Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
D. Moore + 1st round pick for the No. 1 pick in this draft to get H. Reid.
I can't see us saying no to that.
It Begins Season 12 GIF by The Simpsons

Hope we go hard at Gresham and Josh treacy as that key forward option. He Has put in a massive pre season at freo and if he isn't give game time he will be happy to explore his options end of year.

If Chad can stay healthy and show some of his preseason form consistently, I reckon we will be looking to offload him for an early second.

He’s massive for our culture though in the indigenous space, so it’d be a big loss on and off field

DeKoning wouldn’t come cheap in a trade and doesn’t really play much as forward, does he?
I’d just stick with developing Ramma.

Was drafted as a ruck / forward but has McKay and Curnow ahead of him.

We’ve got interest in Georgiades which is interesting, as a potential pairing with Lewis.

I love this but will cost an absolute bomb.

DeKoning wouldn’t come cheap in a trade and doesn’t really play much as forward, does he?
I’d just stick with developing Ramma.

We’ve got interest in Georgiades which is interesting, as a potential pairing with Lewis.
I like Georgiades as a player. Can remember him taking some good contested marks.

Is he more of a KPF or 3rd Tall ala Gunston/Greene?

If he is more of a third tall I'd be happy to stick with Greene and invest in another need.

Will it though? Currently most Port fans question if he’s in their Round 1 side.

Comparatively, it depends on how much we think Scrimshaw would be worth in a trade, since he's a highly rated player who we believe may not be selected in our round 1 side either.

He's a more valuable and talented version of Oli Henry so you'd expect a trade to involve more than what Collingwood for in exchange for him IMO.

They obvious can't see talent. Barring injury, he's ready to explode this year (no pun intended)
Georgiades would be the perfect 2nd KPF to Mitch Lewis. Bust packs, trusts his judgement to win the ball but he struggled a bit when Dixon was out and had to take the best defender which this allowed Marshall to get onto a good run of goals and the media to fawn over him (Marshall). Marshall is a beautiful kick but more in the lead up Gunston style although not the same player at all, just very different to Georgiades who would compliment Mitch to a tee.
Don't see him leaving unless for a Perth team though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of salary dumps, I’d imagine Carlton would be desperate to get Zac Williams salary of their books. Would we take their first pick, likely pick 10 and Williams for a late pick? I’d say yes which means they probably say no, but could be a good move.

Thinking of salary dumps, I’d imagine Carlton would be desperate to get Zac Williams salary of their books. Would we take their first pick, likely pick 10 and Williams for a late pick? I’d say yes which means they probably say no, but could be a good move.
Williams has done a knee and an Achilles hasn’t he?
And he’s on huge money

No way would I go near that

I'll probably get shot down but I hope we are in Ben McKay's ear as a FA. A pairing with Blanck could set us up defensively for years.

If Williams came with a first round pick then I'd be all for it.

But who are they at risk of losing due to cap pressure? They have everyone locked away (I think?).

I don't think they would be making such a deal though.

If Williams came with a first round pick then I'd be all for it.

But who are they at risk of losing due to cap pressure? They have everyone locked away (I think?).

I don't think they would be making such a deal though.
Feels like no other club is ever going to do that sort of deal again. Gold Coast really shouldn't have had to do it either.

Ben McKay is a tall KPD. Not sure I’d describe him as anything else.

Ben McKay is a tall KPD. Not sure I’d describe him as anything else.
Elite at having below-average stats though:shrug:

I think KermitJagger is pretty handy with stats relating to win % in 1-on-1's attended & meaningful stuff like that. Even goals-conceded-per-game would be handy to know.

Otherwise, I agree... seems tall...

Elite at having below-average stats though:shrug:

I think KermitJagger is pretty handy with stats relating to win % in 1-on-1's attended & meaningful stuff like that. Even goals-conceded-per-game would be handy to know.

Otherwise, I agree... seems tall...

He plays in the worst team in the league though and is under the pump every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back