F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

dont think anyone would've tipped Le Clerc to start from pole position. But with that said, Max's times are looking pretty ominious

Ricciardo screwed again. Why would VCARB send him out on a single push lap and have him in the pits when everyone else is out and on an improving track? He had the pace for Q3. Just dumb dumb dumb as usual from this team.

Seriously, for the race VCARB should just sit back and STFU. Let Daniel choose his strategy and when to box. Better than being constantly sabotaged by these incompetent morons.

Pity Daddies money can't buy Lance any talent
I mean he just beat a 2 time world champion in the same car in the last 3 races, but hey why use facts when you can throw random shade at someone because of inadequacy.

My thoughts on qualifying...
  • The Red Bull upgrades have worked a treat, particularly in the damp conditions they had for qualifying. If Checo is anywhere near the front then you know they have regained their car superiority.
  • Lando really struggled to set a decent time in any of the qualifying sessions.
  • Piastri was quick in Q1 and Q2, but had a horrible Q3. McLaren's decision not to pit him for fresh tyres for the happy lap at the end meant he was unable to defend his position when drivers like LeClerc upped the ante. By this stage he was struggling to keep it on the island, regularly putting tyres into the gravel as he pushed too hard on the old rubber.
  • Ricciardo did a great job, only to miss Q3 as a result of yet more sabotage by the VCARB pit wall.
  • Yuki was surprisingly decent, given that he had nothing to race for. Having a wet qualifying, ahead of a (predicted) dry race, rendered my comments about tyre management and optimising race setup completely moot.

It will be very interesting to see how much difference the wet/dry conditions make to the relative performance of the cars tonight. All of the cars will be quicker in the dry, that goes without saying. LeClerc and the Mercedes were much faster than the McLarens in Q3 (though Piastri had them covered in Q1 and Q2) - will the McLarens be faster on a dry track?

Then there's Checo... Can he maintain the pace he showed in the wet? Will he find a way to sabotage his own race, having finally avoided ****ing up qualifying for a change?

Last edited:
My thoughts on qualifying...
  • The Red Bull upgrades have worked a treat, particularly in the damp conditions they had for qualifying. If Checo is anywhere near the front then you know they have regained their car superiority.
  • Lando really struggled to set a decent time in any of the qualifying sessions.
  • Piastri was quick in Q1 and Q2, but had a horrible Q3. McLaren's decision not to pit him for fresh tyres for the happy lap at the end meant he was unable to defend his position when drivers like LeClerc upped the ante. By this stage he was struggling to keep it on the island, regularly putting tyres into the gravel as he pushed too hard on the old rubber.
  • Ricciardo did a great job, only to miss Q3 as a result of yet more sabotage by the VCARB pit wall.
  • Yuki was surprisingly decent, given that he had nothing to race for. Having a wet qualifying, ahead of a (predicted) dry race, rendered my comments about tyre management and optimising race setup completely moot.

It will be very interesting to see how much difference the wet/dry conditions make to the relative performance of the cars tonight. All of the cars will be quicker in the dry, that goes without saying. LeClerc and the Mercedes were much faster than the McLarens in Q3 (though Piastri had them covered in Q1 and Q2) - will the McLarens be faster on a dry track?

Then there's Checo... Can he maintain the pace he showed in the wet? Will he find a way to sabotage his own race, having finally avoided ****ing up qualifying for a change?
Interestingly McLaren (both drivers and Andrea Stella) are very confident for the race.

Seems like they set up their car for dry conditions, knowing they'd take a hit in qualifying, but be stronger than others in the race.

Interestingly McLaren (both drivers and Andrea Stella) are very confident for the race.

Seems like they set up their car for dry conditions, knowing they'd take a hit in qualifying, but be stronger than others in the race.
seemed to me that neither was handling the wet as well as the other 3 main chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If McLaren had their time again I think they do a used inter run first up in Q3 then put on the new inters for the final run.
Ah, knew there must have been a reason for a poor q3 comparatively to the first 2 sessions, 3 teams ahead of them.

Has also put Oscar on the inside line for that first corner again, pretty sure that's the one where his race was ruined last year. Let's see if he learnt from that experience.

Ah, knew there must have been a reason for a poor q3 comparatively to the first 2 sessions, 3 teams ahead of them.

Has also put Oscar on the inside line for that first corner again, pretty sure that's the one where his race was ruined last year. Let's see if he learnt from that experience.
Won't want to cut down like last time.

wrkcj3rij7fd1.jpeg

Seeing fewer and fewer straight forward 1 stop races, and i'm here for it.
Agree - until we get to the point where track position is less important than fresh rubber, the more ways we can artificially introduce some sort of strategy the better.

(Sadly, I don't think we will ever be in that position again - following close is just too hard)

Agree - until we get to the point where track position is less important than fresh rubber, the more ways we can artificially introduce some sort of strategy the better.

(Sadly, I don't think we will ever be in that position again - following close is just too hard)
Bring back refuelling.

Alright, let’s do this.

I’d be really surprised if Max wins. Getting past 10 cars, including the 2 McLarens.

Think Perez is a sneaky chance here.
If Perez is any chance of resurrecting his stalling career he will win this.
Absolutely no excuses today. He has the car to do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back