Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 14: Brisbane Lions v St Kilda Saints, Friday 14th of June 7:40pm AEST, Gabba, Brisbane, Yugerra, Toorabul

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what I'm saying seriously.

It was a half baked ramble based on the knowledge we probably don't win too many more games so lets try and get a good pick but somehow still get something enjoyment wise from the season.

I definitely prefer your ideal world.
Nah I get it. We'd all like to have our cake and eat it too. Play well, but get good draft picks.

I have a gut feeling Schoenmakers won't play this year. Just feel like Ross doesn't rate him. Guaranteed it'll be Cordy.
I don’t think it’s a case of not rating him. Anyone who’s watched Sandringham play would say Arie can find plenty of the footy and has an elite weapon in his left peg, but he’s got a lot of work to do on his defensive game. Not sure Brisbane in Brisbane is the game to get him in.

Remember though, choosing to not enjoy watching us win, or choosing to be grumpy about it won't affect the Battle compensation. So if we do win, you might as well take pleasure from it.
Plenty of other games we can lose and still be seen as pitiable.
And I think destroying Friday and Saturday night footy a few times already this year has probably sufficiently got the AFL's attention already. Even if it was all Hardwick's fault last weekend.

I honestly had no more joy from winning last week than losing. Somehow I still felt like we'd lost it. I'd rather go down in a shootout that that slow bleed out stuff we put on.

RTB must be listening to me!

On another topic, I'm keen to start a new group called "meet thy maker"
Schoenmaker that is. RTB get him into the team somehow. Last week one of his kickouts reached the wing, and he can pass the ball 50m without issue. He has to get a run before the end of the season. Surely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it’s a case of not rating him. Anyone who’s watched Sandringham play would say Arie can find plenty of the footy and has an elite weapon in his left peg, but he’s got a lot of work to do on his defensive game. Not sure Brisbane in Brisbane is the game to get him in.
Why not debut him in a game we have very little chance of winning anyway?

In: Schooner, Crouch, Sharman
Out: Howard, Ross, Membrey

Wilson moved to sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd like to see those changes, but swap Crouch with Hugo and Wilson (with his endurance) should never be sub.

It will be a brave coach not to play Cordy though, so maybe, just maybe we also see Cordy for Bonner?

These were my thoughts earlier in the day, obviously Arie in means one of these changes it at least correct.

He’s not a KP. Battle is probably his competition for a third tall defender. I reckon AS is probably the most advanced kid we’ve had in ages and on track to be a gun. Just no spot for him yet.
See I think Riley is his biggest competition for a spot.

With Sinclair going back there again, it allows Arie to take Riley's spot as a designated kicker and takes pressure off Arie who isn't yet good enough overhead or one v one to take Battles spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back