Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope you’re all well, it’s been a while.

Have a little bit of news to share.

We’re trying to get Liam Ryan in a deal for Brockman. We may need to sweeten it up a little - was told we could help financially, is it possible to pay some of Brockmans new contract with WC?

Brockman wants to go home understandably, Liam Ryan loves Sam Mitchell. Makes sense.

This will excite us all, we are chasing a real top liner, an A grader which I’ve been told we are confident of getting done. I was not told who it is, can only assume it’s a Ben King type. A bit of noise around here already about BK, could it be someone else?

We have a stack to spend, more than any other club plus the cap is increasing. We’re in a great position overall.

That’s all I have for now, will update you all over the coming weeks as more news comes to hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Got a good feeling about this

To the Gold Coast dipshits sneaking around in this thread then going back and making fun of posters thoughts on your own board in defence of how s**t your club is

Your club is an embarrassment and a detriment to the AFL
I reckon we want other boards itk's coming in to chat in our hypotheticals as long as they aren't rude.
Not their fault they took the info back to their board and then their posters took offense to our hypotheticals loaded out way!

To the Gold Coast dipshits sneaking around in this thread then going back and making fun of posters thoughts on your own board in defence of how s**t your club is

I think they are getting a bit nervous that we are possibly about to snag their key forward. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it is all said and done after the trade and draft periods, I reckon we would of kept pick 3, got another 1st rounder in through a salary dump, matched a McCabe bid and MAYBE added a Gresham or a Ryan to the list.
The big plays for a King or a Naughton or a Smith will come next year.
We have to stick to the Plan. That is what I am hearing. Let’s get past 2023 first and then 2024 can play out. That is of course, unless we could get either player “cheap”. That I sincerely doubt.

They're all fake accounts anyway. The gold coast doesn't have any supporters. You go to matches at metricon, and everyone you talk to in a gold coast jumper in the crowd is a supporter of some other club, but go to games because they live there.

We have to stick to the Plan. That is what I am hearing. Let’s get past 2023 first and then 2024 can play out. That is of course, unless we could get either player “cheap”. That I sincerely doubt.
Yes. I also think there are diamonds in the rough still on our list to give an opportunity to next year, by end 2024 there will be a much clearer picture of who we have and what we need. plus another 24-5 plus games, slotted in a final or two, we get into the current list. Then boom add a FA or two and 2025 it’s silverware!

When it is all said and done after the trade and draft periods, I reckon we would of kept pick 3, got another 1st rounder in through a salary dump, matched a McCabe bid and MAYBE added a Gresham or a Ryan to the list.
The big plays for a King or a Naughton or a Smith will come next year.
I think this will be what will happen :thumbsu:

Yep. We can’t give up pick 3 or two first rounders for an A grader this year. Contracted A graders would only be released by their club for pick 3 and our 2024 first rounder

Yep. We can’t give up pick 3 or two first rounders for an A grader this year. Contracted A graders would only be released by their club for pick 3 and our 2024 first rounder

Any reason it has to be pick 3?

We could trade down and generate more picks. Giants have 6 and 9 and don’t value picks as much as other clubs, if they are keen on a salary dump work something out with them.

6 for the salary dump, 3 and f3 for 9 and f1.

4 firsts to play with then, including two next year which interests the suns.

The feedback is this draft, clubs will generate approx 50 new draftees.

If that is the case, assuming West Coast put #1 pick on the table and get the return they expect, would WCE pick 19 for Brockman make sense? Even Freo pick 21?

They're all fake accounts anyway. The gold coast doesn't have any supporters. You go to matches at metricon, and everyone you talk to in a gold coast jumper in the crowd is a supporter of some other club, but go to games because they live there.

That’s true of the Gold Coast in general. From South of Helensvale it starts to get pretty fake. When you head West towards the mountains, that’s where the real beauty of the Gold Coast is. The supporters themselves are mainly more Mexicans than true supporters.

The feedback is this draft, clubs will generate approx 50 new draftees.

If that is the case, assuming West Coast put #1 pick on the table and get the return they expect, would WCE pick 19 for Brockman make sense? Even Freo pick 21?
Not likely, they have such a lack of young talent they will want to hit the top 25 as many times as they can this year. Even if they decided they didn’t want to use it they can probably just trade it for a future pick or something.

Unless we are sending back something with Brockman we wouldn’t be getting 19 or 21

Not likely, they have such a lack of young talent they will want to hit the top 25 as many times as they can this year. Even if they decided they didn’t want to use it they can probably just trade it for a future pick or something.

Unless we are sending back something with Brockman we wouldn’t be getting 19 or 21
West Coast will get 2-3 picks inside top 25 if they trade Pick 1.

What they also need are ready made players, and Brockman is a walk up starter. If he plays 15 games, you have 20 goals.

Hawks offer Brockman + current Pick 30 (Western Bulldogs 2nd round) + f3
West Coast Pick 19, 34 & 37

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back