List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have one genuine ruck on our list in Roma and you would rather persist with using Hayes - who isn’t a ruck and barely been on the park in the last 18 months.

Hammer - who is anything but a ruck and if asked to do it full time would struggle.

Owens - repeat as above.

And then all the rest who are saying, keep and use Tom Campbell 😂

The guy is 32 in November. Has played 2 games for us in 2 years - including none this year. Who at 3 clubs wasn’t even close to holding the #1 or #2 ruck mantle - clearly evidenced by his massive 52 games across 3 clubs and never having once played more then 9 games in a season in his 10 years.

And lastly Heath, isn’t ready and if it came to throwing him in for large runs. Would be detrimental to us and himself.

Meanwhile 35 year old Goldstein just played another 20 afl games this year to bring his career total to 315 games. Highlighting his durability and talent
Campbell would have played for us if RoMa was unavailable. He is our break glass option. Goldy wants to play AFL and he won't be doing that if RoMa stays fit.

I'm listening.
I'm done with Higgins (and Clark too).

I was a big defender of Higgins until this year, but I don't see him being able to play the role of a Ross Lyon pressure forward, and although he's a good mark, he's not tall enough to be a full-time marking forward. I still think he's talented, but I don't think he can thrive in a Ross Lyon team. Hope I'm wrong.

The one thing with Goldstein would be that he would be a fantastic mentor for both Heath and Marshall.
Yes I said Marshall. Roh is great around the ground, but his rucking and clearance craft leaves a lot to be desired.
Heath is a prospect but raw as still. Got better during the year but at preseason training saw Owens constantly outbody and out ruck him.
Goldstein may be looking for a coaching gig after footy, so his knowledge for Max and Roh would be great, while a ready made replacement for Roh if he goes down.
Can see real.upside to it.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
RoMa not likely to improve his tap work at this stage in his career. His nickname used to be The Prospect right?

My personal opinion is that Max Heath will be a very high level AFL ruck. The problem is that it probably won’t be next season. I think another big pre season working on his aerobic capacity and in the gym will make a huge difference. The kid is 205/105 now, he’s going to be a monster once he’s fully developed.
Our biggest issue is Marshall being a great follower but a poor ruckman. He also has never shown an ability to play forward.
I can see the thinking behind Goldstein, just don’t think he’s the right fit. If we do believe Heath will make it I’d rather just give Campbell another season. The other issue is that whoever is our second mature ruck we must give Heath the opportunity to be number one ruck at Sandringham

I was a big defender of Higgins until this year, but I don't see him being able to play the role of a Ross Lyon pressure forward, and although he's a good mark, he's not tall enough to be a full-time marking forward. I still think he's talented, but I don't think he can thrive in a Ross Lyon team. Hope I'm wrong.
He's obviously got some tricks, but the brain fades, staging and selfish turning his back to go back and then miss does my head in.

He's like a miniature lead up full forward, with the IQ of Warrick Capper.

A few OOC still

Byrnes
Campbell
Clark
Coffield
Gresham
Highmore
Jones
DMac
Stocker
Webster

I reckon Highmore would be worth retaining as cheap insurance, we should have plenty of list space. Can't see Dmac or Jones getting another contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His 20 disposals is not an improvement over Ross 20 disposals,
Which he went of injured twice early I think he’s usually good for 25 or so.

Not saying I wouldn’t take Jordan especially if it doesn’t cost much but just your call is off the mark there.
Footy isn't played that way anymore unless the 2nd ruck can play forward. Goldstein in over 300 games had shown little forward and Marshall second half of the year was the best ruck in the league, i wouldn't want him more forward then ruck. Hayden McLean would be an ideal option. Howard in a straight swap with the Swans could work.

When he is on he looks dangerous - but gee the last 2 games against Brisbane and GWS he was awful - slow and zero impact - question mark whether he can be a threat when the heat is on.

Higgins definitely needs to add more strings to his bow. He's not quick, not particularly creative in general play, and way too flaky in front of goal. Fact is, we don't have any high quality goal sneak / crumbers in the traditional mould, which means that when the ball hits the ground in our forward 50, we might scrap a goal (preceded by ridiculous overuse of the handball) at best.

I used to use dog meat on a string and my mums best colinder...much to her disgust😊
Billabong creek was my yabby fishing ground.
I used to use dog meat on a string and my mums best colinder...much to her disgust😊
Billabong creek was my yabby fishing ground.
That’s an odd way to jerk someone off, no wonder your Mother was disgusted

The other issue is that whoever is our second mature ruck we must give Heath the opportunity to be number one ruck at Sandringham
This is why I'd be in favor of Goldy.
Moose only recently started playing the no1 roll this season so will need another full year in 2024.
For this reason l say that it's Campbell who doesn't fit the mold any more, whilst Goldy provides everything we need for the next 18 months.

Higgins definitely needs to add more strings to his bow. He's not quick, not particularly creative in general play, and way too flaky in front of goal. Fact is, we don't have any high quality goal sneak / crumbers in the traditional mould, which means that when the ball hits the ground in our forward 50, we might scrap a goal (preceded by ridiculous overuse of the handball) at best.
The ball hit the ground in our forward half and I can hardly recall a time when Gresham, Higgins or Butler were even near it. Then they waltzed it out. Usually I don’t blame our forwards, as they have to deal with crap entries and lack of consistent ball movement, but the crumbing was woeful last weekend.

The ball hit the ground in our forward half and I can hardly recall a time when Gresham, Higgins or Butler were even near it. Then they waltzed it out. Usually I don’t blame our forwards, as they have to deal with crap entries and lack of consistent ball movement, but the crumbing was woeful last weekend.
I thought I heard that our efficiency for scoring per inside 50 was the worst in the league, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I've been very open to the fact that I was a critic of Dow and since mid year have been watching him pretty closely and have been impressed with what I have seen.

Im not sure I was up everyone who mentioned him last year or if I would jack him off. Also I've never jacked off anyone before so I think if I was going to start now there would probably be heaps ahead of Dow.

I have talked about him a bit in the last week but that is because I've been informed by a reliable source that it's a done deal.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do in a Saints jumper next year. No ambition to jack him off. Cheering for him from the stands is probably as far as I'll go.
Liar Liar giphy (4).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back