F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricciardo needs all the good results he can get over the next 2 weeks with rumours swirling that Lawson is about to replace him. Again being out qualified by his tm8 hurts a lot.
Don't think the results matter either way. Once perez resigned the need for Danny ric went away.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

Don't think the results matter either way. Once perez resigned the need for Danny ric went away.

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk
Agreed. The team has always wanted Lawson in the car for 2025, and with Perez re-signed that meant that Tsunoda or Ricciardo had to go. Tsunoda is tied to Honda, who will continue to supply the Red Bull engines in 2025, so it was no surprise when he was re-signed. That leaves Ricciardo without a seat in 2025.

The only question is how quickly they move to put Lawson in the car in 2024? It's likely that this will be Ricciardo's penultimate F1 Grand Prix.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ricciardo needs all the good results he can get over the next 2 weeks with rumours swirling that Lawson is about to replace him. Again being out qualified by his tm8 hurts a lot.
It hurts, but it makes no difference in the grand scheme of things now. Danny's fate has already been decided. Nothing short of a miracle (e.g. 2 consecutive podium finishes) can save him now.

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

that commentator is absolute dog shit. Don't say a driver is safe (Ricciardo) only for them to get knocked out 30 seconds later.

that commentator is absolute dog shit. Don't say a driver is safe (Ricciardo) only for them to get knocked out 30 seconds later.
He also seems to have little idea about how long it takes to do an outlap. Think there was about a minute or so on the clock and he was talking about a driver who had just crossed the line having one more go.

Also I think last night showed a bit of a hole in the sprint quali format, particularly in Q3 when you had a whole bunch of nothing, and then everyone rushed out at the end. I'd like to see them try Q3 be a one shot qualifying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators banging on about Lando’s heroic move - he dived down the inside and drove Max off the road because he missed the apex completely.

So Max returned the favour at the next turn, which opened the door for Oscar.

It was anything but a “great move”. They were also actively cheering for “team orders”/no squabbling while Lando was ahead of Oscar. When do commentators ever want that?

Why are we getting these pleb B grade commentators recently?

Last edited:
Thought Norris would’ve gone past him by now. Oscar is doing really well considering Norris has the DRS.

Oscar has been managing his rears. He would have been told to put his foot down now.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back