Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From vossy’s presser:

“Voss expects the 29-year-old to be available for the game against the side Docherty spent the first two seasons of his AFL career, after being selected at pick No.12 in the 2011 draft.

"It doesn't surprise me with him. I spoke to him at half-time and I said, 'What have you got?' He said: 'I'll give you everything I have got'," Voss said.”.

That’s spine tingling.

Something special is happening, right now, in this moment.

Docherty.

Cancer. Twice.

Torn ACL. Twice.

Dislocated shoulder.

The guy doesn't know how to give up.

What a champion.
I mean add chasing Langdon around. Add can’t train at the moment due to calf problems.

He had NO RIGHT pushing hard to the wing. No ****ing right.

He had no right marking that ball. No right taking a bounce!!!!!

Composing. Didn’t blaze to goal line. Set it up.

Absolutely no right. Just ridiculous.

All timer right there. All timer.

This is so epic!!!
I thought our injuries before the game, meant we would get run over in the last Qtr.
I actually think we are great chance against the Lions.
Melbourne was the highest physical hurdle
We need some run at the Gabba but yep we are a big chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dwaybe played for the cats but came from Port (I think before they were in the comp).

I've always felt that he hated us, smarmy enough to try and cover it.
Absolute garbage. The more I listen to him and see footage like that, the more respect I have for the bloke. The generosity to pass the last minute of the call to GW, his calmness, his thumbs up at the end to his fellow caller. I have zero idea where this stuff about Russell comes from. Zero.

Tell me if this is weird.

At 3 quarter time a bird s*** on my pants my daughter who was with me said it is a sign of good luck.Ok let’s hope it comes true.We we’re in section M18.

My other mates daughter who were in section M27 had the same thing happen!

Now surely that’s no just coincidence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bring it on, Bluebaggers!
We’ll be ready and waiting for you.
Love,
The Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is what's known as getting waaaaay ahead of yourself.

Tell me if this is weird.

At 3 quarter time a bird s*** on my pants my daughter who was with me said it is a sign of good luck.Ok let’s hope it comes true.We we’re in section M18.

My other mates daughter who were in section M27 had the same thing happen!

Now surely that’s no just coincidence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Same bird.

I know it's an existential question with no answer but;

Does it feel like we are getting some sort of payback for the horror of last year? Those last two games last year were unbearably heartbreaking.

But it feels a bit like that as a playing group and a supporter group we kind of said "well do your worst, we can take it and we'll come back from it.".

And is there a possibility that the final scene is some ridiculous steal against the pies to complete the circle?
I wonder about it too. I went to the Collingwood board after Round 23 last year, read through their autopsy/review thread (the content of which is pretty easy to imagine), and added my congratulations, wished them luck for the finals. No excuses, because the better team wins over 120 minutes.

Obviously not many of them paid much attention, but some commiserated (opposition posters tend to be taken at face value over there - a bit more so than here, I'd say). Yes, I said, it's disappointing, but these things are sent to try us... all of us. Really, it's about how you respond. (It might have been a bit hollow and trite at the time, but what else did we have?)

But this. Right here. THIS is responding. 4-0-1 over the last 6 weeks, with a percentage below 100? We have been clutch, in a range of venues, situations, and with different prizes, we have gotten it done.

I have pondered the bigger picture. If we do get there in 14 days against Collingwood, will it finally be their turn, after 113 years? Or will the weight of their own expectations crush them yet again? But having looked inside myself, I have realised that I can take it. But last night is testimony to the fact that footy transcends tribalism. Of course we're happy we won. But last night was a tremendous event for anyone who loves footy (even some Melbourne people).

On the Collingwood board, I have read personal accounts of people who attended the 1970, 1979 and 1981 Grand Finals, listening to our "dirge" of a song as they left the venue... those were hard yards, tough times, you wouldn't be human if you couldn't put yourself in their shoes. Maybe they have earned a Grand Final victory over us, as much as we have earned the right to turn the tables on them for last year. Either way - either way - bring it on.

Good morning baggers.

Yes, last night was real.

One of the best shots you’ll ever see to remember it by.

4bd3981303a4ec2caf90226f35cc85c9.jpg

That’s got to win an award. Great shot.

It’s the first time I’ve been to the footy with my wife since the 99 prelim. She is my lucky rabbits foot.
She’s committed to going to every game with me from now on.

Yep, my wife has long considered me “insane” when it comes to the Blues.

Now, she proudly confesses to being worse !! 🤣🤣💪

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Back