Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 14: Brisbane Lions v St Kilda Saints, Friday 14th of June 7:40pm AEST, Gabba, Brisbane, Yugerra, Toorabul

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting Windhager to put the hard tag on Lachie Neale.

I expect Brisbane to then send Berry to Windhager to try and break the tag, with us then sending Seb Ross to do the job on Berry.

Then Brisbane will send another midfielder to Seb Ross, and we'll send someone to them.

This will continue until the both teams are chasing around Neale, Windhager and the footy all around the ground Auskick style.

If Hammer can be turned into a Liam Jones type then Battle is superfluous to needs ;)

I don't think that is right. Plenty of clubs have multiple intercept defenders and both Battle and Caminti are mobile enough that they dont really make you top heavy. I reckon the can play in the same backline.

But as you hint at, could be good insurance.

I'm expecting Windhager to put the hard tag on Lachie Neale.

I expect Brisbane to then send Berry to Windhager to try and break the tag, with us then sending Seb Ross to do the job on Berry.

Then Brisbane will send another midfielder to Seb Ross, and we'll send someone to them.

This will continue until the both teams are chasing around Neale, Windhager and the footy all around the ground Auskick style.
Should bring in a "tethering rule" so taggers must be lassoed to their tag at all times. Get a 36 man conga line going.

Should bring in a "tethering rule" so taggers must be lassoed to their tag at all times. Get a 36 man conga line going.
Can just imagine every StKilda player in the conga getting done for holding the ball whilst every Brisbane players gets a free for in the back. 36-0 free kicks just like that! (Then the industry has a whinge that Maxi gets a cheap one whilst Hill is on the bench getting a concussion check for holding the ball when “tackled” by a knee to the head).

Fun times.

Would you be surprised to see them trying to put the tag/scrag on our no. 44 ?

I noticed Wilkie picking up steam this year (finally) these last few games.

I remember the final last year. Hardly a mark in the first half.

And look at what has happened to Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beaut weather for a trip to brissy!

Keen to tick off another stadium.

I'm 1-4 at interstate/international games looking at making it 1-5! Hopefully the boys can pull one out of somewhere and make it a memorable weekend.
It's going to be 21C every day from now thru Sunday A2R.

Bring it on I say.

I'm keen to also tick off the Gabba.

For you or anyone else heading up to the game.....there's no official pre game function.

We were told that the venue for Saints fans wanting a drink or 4 pre game is the Aussie National pub....just over the road from the ground.

Myself and a few of the troops who are also heading up for the game are going to hold our own pre game function.

Giddy up !!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)

It's going to be 21C every day from now thru Sunday A2R.

Bring it on I say.

I'm keen to also tick off the Gabba.

For you or anyone else heading up to the game.....there's no official pre game function.

We were told that the venue for Saints fans wanting a drink or 4 pre game is the Aussie National pub....just over the road from the ground.

Myself and a few of the troops who are also heading up for the game are going to hold our own pre game function.

Giddy up !!!!!!!

;) ;) ;)
XXXX the only choice?

What are peoples thoughts on trying Caminiti down back?

Maybe not for this game but as a future option
I thought this was the play in the preseason but it was Keeler instead. He may mature into it but his game is pretty chaotic at this age for defence.

One player who got a couple of touches in defence last week was Owens (assuming during his stint in the midfield). I know he is considered our next gun mid/fwd but I can see him being a very, very good defender in the Battle mould.

XXXX the only choice?
One suspects that would to be the case EM.

My best mate will probably make an appearance.......his name is Johhnie Walker Red.

A couple of cheeky Shiraz's may also get a guernsey.

Who really knows ?????

Time will tell.

;) ;)

I have a gut feeling Schoenmakers won't play this year. Just feel like Ross doesn't rate him. Guaranteed it'll be Cordy.
It should be Cordy regardless whether Ross rates Schoenmaker or not.

We are replacing a full back, who should be matching up on Daniher. Cordy is the best option at Sandy for that role.

I have a gut feeling Schoenmakers won't play this year. Just feel like Ross doesn't rate him. Guaranteed it'll be Cordy.

He’s not a KP. Battle is probably his competition for a third tall defender. I reckon AS is probably the most advanced kid we’ve had in ages and on track to be a gun. Just no spot for him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back