List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about sample size. You’re using one game?!
that’s a very minute sample size.

How about comparing his previous year to this year? Or even the first half of this year to the 2nd half of this year?

He has clearly improved.
I went to that game, watched Henry closely & reckon he’d pretty much checked out!

Billings wasn't considered that bad when he re-signed. I'd actually argue billings had more capability to be an AFL player.

Hunter ain't it. Sell before it's too late.

Neither have value so might as well hope they can step up. Billings broke down just at the age players usually hit their band of consistency. Clark probably never gets pace but if we can work around that he's got good traits.

Believe he might have been part of the group that didn’t take it too seriously last year under Ratts and got up to some heavy drinking and other antics (not drugs) post game.
Those half-arsed players in the boozehound gang need to have a look at themselves and think about what they could achieve together if they actually took their jobs seriously. If they can't commit to that, I don't care if it's Marshall Steele Gresham whoever, they need to get the hell out of St Kilda. We can't carry loser shit like that anymore, the fanbase, the club, the younger driven players all need success.

That bloody disco has been closed for decades, time to shut down the culture for good and be a serious club.

So I was just talking to a fella whose son knows Jack Ginnivan. Apparently he toured the club about a month ago and is now committed to coming across!

Lol
Nice try

Then again, no it wasn't

So now we are keeping Clark
Deadset he better get on a ****ing treadmill and a bench and start pushing some plates

Slow as a wet weekend

Wrong again mate!

Yeah let’s not bother to look at stats they’re useless.
Let’s instead just use Joffaboy’s guess as to what happened in games as our indicator for what goes wrong.

Just to get you educated, pressure around the ground isn’t based on your teams ability to “win in the midfield” it’s your teams ability to shut down the oppositions ball movement, which is mostly reliant on your mids/wings and forwards.

The point is our “defensive system” (which encompasses the whole ground) helps to protect the back six.
Our defense was really good all year and that was largely based on our ability to pressure teams around the ground and force tough entries or poor shots on goal. Our backline was also very good, but it was mainly due to our defensive setup.

On Saturday that fell apart, which is why so many of our defenders found themselves in one on one situations or scrambling to get back to defend.

So no it was not entirely the backlines fault. Even Rance/Silvagni types would’ve struggled to defend some the easy entries we allowed.

There is definitely a full court press that isn't on the back 6 when it breaks down. That said against the Giants we were finding it hard to extract the ball and also struggling to win it back on the outside through pressure so lost both. We aren't a side that relies on clearance but not winning it makes our game effortful and means we are more prone to sides with good inside brigades getting us.

It probably is a hyperbolic statement but we look better when our midfield performs regardless. That said we lost some through poor conversion, some through lack of effort, some through system break down and most of all to sides with better personnel and systems.

I’m not saying he’s in the same league but leg speed doesn’t make a player. Oliver. Wines, Cripps, Steele, Pendlebury etc are all slow. If Clark can find the footy 25+ times as a mid and use it at a good rate then he’s a player. Big question marks over whether he can do that though.
It’s not so much the speed though (although that’s not great). It’s clearly a fitness issue. You can see it on tv and at the ground and it’s reflective in some of his TOG% numbers. He just doesn’t have the tank and that exacerbates his lack of speed, because he just can’t find that extra yard of pace when he really needs to.

Based off Crouch's reported contract, band 3 is roughly 600-650k a seseason.
The Crouch contract is a hard one to go off as a lot of his money was performance based so wasn't included in the salary when the AFL added their formula.

I'd imagine that kind of co tract would nor.ally get you band 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying he’s in the same league but leg speed doesn’t make a player. Oliver. Wines, Cripps, Steele, Pendlebury etc are all slow. If Clark can find the footy 25+ times as a mid and use it at a good rate then he’s a player. Big question marks over whether he can do that though.

100%. If he gets his production high enough then we can afford to carry him defensively.

Not a big day in the outrageous rumour stakes today however the last entry is a very strong candidate for best so far.

All the ingredients, a one post newbie, a random bloke who has a n offspring who knows the player and a player touring the Linton St facilities a month ago. Pretty impressive trope hitting there. Kudo's

Trade Period so Far

1.Phillipou for a 12-14 pick

2. Steele for an 18 y.o potential

3. Alison to North for a 3rd

4. Trade Ross because he once went @50% DE

5. Higgins traded back to Richmond

6. Jack Ginnivan commits to Saints. One post user who heard from a random whose son knows Ginnivan
I hope you’re forwarding all of these to the trainee receptionist. I’m sure SOS is looking for ideas.

One slight difference - compare the body shape of those you have referred to with Hunter - Mr Universe vs Mr Puniverse

The Crouch contract is a hard one to go off as a lot of his money was performance based so wasn't included in the salary when the AFL added their formula.

I'd imagine that kind of co tract would nor.ally get you band 2
The Herald Sun's list his contract at 650k, with a max of 700k with the clauses so I'm guessing 650k is is max for his band of compo.

What pick roughly brut?
I'm not sure how it works

That would be a pretty ordinary one?
Band 3 is directly after the clubs 2nd round pick.

Band 2 is end of 1st round.

Wrong again mate!

Yeah let’s not bother to look at stats they’re useless.
Let’s instead just use Joffaboy’s guess as to what happened in games as our indicator for what goes wrong.

Just to get you educated, pressure around the ground isn’t based on your teams ability to “win in the midfield” it’s your teams ability to shut down the oppositions ball movement, which is mostly reliant on your mids/wings and forwards.

The point is our “defensive system” (which encompasses the whole ground) helps to protect the back six.
Our defense was really good all year and that was largely based on our ability to pressure teams around the ground and force tough entries or poor shots on goal. Our backline was also very good, but it was mainly due to our defensive setup.

On Saturday that fell apart, which is why so many of our defenders found themselves in one on one situations or scrambling to get back to defend.

So no it was not entirely the backlines fault. Even Rance/Silvagni types would’ve struggled to defend some the easy entries we allowed.

No you are completely incorrect. 12 losses is not a guess.
48% of games were losses but we had the best defence in the league.
Stats does not explain even using your analogy of mids putting the pressure on upfield. 48% of the time this obviously didn't happen but still the defence held up.

Sorry mate try again. When our mids got beaten the team got beaten but.....

..... the back six stood up to have easily the best defence.
Would be even better if we had a decent midfield. Win the ball, it goes the opposite way.
Anybody relying on stats is basically deluded.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

While that’s true, I highly doubt Clark will ever make it to that consistency. I’d rather let him go now while he still has a slight iota of value and spend his development time on Hotton.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back