Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams have woken up to Allir's one wood now, put time into him and he's far less effective.
Yeah but what Ratugolea and BZT do is take the no 1 and no2 2 key forwards which structurally allows Alir to do his thing as an interceptor. Whilst Ratugolea and BZT are limited players, they hold more value in how they fit in structurally and they are both upgrades on Jonas (retired now), Clurey and McKenzie.

Where port will come a cropper is against sides with more than 2 mobile key forwards where Alir has to play on a big guy..like a Tex

Yeah but what Ratugolea and BZT do is take the no 1 and no2 2 key forwards which structurally allows Alir to do his thing as an interceptor. Whilst Ratugolea and BZT are limited players, they hold more value in how they fit in structurally and they are both upgrades on Jonas (retired now), Clurey and McKenzie.

Where port will come a cropper is against sides with more than 2 mobile key forwards where Alir has to play on a big guy..like a Tex

Aliir, Ratugolea and BZT are all third tall defenders

Melbourne going to seriously regret not trading Petty this year - stupidity.

Not sure about that - they're in the window and need a key forward. And insurance if a key back goes down.

We're willing to pay him $800k to $1m yet they are probably paying a fraction of that for the next 2 years.

So we didn't make finals this year, and we're about to come out of another trade period with an even weaker list?

Righto.

Also, drafting in more Berry/Schoenberg types with picks in the 20's is a waste of time. Either trade up or trade out (into next year). Can always trade back in for whatever guy we rated as a top ten pick who is still there at pick 45.

Scholl going somewhere for F1 that we didn't know about? Berg for GWS F1?
I Hope Please GIF
Bit of a freudian slip as to some trades yet to happen or he's just confusing which year he's in?

He's an upgrade on both of them easily
I'll happily die on this hill I'd take Murph over Ginny.

Personally would prefer neither but if I had to pick one it would be Murph.

I'd hazard a guess that if Fly had a choice between the two at Collingwood it would be Murph too. At least he brings something defensively which is what we need when we have Rankine and Rachelle to be the X factor smalls.

So we didn't make finals this year, and we're about to come out of another trade period with an even weaker list?

Righto.

Also, drafting in more Berry/Schoenberg types with picks in the 20's is a waste of time. Either trade up or trade out (into next year). Can always trade back in for whatever guy we rated as a top ten pick who is still there at pick 45.
Not sure about the weaker list. Younger players we already have will be better next year. Lost some depth maybe.

Agree with the second point completely

Not sure about the weaker list. Younger players we already have will be better next year. Lost some depth maybe.

Agree with the second point completely
Tex, Smith, Sloane and Laird are not going to improve though. There's likely to be some regression amongst this ageing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex, Smith, Sloane and Laird are not going to improve though. There's likely to be some regression amongst this ageing group.
Which is why we are going to draft 3 first round talents.
Not sure anyone has improved their list this year. Port and Essendon are bringing in 4 players each, but….yuck.

Nah it’s because port haven’t got key defenders and he’s had to be the main shut down guy

If they can get others to do they alir can go back to being an elite interceptor
Yeah I’m still of the opinion interceptors can work as CHB’s, as long as they have a quality tall shutdown FB next to them

Not sure Ratugolea is the quality they need, but it’s better than what they had previously

It would be a negligible upgrade if any at all. Certainly not major.

Doesn't have speed to burn, was lacking defensively most of the year which is why he couldn't get in the side and then somewhat lucked out with some injuries in the late part of the year to regain his position.
Good finisher, but the lack of foot speed and defensive nous is considered a big negative.

Collingwood has traded for small forwards last year and this year. What does that tell you?

Righto.

Agree Re those tactics

Move up and if not then strengthen next year where there is depth of quality mids and SA kids

Agree Re those tactics

Move up and if not then strengthen next year where there is depth of quality mids and SA kids
If list spots are tight and we can't trade up, i hope we can have a deal in play with a side to trade pick 20 for either a f1 or maybe a lower 2nd and an f2..so we have a bundle of picks to try and move up the order with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back