F: O’Leary, Thilthorpe, Thomas
HF: T. Murray, McHenry, Haysman
C: Gallagher, Schoenberg, J. Boyle
HB: Ryan, Burgess, Bond
B: Smith, Curtain, Tahana

R: Strachan, Edwards, Pedlar
INT: Madgen, Davis, Sigal, Clifford, Burton, H. Boyle
IN: Thilthorpe, Strachan, Madgen, Schoenberg, Davis, Burton
OUT: McDonald (hand), O’Brien (AFL), Gollant (AFL)
https://sanfl.com.au/league/matches/124771204/
Strongest team for a while & expect 2 emergencies to play. Assume Gollant emergency cover.

F: O'Leary, T Murray, Thomas
HF: McHenry, Thilthorpe, Haysman
C: Curtin, Schoenberg, Edwards
HB: Ryan, Borlase, Smith
B: Madgen, Burgess, Bond
R: Strachan, Taylor, Pedlar
I (from): Gallagher, Boyle, Tahana Davis, Sigal, Clifford, H Boyle

I did hear a rumour one thing we asked for for next year was for SANFL games to be scheduled the day after our AFL games as much as possible. This was to allow AFL subs and emergencies to play SANFL as much as possible and not have weeks where 1-2 guys don't play.
Not sure the SANFL will give us too many Monday games following our Sunday graveyard AFL games we are mostly given next year

Not sure the SANFL will give us too many Monday games following our Sunday graveyard AFL games we are mostly given next year
Imagine the time slots in a National reserves comp 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
This is what amuses me, Chris Davies and follower bedwetters think it will all be better …..please, GO.

4 hours before the main match id say. So a 1:40 afl match would have reserves at 9:40. Good day out.
Highly doubt that will happen, the wear and tear on the grounds will be too much and it’s not what happens in the VFL now, why do you think that will suddenly change?
If the request to the SANFL is for reserves games after the AFL game to play subs etc, then how does this help if the reserves are playing beforehand?

Finally someone has been on radio and brought up some relevant facts about this pantomime (something Chris Davies fails to do), and it took a good Sturt man to do it in Marty Mattner. He was on SEN yesterday and put it to Rucc that there’s plenty of Victorian AFL clubs high on the AFL ladder on the bottom of the VFL ladder…..a point I made on here weeks ago.

Again, all anyone needs to do is actually take some time to look at stats and facts since 2014 to see just how ridiculous some of these complaints and arguments are.
Does anyone in the media do it? **** no! Gets in the way of their excuses. 9205AF09-E0F1-4399-B4A2-35AA56388139.gif

Last edited:
To be honest, considering how much the SANFL has strip mined both AFL teams for every financial advantage they could take, I would prefer a solution that doesn't benefit them in any way.

The AFL teams should enter some kind of VFL comp, and the AFL itself should take over junior development in SA, which has been a disaster.

That Lachlan Thomas is a Sam Berry look alike, just a bit skinnier, hard to tell sometimes with the usual mega zoomed out camera work we are blessed with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back