries ---> makes sense to play a reserves game or 2 after a soft tissue injury.

And yet you still can't see why an F2 was accepted

Always knew McAdam was gone.

F2 is barely acceptable, if at all IMO.

Such a good player we need now, instead of waiting for a F2 player or whatever player it helps bring in, to develop into a player anywhere near as good as McAdam.

Our finals/premiership window is far closer than what I see as the general perception on this board and McAdam will be a huge loss when it comes to the pointy end. Such a talent. I'm sure he could get his body right to be on the field come finals time.

I'm allowed to be shitty with this.

Originally I had McAdam trade value at 33-35 but not all drafts are same

Anywhere near 30 in next years draft is something I’d have been happy to accept

Gives us options in next years draft which is strong for SA and mids

I’d also hope we can trade into next years draft a bit more in next couple of months

So we get higher up the draft and port get ruined in the process...

View attachment 1833043
the-office-win-win.gif

I think I'd try and trade Pick 14 with Freo for Collingwoods future first.

Then trade Geelong 10 + 20 for 8 and Geelongs future second rounder.

Death ride Collingwood, Geelong and Melbourne next year (who I think all drop down the ladder) and trade to get above the Welsh pick.

Pick 8

Round 1

Crows
Collingwood (from Freo)

Round 2
Crows
Geelong
Melbourne (McAdam)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I'd try and trade Pick 14 with Freo for Collingwoods future first.

Then trade Geelong 10 + 20 for 8 and Geelongs future second rounder.

Death ride Collingwood, Geelong and Melbourne next year (who I think all drop down the ladder) and trade to get above the Welsh pick.

Pick 8

Round 1

Crows
Collingwood (from Freo)

Round 2
Crows
Geelong
Melbourne (McAdam)
Its gone to Fremantle already as part of the Shultz trade

Its gone to Fremantle already as part of the Shultz trade
That's why I said I'd trade our pick 14 for Collingwoods future first with Freo.

They have 3 future firsts and no decent picks this year with a T20 stocked with WA kids. I reckon they'd have to be interested.

I don’t remember Jon Ralph even knowing who McAdam was before this off season, but now we are quoting his stats from 7 games, in a much higher scoring team where he got the 3rd or 4th best defender? I think he’s a good pickup for them, but he’s also getting a better defender at Melbourne

If we were so adamant about wanting a player I assumed we'd do a three way deal and involve another club.

You can't really say we've improved the list. A bit disappointed, the back the boys in stuff gets a bit old after awhile perhaps we were just so spoilt the last two off seasons

That's why I said I'd trade our pick 14 for Collingwoods future first with Freo.
Freo are stockpiling for McDonald next year.

I'd assume we might (pending where we finish of course) get involved with them next season with the couple of firsts they have to get some points, and them potentially a higher first rounder.

Lots of water to go under that bridge currently but yeah Freo aren't trading any future asset they have just yet.

Gollant seems like the likely replacement in the role, I assume we have him contracted beyond next year

Gollant is contracted next year, however, nope. We have never seen Gollant as a replacement for McAdam. Gollant has only been used as a KPF replacement and his hopes lie in us thinking TT is a ruck and is ready to go for that switch this year. Otherwise he'll rot in the SANFL bar a major injury to one of Tex, Fog or TT.

What we'll likely do is go back to the lineup we had in the middle of 2023 by adding another winger - ideally a healthy Jones, but Cook or a monster preseason from one of Nankervis or Dowling would be in contention if Jones is out injured. Unless we have a draft pick boom, in which case a 6th forward slot is likely an easy spot to slip them in (or they too will end up on the wing).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back