No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see a coach getting sacked this season. There just isn't the experienced former senior coach or current coach out of contract out there other than Buckley that would normally trigger clubs into sacking coaches early.

Simpson and the Eagles might come to an agreement a year early but I think Simpson is doing the hard part of the rebuild so whoever gets the job next isn't sacked from day 1.

Agree Nicks is an interesting watch over the next 18 months.

Yep agree re this year

Next coach to go is interesting market - can't be stuffed checking contracts

Nicks- just signed but Adelaide have $ they will happily piss him off - think he is a chance

Fagan- due to age I reckon he needs to do something this year or next otherwise gone

Voss- seems as safe as a Carlton coach can be

Mcrae- safe

B Scott- i'd bet good money they cut him by mid next season

Longmuir- got that odd extension to end of next year - will probably be gone then

Kingsley - safe

Hardwick - will get his 5 surely

C Scott- will get to go on his terms

Mitchell- I can see them being patient for a year or two more then ditching him like 2027

Goodwin- might scandal himself out but otherwise pretty safe

Clarkson- he will get sick of it before north get sick of him is my guess and walk away before he destroys his record

Hinkley- Think they have given him tenure will tread water for 2 more at least

Yze- too early to tell , surely given time

Lyon- won't ever coach a flag but has the footy world fooled for at least 3 more

Longmire- Will walk when he is ready

Simpson- presume just waiting for it to end? so chance to go then

Beverage - should already be gone so who knows

I think Nicks is my sneaky bet /guess or B Scott for sacked coaches .

Longmire might quit before they go
Other than a scandal (Goodwin or Beveridge) I don't reckon there'll be a coach sacking during this year. Freo looking better so Longmuir might survive. Nicks looks the poorest coach but the club has extended him.
They might even all start next season.

Other than a scandal (Goodwin or Beveridge) I don't reckon there'll be a coach sacking during this year. Freo looking better so Longmuir might survive. Nicks looks the poorest coach but the club has extended him.
They might even all start next season.

Geez, that's harsh. Last year everyone was feting him. Said the Crows were a team on the up. Each year Nicks had coached them to a higher placed finish. We're 4 games into this season and suddenly he's the worst coach in the league!?

Geez, that's harsh. Last year everyone was feting him. Said the Crows were a team on the up. Each year Nicks had coached them to a higher placed finish. We're 4 games into this season and suddenly he's the worst coach in the league!?
I don't think he's the worst, but after a month of footy, Adelaide is certainly the most disappointing

Geea, that is reaching a long way back...

I was just seeing how quickly Bedford would respond if he thought both Papley and a Victorian were being teased

You'd have to say the Crows are way underperforming against expectations. Obviously it isn't all coaching but he has to own his share.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is coaching one of the clubs most likely to sack a coach quick

What will the headline be if Reid asks to go home 😂
BETRAYED

How Could You Betrayal GIF by Kinda Funny

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back