Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t Duursma a wing? Wouldn’t get a game with Morrison on list (if you believe some on here) and Amon just brought across.

Bergman more interesting type but likely cost too much (was rumours clubs sniffing around last year).

Re Gresham feels like we’re developing a lot of those mid/hff types and not really a need.

Expect Himmelberg would want to go to a contender if he left. Richmond and Cats would go hard with reiwolt and Hawkins nearing the end. Not convinced he’s that good.

Our trade currency is likely to be pretty limited. After using our first and picks for McCabe not likely anything left + no obvious guys to trade out.

Isn’t Duursma a wing? Wouldn’t get a game with Morrison on list (if you believe some on here) and Amon just brought across.

Bergman more interesting type but likely cost too much (was rumours clubs sniffing around last year).

Re Gresham feels like we’re developing a lot of those mid/hff types and not really a need.

Expect Himmelberg would want to go to a contender if he left. Richmond and Cats would go hard with reiwolt and Hawkins nearing the end. Not convinced he’s that good.

Our trade currency is likely to be pretty limited. After using our first and picks for McCabe not likely anything left + no obvious guys to trade out.
Duursma is versatile, he can play multiple roles and competition for spots is always good. Bergman is another we've had interest in but doesn't have the runs on the board that Duursma does. Smart player acquisitions like Duursma for second round picks have a much higher chance of success than the corresponding pick in the draft.

Gresham is definitely a need, the more players you can get on your list that can play through the midfield, forward and both kick and assist goals the better you're going to be. In 2013 - 2015 we had a bunch of guys who could play that role and kick 20 - 30 goals and now we have hardly any. No one would look at our stocks in that area and say we have enough. He's also a good age for us given that we really do need some more experience on our list.

On Himmelberg there's a decent likelihood he'll end up at the Cats with Cameron, I still think we should be going for him because of how difficult it is to get effective talls. You've seen how hard it is for talls to mesh with each other whenever we try to play Kosi and Lewis together, having a guy available as a Free Agent who can fit in around anyone is worth plenty. His season in 2019, 38 goals and 27 goal assists - he was one of the best goal assist and score involvement players in the league. Just what we need.

Luckily 3/4 of the names I listed were Free Agents, so I'm not really sure about your bit on trade currency.

Really? Tom Mitchell was apparently barely worth a 2nd.

Most on here say Harry Morrison isn’t worth a 2nd, yet he actually plays regular AFL footy, unlike Duursma who was dropped 3 times in 2022.

Yet somehow Duursma who has played as much SANFL as AFL footy the past 2 years is worth our 2nd Rd pick?
We have the Bulldogs' second rounder so it'll probably be 30ish pushed out to mid 30s. I reckon Duursma has a better chance of succeeding than that pick would.

Really? Tom Mitchell was apparently barely worth a 2nd.

Most on here say Harry Morrison isn’t worth a 2nd, yet he actually plays regular AFL footy, unlike Duursma who was dropped 3 times in 2022.

Yet somehow Duursma who has played as much SANFL as AFL footy the past 2 years is worth our 2nd Rd pick?
We have the Bulldogs' second rounder so it'll probably be 30ish pushed out to mid 30s. I reckon Duursma has a better chance of succeeding than that pick would.
What he said:pointup:

Give a man an inch….
here we go batman GIF

Duursma is versatile, he can play multiple roles and competition for spots is always good. Bergman is another we've had interest in but doesn't have the runs on the board that Duursma does. Smart player acquisitions like Duursma for second round picks have a much higher chance of success than the corresponding pick in the draft.

Gresham is definitely a need, the more players you can get on your list that can play through the midfield, forward and both kick and assist goals the better you're going to be. In 2013 - 2015 we had a bunch of guys who could play that role and kick 20 - 30 goals and now we have hardly any. No one would look at our stocks in that area and say we have enough. He's also a good age for us given that we really do need some more experience on our list.

On Himmelberg there's a decent likelihood he'll end up at the Cats with Cameron, I still think we should be going for him because of how difficult it is to get effective talls. You've seen how hard it is for talls to mesh with each other whenever we try to play Kosi and Lewis together, having a guy available as a Free Agent who can fit in around anyone is worth plenty. His season in 2019, 38 goals and 27 goal assists - he was one of the best goal assist and score involvement players in the league. Just what we need.

Luckily 3/4 of the names I listed were Free Agents, so I'm not really sure about your bit on trade currency.
Bout time we spent the Buddy money!

But seriously, If we could grab those 2 free agents (Gresham & Himmelberg) it would be massive for the rebuild.

4 way fanciful trade will think about 2 extra legs in coming days
Hawks get Riley Thilthorpe, Eagles r2 and suns r1/r3
Eagles get DGB and Brockman
Crows get eagles r1 pick
Suns get eagles r2, hawks r2 tied to dogs and hawks f1 / suns f1 swap

We get 2 round 1 single digit picks plus thilthorpe plus McCabe lose players we can cover and rise in 2024 to offset some of pick swap with suns.
Confused Thinking GIF by Derek Tee

I can't remember which final in particular it was at the Adelaide Oval but he was an absolute monster, hard as nails. Would love him at the Hawks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken gets the sack for one to many coke zeros and we plunder ports list leading to another flag, feels like deja vu haha
Get the feeling that if we truly want to get something out of Port we'd be hoping Ken sticks around for longer.

We clearly need a KF and Josh Treacy has talent and is competing with quite a few others for Freo. I hope we are monitoring

Didn't he only play 5 games last year, even with Tabener consistently injured?

Freo is amongst the last clubs in the league I'd be looking for a key forward
When you search the leagues teams best 27 from the afl article outside the kpf stars there seem very few opportunities. When I saw thilthorpe as an emergency that’s what prompted my whacky 4 way - if he is in and out maybe he’s gettable. Key targets for me are the suns first pick and another free agent (although slim pickings it seems this year). 2024 has Ben king and Logan McDonald OOC for trade and nick larkey and Todd Marshall as restricted free agents so maybe we will focus there.

We clearly need a KF and Josh Treacy has talent and is competing with quite a few others for Freo. I hope we are monitoring
I heard from two Freo connected people today how much Treacy is rated. I'd want to keep an eye on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back