Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

'People are dumb because they don't agree with you....'

We have already discussed this, many times.

Martin was absolutely fantastic when he was in his prime, his team was in it's prime, against opposition whose strength is questionable (they popped up for one or two finals series at a time, as opposed to regular premiership contenders).

I've previously done an assessment of GAJ's finals performances between 2007 and 2010, compared to those of Martin between 2017 and 2020, and whether you guys like to hear it or not, there is a bee's dick in it.

The difference being, GAJ did it against much stronger teams and also performed when his team wasn't the clear strongest team in it - 2008 Grand Final and 2010 Preliminary Finals being two prime examples.

There have been plenty of finals outside of 2017, 2019 and 2020 where Martin failed to fire at anywhere near the same levels - are we to just completely ignore those performances?

There is a bees dick in it (according to you) despite being 3 norm smiths and at least 1+ finals MVP short. Get help.

But anyway thanks for admitting Dusty is better in finals. Idk why you’d still choose GAJ in finals then, sounds insane.

Last edited:
But anyway thanks for admitting Dusty is better in finals. Idk why you’d still choose GAJ in finals then, sounds insane.
I said there was a bee's dick between Martin's 2017 to 2020 finals performances and GAJ's 2007 to 2010 finals performances, though GAJ did it in stronger teams, against stronger opposition, and in games where his team wasn't the dominant team.

I then went on to reference Martin's less impressive finals performances outside of that period.

If you want to take that the way you did, good on you...

So again.... GAJ for me ahead of Martin every day of the week, in any game at any time.

I said there was a bee's dick between Martin's 2017 to 2020 finals performances and GAJ's 2007 to 2010 finals performances, though GAJ did it in stronger teams, against stronger opposition, and in games where his team wasn't the dominant team.

I then went on to reference Martin's less impressive finals performances outside of that period.

So again.... GAJ for me ahead of Martin every day of the week, in any game at any time.
How many Brownlow votes per game did those guys average?

I'm taking Daics before either of them

So at the same age, they were pretty much the same statistically, with Jnr considered by some the best mid they have seen, and yet Martin's finals record beats Ablett's. What you believe to be a definitive, it really isn't.
Martin had a one off year - his only year that he performed as the best player in the competition across the full season - and that year was similar to a rare year in which GAJ win neither the Brownlow, Coaches Award, or Players MVP...

That was the point being made.

GAJ didn’t even kick more than 2 goals in a final (and goalless in the whole 2010 finals series) in that 07-10 period meanwhile Dusty kicks a bag of 6 and bags of 4s still having disposals in the mid 20s.

And this opposition talk is nonsense GAJ played against 07 port in the GF and only managed 19 and 1. The NS was there for the taking and he wasn’t good enough.

GAJ didn’t even kick more than 2 goals in a final in that 07-10 period meanwhile Dusty kicks a bag of 6 and bags of 4s still having disposals in the mid 20s.

And this opposition talk is nonsense GAJ played against 07 port and only managed 19 and 1.
Crippa polling 45 votes has really pissed you off hey?

I actually rate Martin's Finals series in 2019 very highly - 12 goals from 3 games. Averaged 19.3 possessions and 4 goals per game.

As a Carlton (or even Pies supporter Fadge to a certain extent) I can see why the grind of the home and away season is so important to you, as opposed to finals.

And yet Finals football, despite the short window/timeframe which is one month... is when it truly matters most. Home & Away football is when a Premiership is set up for a team to win, however Finals football is when a team wins Premierships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back