Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The compo should be scrapped all together imo. No other professional sports league in the world has it.

NM should either match the bid if they want to keep him that badly or agree to a trade prior to FA. Compo for losing a free agent is pure amateur nonsense

I agree with your point, but the NFL does have compensatory picks

We have Ramsden also and Jeka can play at both ends.

Casboult will likely retire at seasons end and I imagine Chol will look around if King stays.

I remember you made reference some time back the physiology of the King twins in relation to their running style and the potential for injury.

Given all the scuttlebutt about us being interested in Ben, I'd be keen if you could enlighten us all on the subject. In your opinion, what would the club need to do to address the issues so as to minimise any potential related injuries if he were to come across?
Nothing from me. Just thank Ahhhhhh!!

Flanders is a bit awkward for mine given the likely cost (a second at minimum). He's a pure inside ball winner with suspect skills and an OK ability to rest forward.

Our current midfield core is Worpel, Nash, Newcombe, Day. All four of those work together well with different strengths/weaknesses and significant growth to come. I don't see Flanders as an upgrade on any of them.

Ward & CMac have better positional flexibility and much better skills. Maginness is a beast pure tagger. That's already 7 midfield rotations that are ahead of him.

He'd be significantly ahead of the next tier (Mackenzie, Stephens, Long, Hustwaite) but is that what we really need? I'm more than comfortable with that group of depth midfielders. Mackenzie in particular provides elite kicking to set himself apart.

The compo should be scrapped all together imo. No other professional sports league in the world has it.

NM should either match the bid if they want to keep him that badly or agree to a trade prior to FA. Compo for losing a free agent is pure amateur nonsense
The AFL will never let control go, they want to be able to manipulate the draft to suit themselves. Internally inside the house they joke how AFL stands for “ totally dodgy dicks.“

Flanders is a bit awkward for mine given the likely cost (a second at minimum). He's a pure inside ball winner with suspect skills and an OK ability to rest forward.

Our current midfield core is Worpel, Nash, Newcombe, Day. All four of those work together well with different strengths/weaknesses and significant growth to come. I don't see Flanders as an upgrade on any of them.

Ward & CMac have better positional flexibility and much better skills. Maginness is a beast pure tagger. That's already 7 midfield rotations that are ahead of him.

He'd be significantly ahead of the next tier (Mackenzie, Stephens, Long, Hustwaite) but is that what we really need? I'm more than comfortable with that group of depth midfielders. Mackenzie in particular provides elite kicking to set himself apart.
Agree with all bar the MacKenzie bit. He'll be a beast soon enough

And we got pick 19 for Buddy. :cry:
I go back to Lake getting weeks for a love tap in the 2013 GF on Walters that was soft as butter. We just always copped it. I was never sure whether it was due to us being content with winning or not or we had our resources on annual leave at the time. I suspect it was the latter. Ablett 2 x first rounders and Motlop and first rounder...any sane club takes the AFL to court over this shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I go back to Lake getting weeks for a love tap in the 2013 GF on Walters that was soft as butter. We just always copped it. I was never sure whether it was due to us being content with winning or not or we had our resources on annual leave at the time. I suspect it was the latter. Ablett 2 x first rounders and Motlop and first rounder...any sane club takes the AFL to court over this s**t.
😂😂 Lake absolutely deserved weeks for that

Liam moves a bit like peak Bradley Hill. Can't say I've seen much of him as I don't watch Freo play but that answer with just two weeks to go didn't sound convincing.

Liam moves a bit like peak Bradley Hill. Can't say I've seen much of him as I don't watch Freo play but that answer with just two weeks to go didn't sound convincing.

Hill is a good kick.

Liam isn't. Very floaty and tries to bite off more than he can chew.

Has actually started to simplify his kicks now and it's paying dividends but a Hill he will never be.

Absolutely gone.

Wouldn’t mind a straight swap for Brocky, but feel we might need to add in the steak knives
Steak knives is in reverse.

Don't get sucked into his draft pick. That was Silvagni trying to be cute and making a bid and Freo biting. Was a likely mid-20's pick.

On performance Brocky has shown far far more, Henry has shown only over last 1-2 months. No idea of his consistency or drive.

On the Henry post on Draft board, I proposed

Brocky for Henry + 52+ F4

We should be able to then swap either our F4 or Freo F4 for Suns late picks for McCabe points.

Bummer is we will have to delist a bunch and re-list.

This may have been posted already, but how's this for a hypothetical on Ben McKay.

Essendon offer him 600 x 4.
The AFL decrees band 3 compo.
North match the offer then ask for a first round pick.
There is no way in the world Dodoro is giving up a first rounder. He will offer an F3 for McKay plus an F4.
North then ask McKay to stay but he has realized by then they do not want him. He says no.
Long story short...McKay ends up is the PSD.
West Coast say no, North know he does not what to go back there... and he falls to pick 3.

This may have been posted already, but how's this for a hypothetical on Ben McKay.

Essendon offer him 600 x 4.
The AFL decrees band 3 compo.
North match the offer then ask for a first round pick.
There is no way in the world Dodoro is giving up a first rounder. He will offer an F3 for McKay plus an F4.
North then ask McKay to stay but he has realized by then they do not want him. He says no.
Long story short...McKay ends up is the PSD.
West Coast say no, North know he does not what to go back there... and he falls to pick 3.
Just on this offer match business. When an offer is matched, are clubs not allowed to increase their offer and see if that gets matched. Maybe allow clubs to make 2 re-offers if matched, else trade or PSD.

PS : AFL Compo afaik is informed only after offer is not matched. So roos will have to use backchannel ways to find probable compo or guess it

The Ben King to Hawks rumour is gaining legs.
It would be for pick 3 plus something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back