Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon they'll be a few big suprises with trades this year .
Quite a few clubs are being very aggressive , a few are shopping players/salary dumps .

Wouldnt be ruling too much out at this stage . Its a tight comp and most clubs think they can get up the ladder quickly with a decent move or two .

We will be getting the academy guys regardless so they shouldn’t come into any equation, basically the offer you are putting forward is pick 1 for King and Pick 4?

I think we could do something with pick 4 and extras directly with the Eagles and come out better off with King still in our pocket.

Not trying to piss anyone off here just trying to give a Suns perspective. Happy to bail if I’m intruding
Just out of curiosity taking King out of the equation, what do you expect to get for pick 4?

Just out of curiosity taking King out of the equation, what do you expect to get for pick 4?
It’s a great question, we will likely trade it out to the highest bidder. We have enough points for all our academy players as we have stockpiled them knowing they were going to be elite (if you include pick 4) so if we traded it we would have to get some point back into this year or alternatively trade future 2nd and 3rd round picks. I am hoping we trade it for an A grader wanting to come an play under Dimma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If and it’s a big IF Ben want to leave it’s news to the Suns as he has bought a house, his girlfriend lives up here with him and he has said many times he is happy at the Suns. Of course things change so I can’t pretend to know his mind.

As you have stated we would want pick 1 to ensure no bid on Walter and the only way of getting pick 4 with King as you have suggested would be to give us next years first as well and I’m not sure that would be enough as we would want some points in this draft if we gave up pick 4 to ensure we still had points for all our academy boys and there is no guarantee that you wouldn’t climb the ladder with King marking darts from Day

Interesting scenario
I know it's a little bit left of centre, but how do you think GC would value a player like CJ?

Could there be a deal along the lines of

Hawthorn give: Cj, F1, SALARY DUMP, r2, F2 (agreeing to not bid on Tew), r1 GWS
GCS give: King, Pick 4, SALARY DUMPED PLAYER/nothing, r4 (bid on Tew)

I'm not saying Hawks would consider moving on Cj, but I'm interested in how Hawks can keep their top pick and bolster their picks AND King

Presuming there is any truth to King wanting to come to Hawthorn…

Would rather it be dealt with next year when he is OOC and use pick 3 this year on adding another high end talent via the draft.

Stronger position for negotiating, more talent onto the list and almost certainly a lower cost in the trade.

Feels a bit premature to be spending multiple firsts on a single player with where our list is at. Ideally I think we should be targeting free agents and the draft to keep growing/maximizing the talent on the list.

Presuming there is any truth to King wanting to come to Hawthorn…

Would rather it be dealt with next year when he is OOC and use pick 3 this year on adding another high end talent via the draft.

Stronger position for negotiating, more talent onto the list and almost certainly a lower cost in the trade.

Feels a bit premature to be spending multiple firsts on a single player with where our list is at. Ideally I think we should be targeting free agents and the draft to keep growing/maximizing the talent on the list.
I think if he’s genuinely keen, we’d be silly to wait if a trade could be done while staying inside the top 6-7 picks this year. A lot can change in 12 months, with Hardwick taking over etc. Examples of players changing their mind too if a trade doesn’t happen when they want it (Daniher, Dunkley)

All that said, I doubt it happens and expect we will debate all of these star players and salary dumps for another 3 months only to finish up with Gresham

I know it's a little bit left of centre, but how do you think GC would value a player like CJ?

Could there be a deal along the lines of

Hawthorn give: Cj, F1, SALARY DUMP, r2, F2 (agreeing to not bid on Tew), r1 GWS
GCS give: King, Pick 4, SALARY DUMPED PLAYER/nothing, r4 (bid on Tew)

I'm not saying Hawks would consider moving on Cj, but I'm interested in how Hawks can keep their top pick and bolster their picks AND King
We have done all our salary dumping as painful as it was so I can’t see that working. We are finally in a strong position and with an excess elite pick so it’s going to be an interesting trade period

EDIT: this gives some indication of how we are placed for those that have access

Last edited:
I think if he’s genuinely keen, we’d be silly to wait if a trade could be done while staying inside the top 6-7 picks this year. A lot can change in 12 months, with Hardwick taking over etc. Examples of players changing their mind too if a trade doesn’t happen when they want it (Daniher, Dunkley)

All that said, I doubt it happens and expect we will debate all of these star players and salary dumps for another 3 months only to finish up with Gresham

Yeah if we could keep a pick in the top 6/7 and get King you almost have to do it if he’s committed, I just don’t see how that eventuates with King already contracted for next year and GC not needing any high end picks this year. (actually they are looking to get out of the top end of the draft).

I presume no one here is wanting to put one of our young players on the table as part of the trade, which GC would surely start with in any negotiations.

GC should demand a massive price for King this year if he wants out, he’s contracted for next year and still won’t be a free agent when he’s OOC. As you say a lot can change in 12 months, they are in the drivers seat and don’t really have to do anything, they should back themselves in to convince him to commit over the next 12 months, or demand an exorbitant price in any trade this year. Just IMO.

What are our options though ? There isn't a key forward like him in this draft and next year is stacked with mids . I like Riccardi but he isn't of kings quality.

The draft didn’t hurt Roughy and Buddy.

Buddy kicked 21 then 31 in his first 2 seasons.

And Roughy kicked 40 in his 3rd year.

The same total Lewis has kicked the last 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back