Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a more mobile x factor type player. Cook is the obvious one if he wants it enough. If I was him, I would be looking at this preseason with eyes wide open thinking that spot is mine and training the house down accordingly. Hit next season in the best condition of his lifeand attack the game with confidence.
Yep… cook should be an in..

And I’d use 20 on Moir..

Bit of risk.. but massive reward if it pays off.

Murphy needs to be given nothing but SANFL next year if we are serious about finals..

You conveniently overlooked injury & suspension .....he was always picked when FIT and available ....that is, FIT to a level Burgess was happy with, not McAdam's perspective

So he's the only unfit best 22 player on our list?

Saying he played all those SANFL games because of injury is bullshit revisionism. It absolutely is not true.

He was dropped twice in 2021 and played 5 SANFL games as a result. Then in 2022 he missed round 1 due to a short term injury, was fit by round 2 but didn't play until round 5. Played two SANFL games from R1 of the SANFL season. In 2023 he was suspended then effectively dropped to the SANFL, got injured and was forced to play 4 SANFL games before returning to the AFL side.

You don't drop first choice players after suspensions or make them play a month of SANFL returning from injury. He hasn't looked unfit in either the AFL or SANFL whenever I've watched him and I certainly haven't read complaints about his in-game fitness much on here.

The coaches simply did not believe he was consistently good enough to be a best 22 player. He was on the fringes of the side which is why he was dropped multiple times and given longer stints in the SANFL after injuries

And I’d use 20 on Moir..

Murphy needs to be given nothing but SANFL next year if we are serious about finals..
If we are taking 3 picks to the draft, then yep, I'd be happy to risk 20 on Moir and hope in a full time pro environment he can get AFL ready as his x factor is very high

So he's the only unfit best 22 player on our list?

Saying he played all those SANFL games because of injury is bullshit revisionism. It absolutely is not true.

He was dropped twice in 2021 and played 5 SANFL games as a result. Then in 2022 he missed round 1 due to a short term injury, was fit by round 2 but didn't play until round 5. Played two SANFL games from R1 of the SANFL season. In 2023 he was suspended then effectively dropped to the SANFL, got injured and was forced to play 4 SANFL games before returning to the AFL side.

You don't drop first choice players after suspensions or make them play a month of SANFL returning from injury. He hasn't looked unfit in either the AFL or SANFL whenever I've watched him and I certainly haven't read complaints about his in-game fitness much on here.

The coaches simply did not believe he was consistently good enough to be a best 22 player. He was on the fringes of the side which is why he was dropped multiple times and given longer stints in the SANFL after injuries
Fitness isn’t just down to how you look. Of course he looked fine physically, but it’s not a coincidence he always had repeated soft tissue problems. It’s been an issue since day dot and his professionalism is why it took until his mid 20s to get drafted.

The club were very patient with him and played him in the AFL when properly match fit, but it just didn’t happen often enough and he continually ignored programs from Burgess and his team.

And I’d use 20 on Moir..

Not a fan of taking Moir myself, think he’s more Cam Taheny than McAdam

Think we’re better off using our picks on mids/wings/rucks/other forwards

If we are taking 3 picks to the draft, then yep, I'd be happy to risk 20 on Moir and hope in a full time pro environment he can get AFL ready as his x factor is very high
I can see the press release now 'we rated him in the top 10 of the draft and are stoked to have him at the club'

I can see the press release now 'we rated him in the top 10 of the draft and are stoked to have him at the club'
But he will be another 1st round pick if we use 20 on him

In fact, If we use all 3 picks as they fall on draft night, how many 1st round picked players would we have on our list - just curious only as not all 1st round picks are equal as we well know

Fitness isn’t just down to how you look. Of course he looked fine physically, but it’s not a coincidence he always had repeated soft tissue problems. It’s been an issue since day dot and his professionalism is why it took until his mid 20s to get drafted.

The club were very patient with him and played him in the AFL when properly match fit, but it just didn’t happen often enough and he continually ignored programs from Burgess and his team.

Across the last four years he's had three soft tissue injuries as far as I can tell. An adductor at the start of 2022, hamstring at the end of 2022, and the quad issue in 2023. Nothing in 2021 or 2020.

Also missed in 2022 with an ankle injury and in 2023 with a cheekbone injury.

That isn't really the rap sheet of someone I'd say has questionable professionalism or is all that injury prone. He's more injury prone than (say) Reilly O'Brien but he's only really had one major soft tissue injury in that time.

"Repeated soft tissue problems" I just don't think is true. In fact I don't even think he's had a repeat of the same soft tissue injury in the last four years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Across the last four years he's had three soft tissue injuries as far as I can tell. An adductor at the start of 2022, hamstring at the end of 2022, and the quad issue in 2023. Nothing in 2021 or 2020.

That isn't really the rap sheet of someone I'd say has questionable professionalism or is all that injury prone. He's more injury prone than (say) Reilly O'Brien but he's only really had one major soft tissue injury in that time.
Maybe people just get that impression because he looks like he's been shot after every contest he enters??

Maybe people just get that impression because he looks like he's been shot after every contest he enters??

He does have that vibe to him yes. Him spending a bit of time in the SANFL might also make people think he's been out injured for longer than he really has

And not match fit and spending time back in Hall's Creek during that sojourn...
Come on...

If an AFL player cannot maintain match fitness on a 3 week break, there's a problem.

I think we all agree Shane's best is great, but facts don't lie. He wasn't a consistent player on our list.

You don't drop first choice players after suspensions or make them play a month of SANFL returning from injury. He hasn't looked unfit in either the AFL or SANFL whenever I've watched him.

That's your take ....however clearly there were things happening behind the scenes between Burgess & McAdam

So player attitude has to be taken into account at the selection table :
1. Suspended R2 ....brought straight back in R3 !
2. Gets injured R3 ...misses 6 games
3. 4 games back in the SANFL after injury
4. R13 - SANFL Bye, Crows unchanged after big win
5. R14 - Crows Bye

1697509120144.png

This, along with the fact McAdam played the last 6 games, as we strived to make the Finals .....dismisses all your points around not being best 22

It was clearly a fitness / attitude issue .....confirmed by McAdam's own comments & request for a trade .....not by any actions / beliefs of the selection committee

"Repeated soft tissue problems" I just don't think is true. In fact I don't even think he's had a repeat of the same soft tissue injury in the last four years
I love how you only go back to 2020. Anyway, my source is someone who actually works in the fitness and conditioning department at the club. McAdam has always had an issue with the professionalism required to be a consistent best 22 player and it’s why instead of potentially being a guy that on talent could have played 200 games and drafted a lot earlier in age than he was, will instead unlikely play 100.

The club has put a lot of resources into trying to improve what he does off field, but it just hasn’t worked out in the end, no hard feelings and we have enough forward line depth to cover him now.

Putting this post here again:
Mismanagement? McAdam has always had major issues with professionalism off the field. He’s not just unlucky with the amount of soft tissue injuries he picks up.

Just before the 2019 season, the club couldn’t find McAdam, this is why he was suddenly listed as ‘managed’ on the injury list. When I mean couldn’t find him, he just stopped coming to the club all of a sudden and no one could get hold of him for a few days (nothing suspicious, I believe he may have just gone home). He then ended up pinging a calf in a SANFL trial against Port a couple of weeks later (surprise surprise due to poor conditioning).

What I find interesting with this injury list (see below) which was updated today is that they have Shane McAdam listed as managed but add a time frame to it, namely one week.

Luke Brown Ankle 8 weeks

Ben Davis Managed 1 week

Bryce Gibbs Shoulder Available

Hugh Greenwood Abdominal Test

Elliott Himmelberg Foot 2 weeks

Riley Knight Foot Test

David Mackay AC joint Test

Shane McAdam Managed 1 week

Andrew McPherson Groin TBC

Daniel Talia Knee Available

Updated: Wednesday, March 6

Injury list: Every club's medical room ahead of JLT2

I love how you only go back to 2020. Anyway, my source is someone who actually works in the fitness and conditioning department at the club. McAdam has always had an issue with the professionalism required to be a consistent best 22 player and it’s why instead of potentially being a guy that on talent could have played 200 games and drafted a lot earlier in age than he was, will instead unlikely play 100.

The club has put a lot of resources into trying to improve what he does off field, but it just hasn’t worked out in the end, no hard feelings and we have enough forward line depth to cover him now.
Thankyou👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back