2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt it was a big decision for him. Be closer to his family would have been a drawing card, but why would you leave now? He seems to enjoy it there, so unless its huge money or you're unhappy, then might as well stay put after putting in the hard yards.
I heard he wants to win finals and that’s something Essendon can’t frankly deliver 😜

Pretty sure he was Brisbane's, I played in the Morningside Supercats ( old man footy) with his Dad back 10 years ago or so.
Talking more when he was delisted from Brisbane he wanted to stay in qld. We could of got him for nothing

Dan Rioli exactly what we need

B grade HB (which is more then we have to be fair) who will cost 2 1st round picks? meh, does it help us push for the 8?

won't Powell play the same role long term? just think he got to hit the draft before tassie drains the talent and always value getting talent outside of the academy imo

B grade HB (which is more then we have to be fair) who will cost 2 1st round picks? meh, does it help us push for the 8?

won't Powell play the same role long term? just think he got to hit the draft before tassie drains the talent and always value getting talent outside of the academy imo
Did you see any of the game last night? Rioli was phenomenal. He was the highest rated player on the ground with 28 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals, 86% time on ground and 71% disposal efficiency. That's not a B grade performance. Every team dreams of having a player like that on the HB/wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see any of the game last night? Rioli was phenomenal. He was the highest rated player on the ground with 28 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals, 86% time on ground and 71% disposal efficiency. That's not a B grade performance. Every team dreams of having a player like that on the HB/wing.
Every other team has a player like that 🤷🏽‍♂️

Did you see any of the game last night? Rioli was phenomenal. He was the highest rated player on the ground with 28 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 2 goals and 86% time on ground. Every team dreams of having a player like that on the HB/wing.

5th in the tigers bnf last season never made the all aussie squad, was great last night no question but this talk of two 1st is wild imo. does he change us for being a 10th team to a top 8 team? i don't see it.

dan houston on the other hand sign me up

Every other team has a player like that 🤷🏽‍♂️
Where's ours? Powell had 19 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 0 goals yesterday and Weller had 16 disposals, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal. Rioli got a lot more of the ball and did more with it when he had it. Keep in mind, Rioli did all that in an interstate away loss, which makes it even more impressive. This isn't a one off for Rioli either - his last four weeks he's had 26, 26, 24 and 25 touches and all of those games were losses for Richmond.

5th in the tigers bnf last season never made the all aussie squad, was great last night no question but this talk of two 1st is wild imo. does he change us for being a 10th team to a top 8 team? i don't see it.

dan houston on the other hand sign me up
How often do HBs win BnFs? They're almost always overshadowed by midfielders so that's not a fair measure of his output. He actually did make the AA squad in 2022 and there's a fair chance he'll make it again this year. This is a guy who is right in the middle of his physical prime at 27 years of age and is ready to give his best years to a contender (hopefully us). I agree that two 1st round picks is overs, but you have to remember he's contracted until 2027 and that ups the price. Maybe not two 1st rounders worthy, but we will have to go overs to get him. Added bonus that he's an NT boy and probably wants to play with his fellow NT friends and family (Ben Long is his cousin) in his hometown of Darwin.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Dusty?
Is he injured? In any he?
Does he miss Hardwick?
Do we know he is coming across for 2025/26

What a circus

Seems like Dusty just doesn't want to play for a losing Richmond anymore. Heard rumours he's been looking at real estate up here recently. I think he's ready to move to the GC now. The question is whether he wants to play for us next year and if we want him. I'm pretty sure Dimma does want him, though.

Where's ours? Powell had 19 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 0 goals yesterday and Weller had 16 disposals, 2 marks, 5 tackles, 1 goal. Rioli got a lot more of the ball and did more with it when he had it. Keep in mind, Rioli did all that in an interstate away loss, which makes it even more impressive. This isn't a one off for Rioli either - his last four weeks he's had 26, 26, 24 and 25 touches and all of those games were losses for Richmond.

How often do HBs win BnFs? They're almost always overshadowed by midfielders so that's not a fair measure of his output. He actually did make the AA squad in 2022 and there's a fair chance he'll make it again this year. This is a guy who is right in the middle of his physical prime at 27 years of age and is ready to give his best years to a contender (hopefully us). I agree that two 1st round picks is overs, but you have to remember he's contracted until 2027 and that ups the price. Maybe not two 1st rounders worthy, but we will have to go overs to get him. Added bonus that he's an NT boy and probably wants to play with his fellow NT friends and family (Ben Long is his cousin) in his hometown of Darwin.

Of course stats mean little but ranking wise Powell and Rioli are almost the same rating points for the past two season when Powells been fit of course. Rioli is playing good footy but the footy they play suits his role so much and the ball is down in the d50 a lot.

ATM a team like freo are playing Wagner in a HB role who cost them little, i'd rather take a punt on say a daniel coming from the bulldogs on the cheap, give me a another good ball user at pick 7 that can come on with jed,reid and co

Think we can all agree anything more then a 1st round pick will be a bummer.

Of course stats mean little but ranking wise Powell and Rioli are almost the same rating points for the past two season when Powells been fit of course. Rioli is playing good footy but the footy they play suits his role so much and the ball is down in the d50 a lot.

ATM a team like freo are playing Wagner in a HB role who cost them little, i'd rather take a punt on say a daniel coming from the bulldogs on the cheap, give me a another good ball user at pick 7 that can come on with jed,reid and co

Think we can all agree anything more then a 1st round pick will be a bummer.
Bulldogs pick seems right. If they want to do some fancy academy points wizardry as well then fine

We have been hitting the draft for 14 years. It has not worked. Richmond fans where incredibly grumbly about giving up pick 6 for Prestia. They won a flag the next year. Not saying we will, but a player who walks in and instantly makes our best 22 better is worth more to us now than another 18yo.

We have been hitting the draft for 14 years. It has not worked. Richmond fans where incredibly grumbly about giving up pick 6 for Prestia. They won a flag the next year. Not saying we will, but a player who walks in and instantly makes our best 22 better is worth more to us now than another 18yo.

How many live picks have we had in the past 5 years? outside of rowell,anderson ? . live picks have been like my hair line a bit thin. Pick the eyes out of the draft till tassie comes then bank on the academy as this draft looks really good

In saying that i get what you mean a player can take a team up the ladder, saad at the blues is what's in my head the blues really gained not a lot. but gained loads from achers who plays around the ball/wing

How many live picks have we had in the past 5 years? outside of rowell,anderson ? . live picks have been like my hair line a bit thin. Pick the eyes out of the draft till tassie comes then bank on the academy as this draft looks really good

In saying that i get what you mean a player can take a team up the ladder, saad at the blues is what's in my head the blues really gained not a lot. but gained loads from achers who plays around the ball/wing
Andrew, Humphrey, Hollands, Flanders, Moyle (mid season), then the 4 boys and Clohesy last year. We're trending in the wrong direction with list build. We shouldn't be getting younger again, we have a pipeline of kids coming through and if we play good we will attract players. Not going to attract anyone if we have 6 or 7 kids under 21 running around every week. It's been 14 years I do not want to do another ****ing rebuild.

Andrew, Humphrey, Hollands, Flanders, Moyle (mid season), then the 4 boys and Clohesy last year. We're trending in the wrong direction with list build. We shouldn't be getting younger again, we have a pipeline of kids coming through and if we play good we will attract players. Not going to attract anyone if we have 6 or 7 kids under 21 running around every week. It's been 14 years I do not want to do another ****ing rebuild.

Freo has the youngest team in the AFL , young doesn't mean bad, and old doesn't mean good. feel like the spine and mid mix is no where near the finished product.
Spine
collins. 30
andrew raw as bacon
anderson gun
walter raw
King gun.

player like josh smillie might slip to 7 who is anderson 2.0 imo slightly better ball user too.

Freo has the youngest team in the AFL , young doesn't mean bad, and old doesn't mean good. feel like the spine and mid mix is no where near the finished product.
Spine
collins. 30
andrew raw as bacon
anderson gun
walter raw
King gun.

player like josh smillie might slip to 7 who is anderson 2.0 imo slightly better ball user too.
Agree we need a Collins replacement but what are kids going to do infront of the talent we already have?

I don’t think we can call them rebuilds, more like delayed builds

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back