List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at the players coming out of contract this year I don't think the club has to do anything too drastic to bring players in.

Gone due to injuries
Z Jones
D McKenzie (?)

Delisted depth
T Campbell
T Highmore

Possible Delist (if better options can be brought in via FA/Trade/Held draft picks)
J Bytel
L Connolly
O Adams
J Peris

3 or 4 straight away with room to move another 4 if required. All without having an impact on our side. If all we did was bring in a premium FA and 3 draft picks and delist the first 4 I'd personally be happy.

Interesting question.

I think the relevant thing is who he would replace on our list and what our other option is.

E.g.
If it is Dow vs a 4th round draft pick I'd take Dow

If it is Dow vs Bytel I would stick with Bytel

If it is Dow taking Jones spot I'd be okay with that.
If Jones is fit it’s Jones every day of the week

17 kicks in the 2s last week he hit one target

Games last year high 30s possessions going at around 30% efficiency

If Jones is fit it’s Jones every day of the week

17 kicks in the 2s last week he hit one target

Games last year high 30s possessions going at around 30% efficiency

Yes but imo it appears Jones is cooked. Dow at least gets on the park.

Dow is also 5 years younger.

Both appear to be depth players and I'd rather depth that isn't injured.

Yes but imo it appears Jones is cooked. Dow at least gets on the park.

Dow is also 5 years younger.

Both appear to be depth players and I'd rather depth that isn't injured.
Not setting the bar real high with Dow

Hopefully looking at blokes D Robertson at lions and S Flanders from GC

If we believe we can get Jones on the park he is well worth keeping

Christ we have some sea gulls on here , we are not getting any better bring in guys like Dow, FFS he can hardly get a game at Carlton and please don't say Stocker was in the same boat , Stocker has been a good serviceable player but is no star.
When Coff is back fully fit Stocker will be out as we need some more run and carry out the backline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Christ we have some sea gulls on here , we are not getting any better bring in guys like Dow, FFS he can hardly get a game at Carlton and please don't say Stocker was in the same boat , Stocker has been a good serviceable player but is no star.
When Coff is back fully fit Stocker will be out as we need some more run and carry out the backline

Gees you are tough on Stocker he is averaging 20 disposals per game and 285 metres gained. Coffield's best year 2021 he averaged 14 disposals and 200 metres gained. Coffield might have him covered in intercept marking, but Stocker has been a lot better than he is being credited for.

I havent watched many Dow's VFL games, but the game he played against Sandringham he and Cunningham were Carltons best and shadowed Bytel etc. Even in his draft year there were question marks over his kicking under pressure - so its obviously an issue.

Gees you are tough on Stocker he is averaging 20 disposals per game and 285 metres gained. Coffield's best year 2021 he averaged 14 disposals and 200 metres gained. Coffield might have him covered in intercept marking, but Stocker has been a lot better than he is being credited for.

I havent watched many Dow's VFL games, but the game he played against Sandringham he and Cunningham were Carltons best and shadowed Bytel etc. Even in his draft year there were question marks over his kicking under pressure - so its obviously an issue.
I actually like Stocker , i just think Coff will be an upgrade and that's what we need if we are ever going to stop being an average team

I actually like Stocker , i just think Coff will be an upgrade and that's what we need if we are ever going to stop being an average team
Two different kinds of player I think. The road back for Coff will be a very long one, and it's a long time out of senior football. Coff pretty good reading the play, and marked well in the back half a couple of years back when playing well, though Stocker is bit more nimble and has good foot skills and decision making.

Two different kinds of player I think. The road back for Coff will be a very long one, and it's a long time out of senior football. Coff pretty good reading the play, and marked well in the back half a couple of years back when playing well, though Stocker is bit more nimble and has good foot skills and decision making.
Stocker more nimble than Coff , man your way off the mark there , yes its a long road back but i think he will make it back , its not like he is hanners and is cooked

Just to remind you )))))

Coffield tested as one of the fastest players in the draft pool with a sub-three second 20m sprint time. Add to that his sizable vertical leap, 190cm frame and strong hands, and you have a ready-made AFL athlete. The most promising thing about Coffield is that he combines his athletic traits with a high-level football IQ, which has inevitably seen him draw comparisons to Scott Pendlebury.

Like the Collingwood skipper, Coffield provides a cool head amidst the mayhem of stoppages, weaving his way through traffic and turning on dimes. His clearance work has improved out of sight this year and more midfield time has really aided that side of his game. And with one of the most accurate kicks in the TAC Cup this season, Coffield’s efficiency has seen him stand out even more as clubs at the top level try to claim the best ball users.

Stocker also didn’t play much at the blues because he was hampered by mental health issues. Free of that’s he’s shown his promise. Dow is literally just sitting in their twos cause he’s not good

Stocker also didn’t play much at the blues because he was hampered by mental health issues. Free of that’s he’s shown his promise. Dow is literally just sitting in their twos cause he’s not good

He's not shit, he's just too much like what they have heaps of. Guys that are inside mids as their best position last year Stocker, Dow, Williams (best off HBF but taken to play inside mid), Cerra, Kennedy, Fogarty, Cripps, Carroll, Kemp, Walsh, Hewett and Setterfield. Then guys like Hollands and O'Brien on the outside and Cincotta and a few others that are potential mids like Binns.

Binns is killing it at VFL level and can't get a run either.

Coff hasn't played for nearly two years and when he did it was mostly VFL.

Not sure we can expect him to just come back and have an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back