List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Does not make a great deal of sense to me unless we are very very invested in Ried.
Don’t mean to come across as too hastily, but why doesn’t it make sense?
I’m just trying to gauge, if JHF for example was in the draft this year. Would teams make a trade like that to get him? I’d think so

I wouldn't be surprised if we get access to Sanders, but will not be pre-listed, therefore have to match a bid. Which would mean we would need to move on Ports pick. Using it to upgrade to Reid could be one option.
You can’t match bids inside 40 (except for gc)

I expect sanders to be prelisted and a first round pp

I feel like its looping back towards what I said like 2 months ago, which is that the AFL will give WC a PP through us.

They give us pick 11 as a PP but with the condition that we're trading it to WC with 2 and 17 for pick 1.

Then we prelist Sanders.

AFL - "we totally didn't give WC a priority pick 😉"

They get their 3 WA boys.

I feel like its looping back towards what I said like 2 months ago, which is that the AFL will give WC a PP through us.

They give us pick 11 as a PP but with the condition that we're trading it to WC with 2 and 17 for pick 1.

Then we prelist Sanders.

This makes sense, this is how the afl works

Don’t mean to come across as too hastily, but why doesn’t it make sense?
I’m just trying to gauge, if JHF for example was in the draft this year. Would teams make a trade like that to get him? I’d think so
I see what you are saying but the article says we are heavily into Curtin as well. So if that is the case why dont we just pick Curtin and keep Ports pick unless like i said we are very invested in Ried.

Sander, Reid, Wizard, that’s massive if we can pull it off. Nervous about KPD though - I’m sure there is a plan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Impressive but that won't leave us many picks to get the mature fringe players that have been discussed...can only see one of the three personally

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who will we have to give Reid at end of 2024 in return for picks 2 and 3 of ‘25 draft 🙄
This is it, for North supporters. Deep down we all feel apprehensive about picking up
HR as we know the media will start the “will he sign on” talk by May. Collingwood, Geelong will be in his ear and we have all been burnt by the JHF situation and don’t want to relive it again.

Firm NO. We are in this mess due to the lack of quality players aged 24 and above….. TT and McKay both leaving would set the list back years. TT is contracted him, keep him for 12 months and build an environment and program that makes him want to commit long term.

Replacing them with 18 year old unproven talent is not the answer. Have seen what happens when play kids without any experience around them…. Doesn’t end well most of the time.

If we are happy to just develop players and then trade them when come into prime we will never improve.
Pick 5 could also get us a top line player out of another club.

Last edited:
Then no need to give up Ports pick.

Makes no sense to me also.

Assuming strongly that WCE see Curtin as an elite homegrown talent that they can't pass up on and Reid as a flight risk, then surely we just hold our nerve if we're keen on Reid.

If WCE threaten to deal the highest rated player in Reid off to another Club then good luck to them.

We have the next live pick and possibly the following one too.

They then run the real risk of losing both if they get too cute.

They're just trying to leverage something extra with pick 1 on the way through. Can't knock them for that. If they want Curtin, then force them to use pick one on him.

I have empathy for every single player at our club who gets delisted.

But. He is getting paid handsomely to play football. Its literally his job.

And what about about his teammates fighting to make the finals in the vfl ? Screw them ? Their feelings and and effort this weekend don't mean anything ?

The guy has a history of mental health issues which has previously forced him to take time out of the game. If he’s just learned that his career is over he may well be simply unable to get up. He deserves the befit of the doubt rather than the assumption he is “sooking it up”.

I don't think that its as black and white as WC wanting Curtin and not wanting Reid.

If we try to force them to pick Curtin at pick 1 then they'll probably just take Reid.

Likewise, we might have Curtin as our pick 3 but would prefer Reid.

If giving pick 17 (which will actually be like pick 23) allows us to get our top player instead of our third ranked player then why not?

Then we prelist Sanders.

So we give up picks 2, 11 and 17 to move up one spot? I’d want to blow something up if we did that. Giving up Ports pick to move up 1 spot seems a bit excessive to me! 😬

So we give up picks 2, 11 and 17 to move up one spot? I’d want to blow something up if we did that. Giving up Ports pick to move up 1 spot seems a bit excessive to me! 😬
We'd be giving up 2 and 17. We only get given 11 because we promise to trade it to WC.

I'm not saying this will happen, its more of a comment on how the AFL would do something like this is a dodgy way to help WC.

Suspect it's more likely they allow us to match a bid inside 40 than giving him to us outright

The optics of this would work for the AFL if we're getting start of first round compo for McKay.

Walk away with Pick 1 (traded for with west coast) and Pick 3 (compo) and Sanders, and then use any other picks to trade for senior players plus points. The only issue in this scenario is that we won't be able to get any late first round/early second kpd talent, unless we use a future pick to trade back into the draft after the Sanders bid.

GC don't need high end picks, they just need points to match bids on their three academy players.

One would argue:

Walters - pick 2-6 (2,517 - 1,751)
Rogers - pick 14ish (1,161)
Read - pick 16ish (1,067)

Total points required range: 4,745 - 3,979

We can trade picks 17, 40, 51, 57, 74 (1,895 points) to GC for pick 5 in exchange (1,878).

GC total points position will be 4,349

Assists both clubs when you look at it. (Unsure if there is a maximum amount of picks you can hold it the draft).

We can arguably then have picks 2, 3 (McKay), 5 and a possible first round priority (Plus Sanders, fingers crossed).

This would be an ideal situation & provide us with a free hit at Watson. NM simply can't pick a 170cm player so high in the draft at our current development stage with the needs of KPF's & KPD's. Different story if you're Melbourne as an example.

Larkey has had 63 shots at goal this season compared to Curnows 101 (Before last nights game). If Larkey had the supply of Curnow, he would be leading the goal kicking by close to +10 goals based on displayed accuracy.
He simply needs help & as much as I love Chom, he just doesn't get on the park.

I don't think that its as black and white as WC wanting Curtin and not wanting Reid.

If we try to force them to pick Curtin at pick 1 then they'll probably just take Reid.

Likewise, we might have Curtin as our pick 3 but would prefer Reid.

If giving pick 17 (which will actually be like pick 23) allows us to get our top player instead of our third ranked player then why not?
Correct if we are that keen on read then we will have to part with pick 2 and something else Comes down to how much we want Ried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back