List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 36, 54, 90, 108, 126)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh. The problem is you go back and look at drafts and how many small forwards have been taken that you would still pay a high pick for. Not many.

Again it’s a generalisation, which doesn’t always apply to individuals.

But yeah, much prefer we go after small forwards with mid to late picks, where they’re found all the time. I think recruiters have a hard time quantifying small forward form in lower leagues to how they’ll play in the afl.

Yeah our midfield is pretty close, I think we’re still working out our best mix there and it doesn’t seem quite right. Hard to say yet whether it’s the mix or the coaching setups etc or as I suspect a little bit of both.

We arguably need to replace wines shortly, and I think a young explosive bigger bull is probably the player we need to put next to butters , jhf , drew and rozee.

We saw in the sanfl this year we really had next to no onballers. Sinn who’s developing as a halfback/ wing. Lorenz as a wing, and Jackson, and who knows what he can be if he can stay on the park. But there’s certainly no bulls there.
Will Francou will help here, getting SPP pushes one of McIntee or Evans back into the midfield. Still think Charleson will be a midfielder more than a small forward. Hope Lorenz plays Wing in the ones next year, but Rover if he plays twos. Jackson fit and ‘one’ more, maybe R.Burgoyne? We look healthier

Haha. Would lol of this is true.

Hope it is, cause if they have to look outside Sa for talent they should be nervous

1. Their recruiter has quite a few misses
2. They have a poor record of retaining vic players
3. Highly sought after (ie good) players are a big threat to bail in bottom dwelling interstate teams, which crowd are bound to be for the next few years.

Still think west coast will have eyes for the Sa lad, tho can’t read the top end of this draft , seems so even.

Will Francou will help here, getting SPP pushes one of McIntee or Evans back into the midfield. Still think Charleson will be a midfielder more than a small forward. Hope Lorenz plays Wing in the ones next year, but Rover if he plays twos. Jackson fit and ‘one’ more, maybe R.Burgoyne? We look healthier
You mean Ollie Francou?

Reported on Channel Crow (7)

Officially, you can't say no, it's draft tampering, unless you're a Victorian kid. But you can make it clear you don't want to go to the club. The ball is then in their court.

Draper would prefer going to a Vic club according to the report, so that's probably ok with the AFL.

The Crow fans don't seem to have that view of Josh Money ;)

I’d love to see Dudley get a go , he’s small but he’s chunky , comes from a good footballing family . I think his grandfather was Lincoln Dudley who was a top player they’re from Ceduna/Pt.Lincoln
How many goals did his grandfather kick on debut?

Being small is a benefit these days. In the elimination final I saw Nick Watson head but Caleb Daniel in the shins and get rewarded with a high free kick.

I’d love to see Dudley get a go , he’s small but he’s chunky , comes from a good footballing family . I think his grandfather was Lincoln Dudley who was a top player they’re from Ceduna/Pt.Lincoln
Checked his record 38 games for 32 goals not that flash, Wilkinson, Gore and Hone have much better records and we need goals. Would we look at any of those 3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft (Picks 36, 54, 90, 108, 126)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back