Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

angry jimmy GIF by South Park

I had a look at Sandringham's stats playing away at DSV stadium against Williamstown.
By most measures, Sandy should have won that match:

Disposals 340 to Zebs 344,
Inside 50's 54 to Zebs 53,
Hit outs 20 to Zebs 58,
Clearances 29 to Zebs 39,
Marks 74 to Zebs 86,
Tackles 59 to Zebs 63,
Free Kicks 17 to Zebs 25

Yet they lost 12 11 83 to Zebs 9 9 63

Something is going wrong when you are winning by all metrics on the ground but losing on the scoreboard

There is some evidence of a similar problem with the senior side

Enough of that though, I looked at these stats when looking to find who might be considered for promotion

Seb Ross produced the best performance (21 disposals, 5 clearances, 2 marks, 14 tackles and a goal for 128 Fantasy points)
but we all know what Seb brings to our squad and I am more interested in seeing some new faces and what they might offer.

Matthew Allen is a key forward (19 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles 5 goals 2 points for 111 Fantasy points)
Max Heath is a ruck/forward (15 disposals, 3 clearances, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 goals 1 point for 101 Fantasy points)
Angus Hastie is a midfielder (22 disposals, 8 marks, 4 tackles for 101 Fantasy points)
Oli Hotton is a midfielder (26 disposals, 5 clearances, 5 marks, 2 tackles for 83 Fantasy points)
Isaac Keeler is a key defender (16 disposals, 1 clearance, 8 marks, 1 tackle for 71 Fantasy points)

IN: Liam Stocker, Bradley Hill, Hugo Garcia

OUT: Mattaes Phillipou (Injured), Ben Paton(Omitted), Arie Schoenmaker (Omitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Garcia back but disappointing to see Schoenmaker dropped, I thought he had shown enough to stay in the team.

Surely it would make more sense to get games into a younger player like Schoenmaker than Bonner in the position we are in.

Thinking about this game puts me in a coma.

It's like having to kiss your aunt with the moustache at a family gathering. You know the one.... she plants it right on the lips. Walking up to her as she's smiling with those yellow teeth is how I feel getting closer to this game

yuuuck
That's why you should grow your own facial hair. You need a buffer against that kind of horror.

IN: Liam Stocker, Bradley Hill, Hugo Garcia

OUT: Mattaes Phillipou (Injured), Ben Paton(Omitted), Arie Schoenmaker (Omitted)

If they play Garcia as the sub I'll spew!!

On a side note - wet and very windy at Sandy on Saturday against a top 4 team so if Allison gets more than one kick he should be straight into the Seniors next week.

I think ‘The Shoe’ has been given the boot as a matter of routine and justified by some mistakes in the rain.

I think ‘The Shoe’ has been given the boot as a matter of routine and justified by some mistakes in the rain.

Also probably justified in that Bonner at least gets to contest to be used whereas at the moment Arie is more stop and prop so against Eagles who have primary smalls around the HFF, it makes sense to be more mobile. They likely feel Arie might be a step or two behind in general play sort of instances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 19: St.Kilda vs WCE, Sat 20th of July 1:45pm AEST, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back