Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Umps probably can't be ****ed voting on the Brownlow.

Run 15km for a game, just wanna hit the showers and get home to the missus. Gotta get to the office tomorrow if it's a Thursday night game. Who's a player that comes to mind? Chuck 3 votes on P. Cripps/C. Judd.

Why are you talking to Sam Walsh? Cripps won the award and did his speech. That's it. It's over. Why do we need more interviews? It's about the Brownlow medalist. He had his speech. Go home.

Is it embarrassing or laughable that a player can get that many Brownlow votes

It's the result of an incompetent footy media that worships statistics, and in particular statistics for midfielders. And mostly only star midfielders. So the umpires hear all that, absorb all that, and shock horror, only award votes to ..........star midfielders that are rammed down our throat 24/7 regardless of form or results.

If you doubt this, look at how many votes were needed only 15-20 years ago. It was half as many.

EDIT: I should point out, this is nothing against Cripps. I think either he or Bontempelli were the best players this year. So it's not him winning that is a problem, and it's obviously not his fault.

Last edited:
Why are you talking to Sam Walsh? Cripps won the award and did his speech. That's it. It's over. Why do we need more interviews? It's about the Brownlow medalist. He had his speech. Go home.

If Hamish McLachlan is front & center all night of your big event, that tells me all I need to know about what the night represents…

****ing flog kingdom. Hamish can GAGF

The awards a sham.

Andrew Dillons wife said in the Red Carpet that she liked Bontempelli but had heard he wasn’t in the running.

Why would she say that based on his year unless Andrew Dillon had counted the votes.

Secure votes my ass.
Yeah I saw that too. I don't think the award is a sham but I do think it is not at all secure or unknown before it begins. It'll be interesting to see if her comment gets any follow up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a very consistent season …why he scored so high

He’s had his best season, I said that before tonight irrespective of how he polled.

The Brownlow is an inexact with the 3-2-1 system and only midfielders polling heavily.

I do have a theory as to why midfielders poll heavier now than ever before, one is because umpires look at stats, but when footy was more a one on one game and less zones etc it allowed for more influential players from different positions and roles. Now the only ones who can have a massive eye catching impact are midfielders really.

The voting system is flawed.

Midfielders can get 3 votes for a dime a dozen 35 touch game.

Forwards genuinely need 8 goals to get BOG.
They (forwards) still probably wouldn’t get BOG because the midfielders provide the silver service.

It's the result of an incompetent footy media that worships statistics, and in particular statistics for midfielders. And mostly only star midfielders. So the umpires hear all that, absorb all that, and shock horror, only award votes to ..........star midfielders that are rammed down our throat 24/7 regardless of form or results.

If you doubt this, look at how many votes were needed only 15-20 years ago. It was half as many.

Ben Cousins 20 votes won it. I remember being in awe when Judd got 30.

Cripps had a ripper season & is a deserved Brownlow winner - however not a chance he deserved 40 ****ing 5 votes. Him getting 45 has not inspired the same awe in me as Judd getting 30.
Dusty 36 in 2017 was the GOAT season and Cripps would be the first to admit he was not 9 votes better

It shows the umpires are likely somewhat influenced by the media.
This is the key right here and why we’re getting these ridiculous vote tallies.

You can’t tell me umps aren’t getting together end of the game and not checking stats etc then subconsciously taking in media bias

People saying it’s a record that won’t get broken well it seems every new year or 2 it is.

The system is clearly now broken and as others have stated the coaches award definitely carries the most weight these days

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back