Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that just poor list management by us? It was obvious he was never staying in Melbourne when he was contracted last year. Writing was on the wall. Understand it was an injury interrupted year which wouldve affected his value, but we should've traded for him then whilst we still had some sort of leverage.
Just bad luck that the team targeting him finished last.

Situation Re Pick 1. Who is more desperate?

West Coast - Would love Reid but there's always a flight risk with him. However, they have a good option in Curtin who is a local boy and will probably reach Reid level output by the end of his career. West Coasts only dilemma is how to squeeze the maximum value out of Pick 1 and still select Curtin.

North - Would love Reid but don't have pick 1. They cannot bluff and select Curtin because Curtin is a flight risk himself. North don't have the luxury to make statement selections when they are begging the AFL for assistance. It is in Norths best interest to work out a deal with WCE to get pick 1.
If WC are smart they trade pick 1 to Norf for pick 2 and their F1 which means they will get pick 2 this year and pick 1 next year

I did hear that the Lions have moved on from Chol. Not a requirement at all for them.
The Lions being floated as a suitor would surely just be Chol's last attempt at staying in QLD where his family is situated. We really need to snag one salary dump for a top 10 pick this trade period to speed up our rebuild and I don't really care which of the below were to happen.

*Hawks receive pick 26 from Richmond in a trade for Koschitzke + pick 49

Deal 1
Hawks get: Haynes + pick 6
GWS get: pick 30 + pick 26*

Deal 2
Hawks get: Chol + pick 4
Suns get: F1, pick 30 + pick 26*

Ideally deal 2 would be perfect for us as it would allow us to plug in Chol up forward and then take back to back picks to the draft. Trading the Suns pick 26 (729pts) + pick 30 (629pts) would give them an extra 1358pts for their academy bids and a likely top 10 pick in 2024. I'm not up to date with how many points they'll need but surely that would close to getting it done for them.

We might need to go into deficit to land McCabe but if it means we were able to score deal 2 then so be it.

Why isn’t yesterdays grand final and even the preliminary final showing us we don’t need talls we need quality? Pies Mihocek (47) Johnson and mcstay 21 and 20, lions Daniher 61 and hipwood 41, gws relying on hogan (49) and riccardi 35 (Greene the standout with 60 and carlton curnow (81) and then bit players like McKay (29) and de koning (9). We have Lewis we have ramsden coming and to me DGB shows signs we need small to medium forwards in my book - speedy elusive and applying good pressure.
n = 1 is not a trend.

Of the four teams in the preliminary finals, only one team lacked a genuine quality kpf.

Premiers with quality kpf include:
2022: geelong
2021: scene missing
2020: lynch and jack
2019: lynch and jack
2018: kennedy and darling
2017: jack
2016: tom boyd on the day…but yeah another blank.
2015: roughy
2014: roughy
2013: roughy and buddy

So only 3 out of ten lacked a quality kpf.

The Lions being floated as a suitor would surely just be Chol's last attempt at staying in QLD where his family is situated. We really need to snag one salary dump for a top 10 pick this trade period to speed up our rebuild and I don't really care which of the below were to happen.

Deal 1

Deal 2

Ideally deal 2 would be perfect for us as it would allow us to plug in Chol up forward and then take back to back picks to the draft. Trading the Suns pick 26 (729pts) + pick 30 (629pts) would give them an extra 1358pts for their academy bids and a likely top 10 pick in 2024. I'm not up to date with how many points they'll need but surely that would close to getting it done for them.
I would be happy with either of those proposed trades even though l'm not as big on Chol as others.
Will definitely help as a forward/ruck but want to know why he is not getting a senior game in front of Casboult.
One of the last games l saw him play this year he really lacked motivation and getting to contests, maybe that's one of the reasons.
If the Hawks do get him hopefully they can address that part of his game because we have a young group that is extremely driven of where they want to be in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Deal 1

Deal 2

We might need to go into deficit to land McCabe but if it means we were able to score deal 2 then so be it.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

n = 1 is not a trend.

Of the four teams in the preliminary finals, only one team lacked a genuine quality kpf.

Premiers with quality kpf include:
2022: geelong
2021: scene missing
2020: lynch and jack
2019: lynch and jack
2018: kennedy and darling
2017: jack
2016: tom boyd on the day…but yeah another blank.
2015: roughy
2014: roughy
2013: roughy and buddy

So only 3 out of ten lacked a quality kpf.
Who is saying none? We have Lewis just saying you don’t need a second kpf necessarily quality forwards of any size would be my preference.

Deal 1

Deal 2

Asking as a separate question " Are we any chance to get pick 26 for Kozi?"

Deal 1

Deal 2

you lost me at pick 26 for kosi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd have a crack at silly season.

Pick 4 + Pick 31 to GWS for 7, 16, 55.
Kosi + 50 + Future Third to Richmond for 27 + Future Third.
16, 27, Future First to GC for 5, Future Second, Chol.
Future Second to PA for Sinn + Future Fourth.
Future Fourth to Essendon for D'Ambrosio.
Brocky to WCE for Pick 53.

North trade for Pick 1 & GWS get spooked about Melbourne players:

Pick 1 (NM): Reid
Pick 2 (WCE): Curtin
Pick 3 (GC matched bid): Walter
Pick 4 (NM McKay compo): Duursma
Pick 5 (GWS): McKercher
Pick 6 (Haw): Watson
Pick 7 (Haw): O'Sullivan

Match the McCabe bid, go into deficit
Take Dear as a rookie

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Weddle O’Sullivan Jiath
C: Ward Nash Amon
HF: Moore Chol CMac
F: Watson Lewis Breust
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Worpel Maginness D'Ambrosio Ramsden
Sub: Impey
Mackenzie to force his way in.

Asking as a separate question " Are we any chance to get pick 26 for Kozi?"
I assume you didn't read the part where I said the Hawks receive pick 26 from Richmond in a trade for Koschitzke + pick 49? If they really want Kozzie that bad then it is not that bad of a deal with pick 49 going back their way.

I assume you didn't read the part where I said the Hawks receive pick 26 from Richmond in a trade for Koschitzke + pick 49? If they really want Kozzie that bad then it is not that bad of a deal with pick 49 going back their way.
Last year maybe. Out of contract, we're staring down the barrel of a future third.

West Coast should request from North picks 2, 14 & 19 & F1st for #1 pick.

You want a generational player, cough it up!

Interested to see (GC bids), where picks 14 & 19 end up?

Why wouldn't norf do it, they must be seen as being pro-active, having a player like Harley in the squad will generate memberships to increase and sponsorship will elevate.

West Coast has my attention with either of the following picks 14, 19 & 20 if they wanted to chat about DGB* & Brockman*

*reluctantly

Last year maybe. Out of contract, we're staring down the barrel of a future third.
The other option is to send him to the PSD where WC, North and we pick before them. Pick 26 with pick 49 going back isn't as unrealistic as you'd think. These are the deals we need to play hardball on.

Deal 1

Deal 2

In no world are you giving up pick 6 for that trade. GWS are not the suns. If he moves the best you could hope for is their first 15 and that’s also unlikely. You don’t give up a premium pick for 2 mid draft picks to move 1m unless you are bid matching like the suns.
Also can we get a sign.
SUNS ARE NOT TRADING PICK 4 UNTIL DRAFT NIGHT SO IT WONT BE INVOLVED WITH ANY PLAYER.
If we want Chol we will have to trade for him and that will likely be for 30 and that will remove our ability to offer for suns r1 unless we get a second back in for a player.

I don't think anyone wants Pick 49, unless they need points.
Yes tigers have no draft capital in a draft likely to only have 50 picks
Richmond list boss “let’s have a guy who could hardly get into the 16th team and a pick we might not even use.”😂
It’s pick 44 and brockman is 53 or equivalent match of picks and swaps. 44/49/53 = pick 16 after discount so plenty for McCabe. Trade out 30 for chol or something else it’s an ok draft.

West Coast should request from North picks 2, 14 & 19 & F1st for #1 pick.

You want a generational player, cough it up!

Interested to see (GC bids), where picks 14 & 19 end up?

Why wouldn't norf do it, they must be seen as being pro-active, having a player like Harley in the squad will generate memberships to increase and sponsorship will elevate.

West Coast has my attention with either of the following picks 14, 19 & 20 if they wanted to chat about DGB* & Brockman*

*reluctantly

Or they swap 2 and 19 and one of their F19/20 for 1 because thry know WCE would love Curtin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back