Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree it’s unlikely, however, it’s been made pretty clear that Reeves is the number one ruck, and there is a lot of love from inside the club towards Ramsden and what he can be in 2024 and beyond.
With Tucker also developing we’re in a decent spot for rucks again, so although it would still seem quite unlikely, perhaps if a club like Sydney comes to us with a really good pick if we pay most of his contract, we might release him.

I wouldn’t think he’s on the Untouchables list.
No. If they want him they give us a good pick and pay the contract themselves. Sick of doing favours for other clubs.

I would agree it’s unlikely, however, it’s been made pretty clear that Reeves is the number one ruck, and there is a lot of love from inside the club towards Ramsden and what he can be in 2024 and beyond.
With Tucker also developing we’re in a decent spot for rucks again, so although it would still seem quite unlikely, perhaps if a club like Sydney comes to us with a really good pick if we pay most of his contract, we might release him.

I wouldn’t think he’s on the Untouchables list.

I agree he is not untouchable.

I hope Meek stays beyond next year but my understanding is he is only contracted to the end 2024. I’m happy to keep him as a backup to Reeves, but I doubt Meek would be happy playing more games at Box Hill.

Tucker…
Not sure if Hawks decide to hold onto him. Is he showing promise?

No. If they want him they give us a good pick and pay the contract themselves. Sick of doing favours for other clubs.
You aren't doing favours for other clubs, you are doing it for yourself to get better compensation.

If we aren’t close to our cap floor it’s a favour for us too.

I hope Meek stays beyond next year but my understanding is he is only contracted to the end 2024. I’m happy to keep him as a backup to Reeves, but I doubt Meek would be happy playing more games at Box Hill.

Tucker…
Tucker has so far shown nothing. Can't win a tap or a possession at VFL level. However, he has only just turned 19 so this is not relevant to whether he stays on the list. Ruckmen who show anything before the age of 23 are the exception not the rule. But he should not be considered a backup ruck option at senior level.

Those willing to trade Koschitzke for a pick in the 40s should think again. Meek isn't a forward and the two rucks strategy does more harm than good. Ryan can't even ruck at VFL level. Ramsden is developing but his ruckwork has progressed from non-existent to poor. Koschitzke possesses many weaknesses but unless Lewis starts rucking - and he shouldn't - we can't afford to lose Koschitzke unless we bring in a ready made replacement.

Big slider this year but I wouldn't mind us having a good look at Moir. Would need to be done using a live pick swap of later picks after the McCabe bid.

Slid for a reason which is because of his lackadaisical efforts. He wasn't talked up as a top 5 talent last year for no reason, he still has the talent and high-end traits. The good news is that you don't lose talent but you can coach to encourage drive and heart.

With the state of our forward line I feel it would be remiss to not look at a player like that. Could be anything, could also be incredibly frustrating.
I was on the Moir train at the start of the year as he plays at my SANFL club. The Bays have a strong League side but I've been disappointed he hasn't really threatened to crack the team with the talent he has. When on he is way too good for U/18s/reserves here, but we just don't see it. I'd be surprised if he goes first round at all. Unless someone is hiding him of course...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d only trade Meek if it’s overs

We’d have to pick up another ruck in the ruck-merry-go round so it hardly seems worthwhile for us

Is there a chance they go to a straight interchange of 5 players? If so, he’d be playing most weeks
Want him to stay but if he gets a good offer elsewhere, we can demand a second round pick at a minimum

Meek needs to stay. Ramsden is not ready to ruck.
Agreed. I think we should only be entertaining a first round pick or a good player of need for Meek.

We'd only be a LTI to Reeves away from being in ruck turmoil again. It would really impact the midfield dominance we've built this year, and it derails the season/development of the players who'd have to fill-in.

Tucker…
Meek played 16 AFL games this year. He played 15 in five years at Freo. He would not be unhappy with that. We only have two AFL ready ready ruckman on our list. It would be idiotic to trade him.

Meek played 16 AFL games this year. He played 15 in five years at Freo. He would not be unhappy with that. We only have two AFL ready ready ruckman on our list. It would be idiotic to trade him.
Only if Reeves falls over in 2024.

If he locks in to the number 1 spot as expected and Ramma comes into play the second fiddle/forward role, we’ll be kicking ourselves for not getting something for Meek 12 months earlier.

Only if Reeves falls over in 2024.

If he locks in to the number 1 spot as expected and Ramma comes into play the second fiddle/forward role, we’ll be kicking ourselves for not getting something for Meek 12 months earlier.
Then trade him next year. We will get the same then.

We don’t have a lot of obviously tradable guys and FAs is tough. Moving on guys like Meek or Scrim if there’s good offers are the sort of moves we will need to consider. Both are not clear best 18 in 2024 and/or arguably replaceable with what we have coming through. Obviously could lead us to be a bit short of depth with injuries but not really an issue with us still in development mode in 2024.

Want him to stay but if he gets a good offer elsewhere, we can demand a second round pick at a minimum
I'd be wanting a Pick Slide into an F1. Meek + 29 into an F1 better than 15 etc.

Gaining a 2nd (esp. 2023) isn't worth the risk we carry, IMO. Having Reeves go down without a big body to cover could really hurt our development & momentum, far more than a 2nd Rounder would help it.

Would 2 + 14-16 or wherever PA finish be enough for 1 or would it need to be 2 + 3 with something coming back?

1. NM - Reid
2. WCE - Curtin
3. GCS - Walter
4. NM - McKercher
5. HAW - Duursma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back