Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

But honestly, do you think that's never been the case in the history of football before?

This is an utter farce.

In the past this should have been a 30 vote season at best.

We're talking about separate issues. The massive inflation of vote numbers for the superstar midfielders has been an ongoing trend for years now. Cripps getting a massive, massive number even by modern standards is what I'm explaining.

I mean, look at our own team. Butters got 29 (7 less than the previous record) and he hardly had an eye popping type season AND he's got JHF and Rozee taking votes off him.

I remember thinking after the Gather Round game against Essendon how Rozee might have a real chance in the Brownlow, he was basically varying degrees of goodish to garbage for the rest of the year.
Agree.

Thought finally! He’s arrived!

Then he never reached that standard for the rest of the year

Am I the only one who thought Brayshaw was great?
He was definitely getting his message across. On reflection I think it was great, a player being honest for once & he has every reason to be very angry.

It did take the focus off the retiring players somewhat which wasnt ideal but sometimes injustices need to be publicly called out no matter the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back