Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What about the last 3 years ?
Are you avoiding 2022 for any particular reason ?
If you are really that desperate that you need to include Daicos' rookie season in an effort to argue Cripps is a better footballer than him, go for your life...

Last edited:
Astounding the 2024 Brownlow Medal thread has turn into yet another Martin appreciation thread by the Martin fanbois, in a year the man himself - where he was poised to leap ahead of other greats of the game for total Brownlow votes - polled a solitary vote...

Martin > Collingwood. Ouch.

How would that be?

Richmond are just lucky other teams knocked Collingwood out of the finals in their 2019/20 premiership years, otherwise we all know the season outcomes would have been very different...

Probably more of a negative reflection on Collingwood for being knocked out and not being good enough. Gee that 2019 Preliminary Final...close margin....losing to GWS by not much...couldn't get over the line. Like I said, a bad reflection on Collingwood during those years.

If you are really that desperate that you need to include Daicos' rookie season in an effort to argue Cripps is a better footballer than him, go for your life...
Oh dear, where do we start.
Hey , let's deliberately ignore 2022 where , surprise surprise, Cripps won the brownlow.
Point being, Cripps is the current Big Dog , and pies supporters don't like it because the stats don't back it up.
Perhaps don't be so desperate to ignore Nick's full career just because Cripps has it well and truly covered to this point

Oh dear, where do we start.
Hey , let's deliberately ignore 2022 where , surprise surprise, Cripps won the brownlow.
Point being, Cripps is the current Big Dog , and pies supporters don't like it because the stats don't back it up.
Perhaps don't be so desperate to ignore Nick's full career just because Cripps has it well and truly covered to this point
Not when forecasting who is more likely to be the better footballer over the course of their careers.

But again, given you're so desperate, over the past three seasons, Cripps in his 9th, 10th and 11th years of his career, has a 2 v. 1 advantage over Daicos in his 1st, 2nd and 3rd years of his career...

Probably more of a negative reflection on Collingwood for being knocked out and not being good enough. Gee that 2019 Preliminary Final...close margin....losing to GWS by not much...couldn't get over the line. Like I said, a bad reflection on Collingwood during those years.
Indeed.

Unfortunately Collingwood were only fielding their 10th and 11th best teams they've had since the turn of the century in those years....

If only we'd been a little better and had something like our 7th and 8th best teams, we would have taken advantage of the weakest era I have seen in my nearly five decades of watching football...

Not when forecasting who is more likely to be the better footballer over the course of their careers.

But again, given you're so desperate, over the past three seasons, Cripps in his 9th, 10th and 11th years of his career, has a 2 v. 1 advantage over Daicos in his 1st, 2nd and 3rd years of his career...
Who is talking forecasts ? You
I'm talking current , today , as it stands

Who is talking forecasts ? You
I'm talking current , today , as it stands
As it stands, the general population rate Daicos ahead of Cripps.

We have shared plenty of references in this thread with analysts, commentators, past players/coaches rating Daicos as the best player in the game.

Not sure I've seen many if any saying the same thing about your boy Cripps...

As it stands, the general population rate Daicos ahead of Cripps.

We have shared plenty of references in this thread with analysts, commentators, past players/coaches rating Daicos as the best player in the game.

Not sure I've seen many if any saying the same thing about your boy Cripps...
You are in the wrong thread Fadge. You need to direct this theory to the Can he be the GOAT thread.
This thread is about congratulating Patrick Cripps on winning the brownlow medal
As per usual, pies supporters enter to derail the thread. Well done

You are in the wrong thread Fadge. You need to direct this theory to the Can he be the GOAT thread.
This thread is about congratulating Patrick Cripps on winning the brownlow medal
As per usual, pies supporters enter to derail the thread. Well done
Cleansnap went off topic first on his usual Dusty v GAJ thing, I merely pointed out that Daics was better due to his career Brownlow average which is ranked numero uno

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleansnap went off topic first on his usual Dusty v GAJ thing, I merely pointed out that Daics was better due to his career Brownlow average which is ranked numero uno
Congratulations Patrick Cripps on winning a second brownlow medal. Truly in elite company now
Well done to Nick Daicos on coming 2nd, and Zac Butters 3rd - fantastic achievements as well

Indeed.

Unfortunately Collingwood were only fielding their 10th and 11th best teams they've had since the turn of the century in those years....

If only we'd been a little better and had something like our 7th and 8th best teams, we would have taken advantage of the weakest era I have seen in my nearly five decades of watching football...

Losing margin was 4 points in that 2019 Preliminary Final loss to GWS at the MCG.....and you blame the Pies not having the quality to get the job done?

Umm....no....with a margin that close (4 points) that clearly means Collingwood simply weren't good enough.

Losing margin was 4 points in that 2019 Preliminary Final loss to GWS at the MCG.....and you blame the Pies not having the quality to get the job done?

Umm....no....with a margin that close (4 points) that clearly means Collingwood simply weren't good enough.
Fadge likes to IMAGINE a lot of things , particularly Collingwood winning the 2019 premiership, and Nick winning brownlows. Both fell short. IFS, BUTs, and MAYBES are a big part of his imaginary world of dominance .
Anyway back to the topic of the thread..

Big week in the Brownlow this week will be a really important round.

Bont, Cripps, Daicos, Neale and Gulden all probably don’t register a vote.

3 vote game for Heeney for sure
2-3 vote game for Serong and Merrett.

What’s everyone guess at the leaderboard right now?

This is me just guessing with no tracking.

Serong Heeney -1st
Bont- 2nd
Cripps Daicos- 3rd
Merrett-4th
Warner-5th
Can we give my original post some recognition?
When I say that in how far off I was 😂
1- Not an important round
2- My order was way off
3- Cripps got 3 votes I’m pretty sure.

Can we give my original post some recognition?
When I say that in how far off I was 😂
1- Not an important round
2- My order was way off
3- Cripps got 3 votes I’m pretty sure.
Cripps didn’t get 3 I just checked, yay I got one thing right!

Darcy Parish got votes over Merrett that round and Draper he was clearly Essendons best from memory I know stats don’t tell the full story but 11 score involvements most by a lot and 10 inside 50 most by a lot 32 possesions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back