List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a question as am trying to help GWS list strategy going forward .
How do you guys rate Cadman compared to Phillipou as a forward. Do you see any Nick Reiwoldt like traits? Or more like Kosi?
Are they paying you for your expert advise , maybe if you watch a few games you can work out for yourself what type of player Poo is

Looks like he'll be a good player for you but any Roo/Kosi comparisons are probably off the mark at this stage.
Crazy what you paid for him though.
That's what I thought. Thsnks for the confirmation. Some people on GWS board ( I'm pretty certain some are club employees) defend trading 3,12 for 1 which was absurd to do as Cadman was available at probably even pick 4.

That's what I thought. Thsnks for the confirmation. Some people on GWS board ( I'm pretty certain some are club employees) defend trading 3,12 for 1 which was absurd to do as Cadman was available at probably even pick 4.
Talented kid with very good mobility, he’s a true key whereas the poo is a mid third tall. Any comparisons to past players are about as valid as every year we have the next dusty and so on. For what it’s worth reiwoldt was a freak who ran opponents off their feet and kosi was a ruckman forward who split packs and took contested marks. Imo cadman will be a star but what you gave up was what you needed to it’s that simple, he wouldn’t have been there at 3.

Gram was delisted in part due to disciplinary and off-field issues. Not a great example.

It's part of why we dropped off so badly though. We delisted rather than traded out guys who still had a few years left. A smart trade team would have tried to do some deals to unload some onto sides like GWS and GC for picks. Milne and Gram were pushed out as part of the nice guys policy too which was an exercise in image maintenance but not great for on-field.

Gram was delisted in part due to disciplinary and off-field issues. Not a great example.
It was one off field issue when players constantly get away with multiple. I’m sure if he did the same thing in 2009 or ‘10 he wouldn’t have been delisted but because we decided to rebuild he had to go. Just a crap way to go for someone who almost won a Norm Smith for us. Everything’s easy in hindsight though of course.

It was one off field issue when players constantly get away with multiple. I’m sure if he did the same thing in 2009 or ‘10 he wouldn’t have been delisted but because we decided to rebuild he had to go. Just a crap way to go for someone who almost won a Norm Smith for us. Everything’s easy in hindsight though of course.

I was a bit disgusted, he really needed help and support to get his life back on track, and we dumped him.
A certain North Melbourne player has recently had it far easier.

It wasn’t a one off
He lost the plot and was lucky he didn’t do time

Last edited:
It's part of why we dropped off so badly though. We delisted rather than traded out guys who still had a few years left. A smart trade team would have tried to do some deals to unload some onto sides like GWS and GC for picks. Milne and Gram were pushed out as part of the nice guys policy too which was an exercise in image maintenance but not great for on-field.

Its got to be holistic.
A well managed team would have young players coming through.
So you have a HBF coming through, you can trade someone like Gram or Gilbert while they are still current.
You have ruckman coming through, you can trade Ben McEvoy.

We were all ass about. We trade Ben McEvoy then go looking for a ruck.

Some of the other reasoning was sort of half sound. Get first round picks for Dal Santo, Goddard etc.
Fault in the reasoning , GWS coming on board.
The 2012 draft ( Goddard ) was incredibly weak on the back of GWS pre-listing the best 17 year olds in 2011. The mid-first round pick was more like end of first round in relation to pre-GWS drafting.

Was pretty dumb to execute a pre-GWS strategy as if they didn't affect anything.

Pretty dumb to specify that we needed "first round draft picks " and not consider that they were actually picks 18,19 in a weak draft. Picks worse than 2nd round picks last year.

Its like corporations trying to manage based on KPI's and not looking at the actual circumstances affecting those KPI's.

We seemed to have a pattern of accumulating picks in weak drafts and trading out of strong drafts.

I reckon he was going top 3. You pretty much paid pick 12 for guaranteed access. He looks very nice to me and talls take time. Sheezel looks like he would go pick one if draft was held again now. You really won't know what you have got for 5 years. You need KP stock and he looks like a proper good one. We don't regret Max King over Connor Rozee even though Rozee has become a star this year. You guys are stacked for mids and utilities.

Oh and don't forget Thommo's $400k he sued the club for unpaid holiday leave, from a job he got given by his sniffy mate and held for 6 years.
But yeah he loves the club apparently.
and where thommo constantly said if there is anyone better he would gladly give up his coaching job to that person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fox Footy
Paddy Dow last week 17 kicks only one hit a target

Take a read of this crap , gotta love the line with our current midfielders flying , the bloke is a complete F wit

Billings is great mates with Luke McDonald apparently and maybe others from North, I reckon there is good chance he goes there.

I think there used to be a few he was mates with there but they cut pretty deep recently so not sure now.

I’d still like to see him get a run in the seniors this year. If he plays well it puts his price tag up a little.

UFA next year.

Right now his value is prob 3rd rounder.

If he shows a bit of form we could maybe get a 2nd.

Last edited:
Fox Footy

Rossy Lyon might be his best bet then. He's never cared too much about accuracy. Voss has a very kick mark type of game style so I can see why he doesn't fit. His best position is an inside outside mid which the have heaps of anyway.

Perhaps SOS can do a 3 for a shit pick deal for Dow, O'Brien and JSOS like he did when he left GWS. A future 3rd rounder for their dirty laundry list.

That trio might make Sandy a bit stronger but i wouldn't call it the Talent injection the team really needs.

I was just shit posting. We need top end. I think Dow and O'Brien have scope to be better than they are. JSOS is just a competitor. Pretty much a Mason Wood type of honest battler who you hope might step up but likely to be depth.

I was just s**t posting. We need top end. I think Dow and O'Brien have scope to be better than they are. JSOS is just a competitor. Pretty much a Mason Wood type of honest battler who you hope might step up but likely to be depth.
I'm hoping the club restricts SOS to only picking one of that lot, at best.

Fox Footy
So he’ll fit right in then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back