Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d think looking at our list at least one elite tall (but likely more) is on the wish list. Maybe that’s McCabe as f/s or maybe our first pick (but may be hard to turn down an elite mid).

But if Kosi and Jeka don’t progress and Lewis remains injury prone we need more than hoping ramsden makes it.

You wouldn’t have thought we’re yet in a list position to go all in on an expensive trade like TDK (if he even wanted to play for us) - but club is impatient (as we saw from weddle trade).
huh? Impatient?. We were trying to get into the first round at around Melbourne's pick

We gave up a lot for pick 18 - a late first rounder. That's the deal on paper.

But if Weddle turns into the player the club thinks he might then it will have been worth it. I think MM and his team have drafted well recently.
We gave up a lot for Weddle not pick 18. So I'm less inclined to look at it as though we need another first rounder but more that we see a player available and are willing to do a deal to get them.

We gave up a lot for Weddle not pick 18. So I'm less inclined to look at it as though we need another first rounder but more that we see a player available and are willing to do a deal to get them.

Yeah I agree with that, hence my second sentence there. The club rated him around 10 to 12 from my understanding and I'm all for the club making bold moves to acquire players Mitchell and MM rates.

Seriously? We got a host of comments telling us Mitchell and O'Meara aren't worth anything, followed by a host of comments unhappy with what we got.

Who said they aren't worth anything? I remember people being upset about the returns, but don't remember those same posters also saying they aren't worth anything prior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said they aren't worth anything? I remember people being upset about the returns, but don't remember those same posters also saying they aren't worth anything prior.
It's just a joke mate, no one cares if it was the same poster or not, but those comments were made.

I agree with the theme of posts here and have always said our selecting of players has been well above average (especially given the picks the team were given under clarkos reign). They must be loving this era with high end possibilities, given their track record lets give them more. We cannot continue to rely on picking the eyes out of the draft and if the first round is as good as is mooted then let’s get more involved. I agree with Sam I think we have the young core of a great future and we don’t need significant turnover anymore so let’s go for less picks higher up. I think we will finish low this year but bounce in 2024 so happy to look at moving future picks for an extra top end talent.

Absolutely. Those 5 could all be top shelf. We have plenty of promising midfield depth too, the midfield is set for a generation

We need big guys and while there are some quality options at this years draft, we could really do with players who have at least a couple of years in the system. Ready to go.

That might take some risky trading

Still think we don’t have enough midfielders look at the strong teams they have midfielders playing in different positions that can play pure midfield.

Still think we don’t have enough midfielders look at the strong teams they have midfielders playing in different positions that can play pure midfield.
In 2 - 3 years that will be completely different.

Our midfield is very young.

Most of our experience is down back + Breust & Wingard.

Be patient

The strongest midfield units seem to comprise of five gun midfielders that take the majority of the CBA's.

Carlton's main rotation:
Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Kennedy, Cerra

Brisbane's main rotation:
Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, Berry, Bailey

Richmond's main rotation:
Prestia, Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Cotchin

Bulldogs' main rotation:
The Bont, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar

Collingwood's main rotation:
Crisp, Mitchell, JDG, Adams, Pendles

If we can develop Newcombe, Ward, Mackenzie, MacDonald and Day into our primary midfield unit then we will be in good stead.

I think that's one of the areas that we have plenty of potential options in. We've got Worpel, Finn and Moore that can also run through there.

TDK is going to set any club back that's willing to give up plenty of trade capital and salary.

Hope that's not us.

I actually even heard a Blues fan laugh at suggestions he's better than Kurt Tippet. Tippet was a bust for Swans, but he showed so much more at the Crows than TDK has so far.

I'm still not sold on this unicorn fascination. Only a very few are worth it. Jackson was one. But really, an average ruck and below average (current) forward isn't really that exciting. Especially when you factor in the cost given other clubs reported interest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back