Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him and Borlase I think are on the international rookie contract things the AFL have. Unless theyve been upgraded.
Keane was never international (for us). We signed him in the supplementary player period.

Imho, Ollie Lord is being massively overrated based on his 4 goal haul in the Blowout Final.

He has kicked 7 goals in 8 SANFL games this year.

He has been stitched up by our “powerful” SANFL key defenders in the 4 SANFL games he has played against us in the last two year. He does take the occasional nice mark but often shanks his shots on goal.

Surely Lachie Gollant is worth a top ten pick if we were to trade him 😄.

He has had 3 years in the system and played his first few games this year. He is in the second half of his project player status. Port probably dont expect him to hit his straps until 2026. They are trapped however. They need a replacement for Dixon. Georgiadis and Marshall are no certainties of being able to lead the forward line long term. If they trade him now, they have no back ups for key forward position coming through. But they risk losing lord down the track.

The rumour about Haynes and pick 7 lines up with what I’ve been told could be happening with Petty negotiations atm. Regardless of what Melbourne are saying publicly, there is talk they’re asking for pick 9 and McAdam for Petty, but we don’t want to give up anything higher than pick 14.

I guess if we want Petty that much, we may end up including pick 9 in the deal only if we can get pick 7 from GWS. Leaves us with basically the same draft hand as now, but also have Petty and Haynes.

The rumour about Haynes and pick 7 lines up with what I’ve been told could be happening with Petty negotiations atm. Regardless of what Melbourne are saying publicly, there is talk they’re asking for pick 9 and McAdam for Petty, but we don’t want to give up anything higher than pick 14.

I guess if we want Petty that much, we may end up including pick 9 in the deal only if we can get pick 7 from GWS. Leaves us with basically the same draft hand as now, but also have Petty and Haynes.
Don't we have pick 10

Imho, Ollie Lord is being massively overrated based on his 4 goal haul in the Blowout Final.

He has been stitched up by our “powerful” SANFL key defenders in the 4 SANFL games he has played against us in the last two year. He does take the occasional nice mark but often shanks his shots on goal.

His grandfather is a Brownlow medalist and premiership player at Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keane was never international (for us). We signed him in the supplementary player period.

Well it says he is still rookied though.

Anyways my point is, we can't go into the draft with less draft picks. As much as we want to go up in the draft or trade out two firsts for Petty etc we can't. I think the deal with Gold Coast signalled that we are no longer in talks with Petty. Three first round picks is a great get and there will be plenty of gems available to our last pick.

And as I said, Welsh next year means our future picks are off the table.

always liked nick haynes. tough bugger, can never have enough of them.

How the heck can we front load Petty's contract if we are also taking the Haynes salary dump?

If true, that's a heck of a lot of cap space!

Yep. Lord is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back