Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I see us being into McKay is so we can drive the price up and then pull the rug out from under them and cancel the offer.

Can someone give me the likelihood of us getting the GWS pick for a salary dump odds? Think all our efforts need to be going into this.

I don't we should be giving up next years first for the Suns first pick. Still a young list and inconsistent. Don't think we will make finals next year even though we are having a decent run home.

I'd be really happy with Watson, another first rd pick, McCabe and try and find another hidden gun.
Its well in play but has a fair way to go .

Put it this way , no one could say we havent been really proactive .

I’m having another go at a hypothetical
Brockman and Dogs 2nd rounder to Eagles
Pick 19 to Hawks
Pick 3 and pick 19 to Roos
Pick 2 to Hawks on traded to GC with future 1st
Pick 5 and and B King to Hawks
Ew, no thanks.

I think Riccardi will cost too much now we don’t have much draft capital and to be honest, if Kozi continues his form and Ramsden develops into the 2nd/3rd forward and relief ruck, then I think we need to pursue other areas. Breust in a year Chad and Brockman likely dons we need mid to small forwards and several.

Trade 1 salary dump
Haynes and tigers r1 for cap space and f3
To GWS
Trade 2 enable suns first
Tigers r1 to Dees for their r1 and Freo r2
Trade 3 get suns first
Dogs r2, freo r2 and hawks f2 to suns for suns r1 and crows r3

As things stand
2023: Haynes, 3, 4, 15, 45, 51
2024: f1, f4

Feels too ambitious but not that far off happy to take suggestions to refine?
Edit:
Forgot about brockman the pick we get likely 34/38 could either go to dees or suns to balance out those trades. Or if we don’t need to then

Trade 4
Lohmann to hawks for pick we get for brockman

Pick 19 to Hawks
Don't mind it. Adding King + pick 5 and McCabe would be a nice trade/draft period. Shane Watson probably wouldn't be there at 5.

Pick 19 to Hawks
Eagles can get Brockman via the PSD so we have zero leverage there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Ahhhhhh has his way I should not make any contribution. So best I shut up.
I, like many fellow Hawk fans on here I'm sure, look forward to and respect your contributions. Keep posting
whatever insights you have about potential recruits. Things do indeed change, but I for one really appreciate your
news.

One of them kicked 6 today. Which was the final margin. But yeah. They are rubbish
Problem is even when they have a big game with 6 goals they also end up with only 8 disposals total.

Don’t get me wrong they are talented but really need to get involved a lot more to influence games.

I think the big problem if we get McKay is we end up way too top heavy and will struggle when the balls on the ground in our defence or coming in quickly.

We have a lot of defenders that look great when the balls coming in high and slow. And McKay will add to that but not help us where we struggle which is when the ball is hitting the deck or the opposition mids get on top.

I think the big problem if we get McKay is we end up way too top heavy and will struggle when the balls on the ground in our defence or coming in quickly.

We have a lot of defenders that look great when the balls coming in high and slow. And McKay will add to that but not help us where we struggle which is when the ball is hitting the deck or the opposition mids get on top.
Really? I think the high long ball is one of our weakenesses. Naughton, Jamarra and lobbe looked dangerous with nearly all the highballs, with naughton taking some cracking grabs. We’ve been torn apart by a few key forwards over the years who can take big contested grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back