AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved up to 79th.

Need a downgrade for Freijah. Put Dowling as placeholder until teams. Rogers getting a pulse wouldn't go astray.

Clohesy > Rozee and Steele > Walsh (bit of a defensive move though so will look at this)
Why are people getting excited about Rozee ?? I noticed that he was in the highest traded in players. He scored 71 on the back of 14 possessions, with 3 free kicks awarded to him. Not much to get excited about. Mid only, and while he may get fwd status on the next wave of DPP additions, that's still a few weeks away. Still has a relatively high BE as well.

Slight improvement overall, moving up to 67th overall.

Team will be complete this round basically. There’s a few players I’m not 100% happy with, Green is the biggest annoyance as I just brought him in. Trades are going to be an issue as I’ve burnt through them chasing overall, so will likely need to ride him out or find a DPP M9 I can loop him with

Why are people getting excited about Rozee ?? I noticed that he was in the highest traded in players. He scored 71 on the back of 14 possessions, with 3 free kicks awarded to him. Not much to get excited about. Mid only, and while he may get fwd status on the next wave of DPP additions, that's still a few weeks away. Still has a relatively high BE as well.
I'm not excited about him but sub 700k is an easy swap from Clohesy. Would like to wait a week for him to build form.

Inb4 Clohesy beats him by 15-20 points which is what would happen if I made the move in AF lol

rd14: 1819pts (top 7%)
overall: 171st (top 2%)... up 26 spots
trades: 12

Zorko(c) + Heeney + Whitfield + Gulden + Bont = :thumbsu:
Powell + Rozee = :thumbsdown:
Simpkin = :cryv1:

with Simpkin likely to miss again, i'm facing 18 players available before trades
thinking of upgrading Simpkin -> Jackson somehow, but need to find the money
Freijah -> downgrade target is probably the best option... dunno about Kreuger though (and he has the bye)
Sinclair -> Stewart is more daring... and probably weakens my team in the long run
Powell, Green, and Rozee all need to lift !!
and could somebody at Geelong give Mannagh a game... can't believe i still have that guy :(

1707, down to 81st.

Freijah down to a rookie - maybe Dowling a week early, to fund Macrae up to Merrett is the obvious play.

Have a spare trade, and 120k left over.

Which I'd be loosely keen to use to get rid of Steele, or a luxury trade on Tom Powell (which would leave me needing to trade in a F6 this week or next, as would only have Flanders, Zork, Heeney, Fisher & Sexton) I just don't know what premiums I could target

Dunkley, Anderson, Butters, Brayshaw - form

Warner, Clugg, Houston, LDU, Rowell Kelly - are they top 8 guys?

Grundy, Xerri - already have Marshall/Gawn

Maybe it's just go for a Rozee/Salem type at their price and hope for the best.

In terms of F6 - really not sure who's worth targeting for it. What does everyone else think?

Daniher/McKay/Waterman - KPFs are scary
Jackson - probably not enough ruck time to be confident
Caldwell - is thee role there?
ANB - might get the mid minutes now, but probably worth looking first?
Miers, Greene - Good, but form?
Simpkin - Hard to take a flier on him now after the midfield worked well in his absence, assuming it is only a short term hammy.

The guys on the bye this week
Baker - Hopper and Prestia back give a bit of role risk?
Moore - form is solid, but average is a bit eh, role makes it hard
Rankine - solid citizen, but more impact than output
Bolton - doesn't seem to be it this year

Maybe it's a punt on someone like Jeremy Cameron?

Anyone got any feels/wisdom?

Dropped off Neale’s paltry 50, and Warner was average

Houston, Grundy, Heeney English, Whitfield, Dale and Davies-Uniacke were my only tons, C and VC were fails
Mids were tough this week. A decent captain and you'd have beaten me. I had a 125VC and beat you by 25 I think. I went up 20 spots in the top 100 so you did alright considering.

Mids were tough this week. A decent captain and you'd have beaten me. I had a 125VC and beat you by 25 I think. I went up 20 spots in the top 100 so you did alright considering.
Ranked a poor 2248, been in the 2000s since round 3

My team below before I burn a couple of trades, currently 6 left so will go down to 4, going to keep Butters

Want to trade H. Garcia out, as he has become a ghost

Any suggestions, my Mid Field sucks

VC/C selections haven't panned out too well for me all season, one of the reasons my overall is terrible

IMG_0740.jpeg

Ranked a poor 2248, been in the 2000s since round 3

My team below before I burn a couple of trades, currently 6 left so will go down to 4, going to keep Butters

Want to trade H. Garcia out, as he has become a ghost

Any suggestions, my Mid Field sucks

View attachment 2022802
Far out team complete before trades this week. No Zorko, Gawn and Martin look the main misses and midfield maybe missing some absolute top 8 guys

Did you miss some dominant guys at the start and bring them in later? It's hard to comprehend what happened.

You probably don't need to use any trades this week. But you've got Clohesy and Breville, Garcia and Freijah with cash to upgrade.

I'd cull Clohesy to Schoenmaker and then you've got option to grab a 23rd premo from say Reville (and loop) or upgrade guys like Moore and Salem.

Far out team complete before trades this week. No Zorko, Gawn and Martin look the main misses and midfield maybe missing some absolute top 8 guys

Did you miss some dominant guys at the start and bring them in later? It's hard to comprehend what happened.

You probably don't need to use any trades this week. But you've got Clohesy and Breville, Garcia and Freijah with cash to upgrade.

I'd cull Clohesy to Schoenmaker and then you've got option to grab a 23rd premo from say Reville (and loop) or upgrade guys like Moore and Salem.
Trading Bont out a while back has been my biggest mistake as he has been killing it in the last month
Clohesy will likely go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having a look at the top 1% teams, after trades this week I will have all the top 24 players excluding Luke Ryan (22nd most common player)

Fair to say I’m pretty vanilla amongst those rankings. This made me start to rethink my trades this week (Zerrett) who’s now in 72% of side with 26% of coaches adding him this week. Came across something stating his run home and potential taggers. He had Michalaney (unsure if he has been actually tagging that much), Windhagen (seems a certainty) Young (decent potential) Jordan (seems likely) and Berry (has been playing negative roles the past two weeks for us)
Looking at that, there enough concern to worry about him dropping closer to 100 than 110 avg his been having for the remainder of the season.

Problem is finding a decent replacement who had the bye already

Having a look at the top 1% teams, after trades this week I will have all the top 24 players excluding Luke Ryan (22nd most common player)

Fair to say I’m pretty vanilla amongst those rankings. This made me start to rethink my trades this week (Zerrett) who’s now in 72% of side with 26% of coaches adding him this week. Came across something stating his run home and potential taggers. He had Michalaney (unsure if he has been actually tagging that much), Windhagen (seems a certainty) Young (decent potential) Jordan (seems likely) and Berry (has been playing negative roles the past two weeks for us)
Looking at that, there enough concern to worry about him dropping closer to 100 than 110 avg his been having for the remainder of the season.

Problem is finding a decent replacement who had the bye already

I'm in a similar boat to you. Relatively 'complete' post trades this week, the most 'unique' premiums of my 23 I have in terms of ownership is Clark (13%), Holmes (11%), Marshall (12%), Oliver (18%) and Powell (19%). After that it's Luke Ryan @28% & everyone else around 35% or higher. Teams seem relatively similar, and relatively complete.

But differentiation is hard given how the points are being scored this year & where the risk is.

Like, who are the clear best 22 guys that we probably need to have - and if we don't, we'll likely fall behind. I reckon it's

-----------
Defenders: 1. Daicos (104), 2. Ryan (110), 3. Sheezel (113),
Midfielders: 1. Gulden (110), 2-5: Walsh (110), Serong (110), Merrett (109), Bont (107),
Ruck: 1. Gawn (121), 2. Marshall (111)
Forwards: 1. Flanders (114), 2. Heeney (113), 3. Zorko (113) (for now) 4-5 Fisher (86), 5. Sexton (90)

Maybe you can take on Marshall. Or the mids, but if you take the all on you'll be burnt over the sample. And you can't take those forwards on.

Which leaves the question of who the other 3 defenders, 3 mids and forwards are? And how to differentiate?

Defence:
Great chance of being 4-6 or thereabouts: 4. Young (101), 5. Clark (101), 6. Martin (109), 7. Whitfield (102), 8. Holmes (99), 9. Sinclair (97)

Outside chances: NWM (98), Houston (97), Newman (95), Duggan (96), Dale (96),

Differentiators: Richards (82), Sicily (85), Crisp (89), Salem (82)

Midfield:
Great chance of being 6-8 or thereabouts: Treloar (109), Taranto (101), Dawson (107), Dunkley (107), Green (93)

Outside chances: Butters (101), Brayshaw (99), Anderson (105), Steele (103), Parish on return (91)

Differentiators: Clarry (84), Day (84), Laird (99), Warner (100), Kelly (99), LDU (96), Rowell (98), McCluggage (99), Viney (91), Touk (93), Rozee (91)

Rucks - differentiators:
3-5. Grundy (104), English (105), Xerri (105)

Forwards:
Okay chance of being #6 (or 4-5 if Sexton/Fisher lose it): Caldwell (87), Daniher (89), Baker (87), Moore (84), Rankine (84), Jackson (85), Miers (85),

Smokies/Differentiators: ANB (78), Cameron (83), Curnow (77), Macrae (75), Greene (71), Pickett (68), Adams (73), Simpkin (66), Boak (77)
---------------------

That's what I'm battling with now. I've got excess trades. My team is complete - just once I figure out F6 with Powell being a nonce. Only really Steele, Clarry & maybe Green do I think might need a change. But who's a differentiator worth investing in? They all suck too. I think I'll keep Holmes for that reason.

Regarding Merrett - unless you're super short on trades, I'd still do it. There aren't many mids we can be confident in right now. He's got West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood the next three. That's a bloody secure scoring run even if WCE tag. By then we'll have a picture of whether Melbourne will begin tagging with ANB or Adelaide keep doing it and can jump off in a month maybe, seeing the home stretch run.

Not going him has the potential to lose bulk ground. Going him worst case probably gets 100s for a month with the replacement going 105-110.

Only bloke not on a bye this week I'd feel remotely comfortable taking in his place is Viney as a differentiator, but i don't love it. Maybe Anderson or Brayshaw but they feel odd - Warner/LDU/Kelly/Rowell/Clugg/Touk are bad energies, Butters no good atm, Rozee need another week to look at.

Can you even go a defender via DPP that you're more comfortable with?

I'm in a similar boat to you. Relatively 'complete' post trades this week, the most 'unique' premiums of my 23 I have in terms of ownership is Clark (13%), Holmes (11%), Marshall (12%), Oliver (18%) and Powell (19%). After that it's Luke Ryan @28% & everyone else around 35% or higher. Teams seem relatively similar, and relatively complete.

But differentiation is hard given how the points are being scored this year & where the risk is.

Like, who are the clear best 22 guys that we probably need to have - and if we don't, we'll likely fall behind. I reckon it's

-----------
Defenders: 1. Daicos (104), 2. Ryan (110), 3. Sheezel (113),
Midfielders: 1. Gulden (110), 2-5: Walsh (110), Serong (110), Merrett (109), Bont (107),
Ruck: 1. Gawn (121), 2. Marshall (111)
Forwards: 1. Flanders (114), 2. Heeney (113), 3. Zorko (113) (for now) 4-5 Fisher (86), 5. Sexton (90)

Maybe you can take on Marshall. Or the mids, but if you take the all on you'll be burnt over the sample. And you can't take those forwards on.

Which leaves the question of who the other 3 defenders, 3 mids and forwards are? And how to differentiate?

Defence:
Great chance of being 4-6 or thereabouts: 4. Young (101), 5. Clark (101), 6. Martin (109), 7. Whitfield (102), 8. Holmes (99), 9. Sinclair (97)

Outside chances: NWM (98), Houston (97), Newman (95), Duggan (96), Dale (96),

Differentiators: Richards (82), Sicily (85), Crisp (89), Salem (82)

Midfield:
Great chance of being 6-8 or thereabouts: Treloar (109), Taranto (101), Dawson (107), Dunkley (107), Green (93)

Outside chances: Butters (101), Brayshaw (99), Anderson (105), Steele (103), Parish on return (91)

Differentiators: Clarry (84), Day (84), Laird (99), Warner (100), Kelly (99), LDU (96), Rowell (98), McCluggage (99), Viney (91), Touk (93), Rozee (91)

Rucks - differentiators:
3-5. Grundy (104), English (105), Xerri (105)

Forwards:
Okay chance of being #6 (or 4-5 if Sexton/Fisher lose it): Caldwell (87), Daniher (89), Baker (87), Moore (84), Rankine (84), Jackson (85), Miers (85),

Smokies/Differentiators: ANB (78), Cameron (83), Curnow (77), Macrae (75), Greene (71), Pickett (68), Adams (73), Simpkin (66), Boak (77)
---------------------

That's what I'm battling with now. I've got excess trades. My team is complete - just once I figure out F6 with Powell being a nonce. Only really Steele, Clarry & maybe Green do I think might need a change. But who's a differentiator worth investing in? They all suck too. I think I'll keep Holmes for that reason.

Regarding Merrett - unless you're super short on trades, I'd still do it. There aren't many mids we can be confident in right now. He's got West Coast, Geelong and Collingwood the next three. That's a bloody secure scoring run even if WCE tag. By then we'll have a picture of whether Melbourne will begin tagging with ANB or Adelaide keep doing it and can jump off in a month maybe, seeing the home stretch run.

Not going him has the potential to lose bulk ground. Going him worst case probably gets 100s for a month with the replacement going 105-110.

Only bloke not on a bye this week I'd feel remotely comfortable taking in his place is Viney as a differentiator, but i don't love it. Maybe Anderson or Brayshaw but they feel odd - Warner/LDU/Kelly/Rowell/Clugg/Touk are bad energies, Butters no good atm, Rozee need another week to look at.

Can you even go a defender via DPP that you're more comfortable with?
Agree with you on the best players. I don’t have Ryan as I stated, getting him is points chasing at his current price, and would feel like the horse has bolted for those big scores already been scored. Zerrett I’m up in the air with and I have Xerri Instead of Marshall (who well on my radar for next week to make my team more unique.

Happy with my Defense : Daicos, Martin, Sheezel, Sinclair, Whitfield, Young with Salem floating.

Midfield Gulden, Walsh, Serong, Bont, Dawson, Steele, Green and Zerrett(maybe??)
Green is the one I want to move away from, as I think that has the most upside if I can get him to a Treloar/Dunkley/Laird type.

Gawn / Xerri, Xerri probably concedes 5 points, maybe more if Marshall hit his strap like last year. Seriously considering next week, as he’s pretty unique as well.

Forwards, Heeney, Zorko, Flanders, Fisher, Sexton and trading in Caldwell this week. Potentially thinking of getting an additional smoky like Baker, Cameron to simply loophole every week with Caldwell. Those remaining player have shown they can throw up a 50, by looping every week potentially miss out on those type of scores.

Treloar is the one that is super unique and interest me considerably, it’s a shame he’s on his bye, big contributing factor why I think he is still so unique though.

Looking at that GC team I'm very worried about Sexton either going forward (Walter, King, Holman out, Day, Rogers? confirmed in), being omitted (Powell back, six defenders named, Ballard on bench) or being sub.

Only way 'in' to the role is if they go for 2 defensive options on the bench and run an 8 man rotation or one of Jeffrey/Flanders role changes. As Ballard isn't going to be omitted.

Hard though given the BE and best 18 he's probably a hold over someone like Powell if I go down that path, but I reckon we might be losing our F5.

Simpkin feels so tempting but ugh

Looking at that GC team I'm very worried about Sexton either going forward (Walter, King, Holman out, Day, Rogers? confirmed in), being omitted (Powell back, six defenders named, Ballard on bench) or being sub.

Only way 'in' to the role is if they go for 2 defensive options on the bench and run an 8 man rotation or one of Jeffrey/Flanders role changes. As Ballard isn't going to be omitted.

Hard though given the BE and best 18 he's probably a hold over someone like Powell if I go down that path, but I reckon we might be losing our F5.

Simpkin feels so tempting but ugh
Who was in team first out of Sexton and Jeffrey? Think he's been better than Jeffrey so fingers crossed.

Who was in team first out of Sexton and Jeffrey? Think he's been better than Jeffrey so fingers crossed.

Jeffrey's named on field, and younger. A better ball user too. Sexton finds it more, but with Flanders there and now Powell back, + Andrew/Uwland solid ball users, Sexton's accumulation may not be a benefit.

Not sure, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But still, gonna make a bit of a pivot in trades I reckon

Macrae, Powell, Steele out. Macrae/Powell not it, going to drop cash. Steele not best 22 and will lose cash.

Merrett, Simpkin, Caldwell in.

Leaves me with 7 'premium' forwards, 10 trades left and not much cash banked, but happy to take the risk given how uncertain we are on the midfielders we want. And means if Sexton is stinky like I suspect, I can pivot him and not need to bring a fwd in for him. Plus means my 23rd man is a forward whereas before it was (Gulden, Walsh, Serong, Merrett, Green, Holmes, Daicos, Steele, then Oliver M9).

Was originally going Freijah/Sullivan to Dowling as the cash generating trade as opposed to Steele out for whichever of Simpkin/Caldwell I didn't go for in the first trade.

Means I can go Dowling as a downgrade next week and Arie the week after if they hold on too.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL RDT 2024 AFL DT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back