List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said every single game we lost we got smashed in the midfield.

So I’m just imagining that we beat Port and Hawthorn in the midfield but still lost? The stats on the AFL site are wrong are they?

Just face it. You’re wrong.
Yep we were beaten by both. Our mids lost us the games but we were still the best defence in the league.
I know you are having trouble with facts but that's your issue. You are completely incorrect.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You said every single game we lost we got smashed in the midfield.

So I’m just imagining that we beat Port and Hawthorn in the midfield but still lost? The stats on the AFL site are wrong are they?

Just face it. You’re wrong.
We may not have been smashed in those two games by the stats or for the full game but in both of them there was a run of multiple goals where the ball bypassed our midfield like last Saturday. The midfield was where we lost those two games in 20 minute bursts. Last Saturday was a movie I'd seen before.

Billings: One day he kicked 5 and had 30 possessions against the Blues. This was in 2017. That is seriously elite and not many players have done that. Someone mentioned previously on here that was his best season, so right up until 2017, his progress and development was slow, but it was still perfectly acceptable. There was still optimism he would take on the next step.

What happened? It can’t all be Richo and development, since he played three years under Ratten and continued the regression. It’s at a point now rival clubs are barely showing any interest. Injuries weren’t a big issue until this year. Hasn’t replicated that big day out against the Blues or the big comeback against the dogs in recent years.
He had AA type year that year, if he kicked straight he would’ve been a lock.

Yep we were beaten by both. Our mids lost us the games but we were still the best defence in the league.
I know you are having trouble with facts but that's your issue. You are completely incorrect.

I have trouble with your “facts”. Because they’re not facts at all.

How do you come to the conclusion that we have the best defense in the league? Stats?

I still think he’s best in the centre.
He is unplayable. Too weak, too slow.

Shame, as he is brave. Unfortuantley he is the least athletic bloke playing AFL.

Very low chance of being a high quality AFL midfielder unless there is a dramatic turnaround in his athleticism. Not sure it's possible.

Opposition would be pumped lining up against Clark.

We will never get Callaghan. A pipe dream like Kelly

I totally enjoy it when we get someone like Nas, or Owens in the draft , way more than when we trade for someone.
It hardly ever seems that we trade for someone and we have a huge surprise in our favour.

I want us to get the next Callgham or the next Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may not have been smashed in those two games by the stats or for the full game but in both of them there was a run of multiple goals where the ball bypassed our midfield like last Saturday. The midfield was where we lost those two games in 20 minute bursts. Last Saturday was a movie I'd seen before.
Which goes back to my original point.

Saturdays loss wasn’t on the backline. It was the lack of defence from our mids and forwards, which Joffaboy seems unable comprehend.

Nah you're safe - as much as I hate Ginnivan, I'm not gonna waste my perma-ban fund on him or you. Got my eyes on a bigger prize!!!

As for Ginnivan - doesn't tackle, biggest ducker the AFL has ever seen - so much so they changed the rules.

Once that happened he stopped being effective because most of his goals came from his embarrasing ducking.
Watch the last few minutes of last week VS Melbourne. Got smashed twice and a minute later through his body on the line in a vital play.
Not many Saints do that type of stuff.

But still, we were the best defence in the league, but according to him that is all because of the midfield.
If we lost 48% of our games but still had the best defence in the league simple logic would tell anybody something else was at play, like ANNA back, wingers giving a chop out and a key back who is a beautiful kick and can spoil.

Which goes back to my original point.

Saturdays loss wasn’t on the backline. It was the lack of defence from our mids and forwards, which Joffaboy seems unable comprehend.
You can't read. 48% of our games lost, best defence in the league. In all of those losses the mids were outplayed but still our defence held up.
Saturday the mids were smashed again but our defence didn't hold up.
24 games we were the best defence, Saturday only second time we have had more than 90 kicked on us. Our defence was a shambles but hey let's trade out a key back.
FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back