List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know his value is fairly low but there really isn't much point for giving him away for nothing if we are already trading players out, which looks likely.

I'd prefer to let him have a full pre season next year if he can't net us a pick we can at least use at the draft.
Depends what they have going on
Clear the $500k a year for the next 2years
Maybe it’s not the draft pick but the extra money they want. He and Howard clear 1.1 million for next year.

I don’t think RTB rates Billing’s at all and it sounds like not much interest from elsewhere

If he want to go though, do we really want to keep him?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes depending on the price, i can see the compromised draft making this quite likely if we can’t get him to sign on. If Carlton are still in the race I’d be more inclined to just take the pick if they were open to Binns for an early third but somehow I doubt it. I’ve seen enough of dow to know I don’t want him, i hope we have some better options because he’s definitely not the answer to our problems in the midfield.

Archie Perkins looking for a new team according to Twittersphere. Anybody?

Absolutely. He hasn't put a huge body of work together yet but you can see massive potential. If he can transition into a full time midfielder which was what they thought he might become he'd be great. Sandy kid too.

If he was not contracted I'd be keen. Wouldn't be worth the shot fight though.

I would, he's worth asking about. Elite potential still. Reminds me of Phillipou in some of the signs he's shown. Imagine the mid/ forward rotations with Owens and Phillipou along side him.

I think they rate him but are just taking advantage of the lack of key defenders out there. That and he is contracted meaning we can ask for more. Pretty sure they would happily keep him.

Ross has not rated Howard since day one. The fact he he popped King’s shoulder doing something unnecessary in match sim made Ross absolutely furious.
He’s gone if another club wants him.

Just looking at the SANFL “ “ team of the year (WAFL is out as well, can’t find it though)
Wondering if we can find a decent late pick or rookie amongst them? See Jackson Hately is there, former first round draft pick now out of contract.

View attachment 1792861

One of the Adelaide posters recons he's shit. Said we'd be better off with Matt Crouch. Reckons he won't make it at AFL level. Not massive production for state leagues.

I’m not saying he won’t stay but Gresh cares about Gresh, not any potential future team success.
Well I had heard that from an ITK but if u post thay you usually get flamed down by some club lover who then sprouts what clue would we have and it's just a bullshit opinion.

I hope he does go
Said that for about 8 months

Just think somehow he might buy in...maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looked like having a break through year early, but didn't really do much in the end. Im not sure if he's worth a first.

Maybe he's it one that needs more midfield minutes though.

He's got talent, I think the Dons have been playing for wins and not development so haven't maximised some of those guys that looked really promising. Harry Jones, Cox and D'Ambrosio all looked worthy of pumping games into. All seemed to get limited runs.

And there it is above
Lmao

Although very polite and not the usual backlash

Its kinda a known but not known thing that he is a little figjamy

I'd prefer that to some of the pissy choir-boys that we've had. JDG is a flog. He's ben good the last month and buying in. If he can play like he has and maybe lift to another level on a wage that doesn't hurt us he's a no brainer to match.

Coff looked ok when he was playing some really good footy
Any chance he can do a sincs and just build a massive tank?
He could run thru the middle?

Or is he just a pure defender?

He was meant to be a runner but never shown it in games yet. He seemed more a kicking distributor with neat kicking skills and a good mark.

Or Marshall for that matter.
However open list spots have netted Sharman, Moose, Hayes, Stocker and Hammer.
I'm not saying one is right or wrong. Just seems to be the trend atm..

There is no right or wrong way. Diversifying talent pathways is how Geelong got around bottoming out for years. You need to do well at what ever one you choose. Wasting places on guys that don't make it ties up money, spots and resources for years. You can't afford to waste too many. Toce seems to use his spots very wisely. The later guys are still very high potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back