Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
Its becoming a bit of a Salem media myth right now, when was the last time you saw Bowey set us away with a quality dangerous kick? He is a pointless 15m dink kick 99% of the time.
Definitely is. Tom McDonald is a better kick coming out of the backline than Bowey.

We should try get some 4th rounders for Lambs gang of rejects (Hore, BBB, Billings, Mcadam, Hunter, Schache, Fullarton).

In fact just pay them out and bring in some rookies. Kyah Farris-White can join them.

**** we have a lot of cloggers down at Casey and Casey still gets smashed.

Seems like thereā€™s a bit of noise with Waterman to the Dees. How would Demons fans feel about a swap for Rivers? Or is there a view that youā€™re past the window and want to keep young players for the next push.

Seems like thereā€™s a bit of noise with Waterman to the Dees. How would Demons fans feel about a swap for Rivers? Or is there a view that youā€™re past the window and want to keep young players for the next push.
Rivers is more important to us than a key forward. Also player for player trades never happen. Will be for picks or not at all imo.

Iā€™d hate to lose Waterman whoā€™s going at almost 3 goals a game, but you have to give up something to get something. Understand the sentiment of not wanting to trade out young talent, just depends on where the club sees the list at in terms of a flag push and what type of players could be brought in that may be the difference.

Waterman is a RFA next year and if he maintains his output Iā€™d expect a band 1 bid from at least one club which would likely mean a top 3 pick. That would make trading picks for him this year difficult.

Iā€™d hate to lose Waterman whoā€™s going at almost 3 goals a game, but you have to give up something to get something. Understand the sentiment of not wanting to trade out young talent, just depends on where the club sees the list at in terms of a flag push and what type of players could be brought in that may be the difference.
Not sure Waterman is what we need honestly. Maybe the club sees things differently but I cant see it working that great, certainly not for about the only mid we have who can break lines and is a good kick.

Waterman is a RFA next year and if he maintains his output Iā€™d expect a band 1 bid from at least one club which would likely mean a top 3 pick. That would make trading picks for him this year difficult.

Iā€™m totally fine with you guys keeping him, I get the Eagles will ask for one of our WA boys and Iā€™d imagine we say no. We are aware we have an ageing team, Iā€™d be furious if we traded any of the younger guys as we need all the decent youth we can get.

I really like Waterman as a player but I canā€™t help but feel this year is an outlier for him long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Michaelangelo Rucci who is an Adelaide based sports journo reported earlier this year that Petty basically wasnā€™t keen on Adelaide anymore, Iā€™d honestly be surprised if he moved now.

Ha! Probably because the Crows won't offer anywhere close to the rumoured $800-900k/year they had on the table for him last year.

I would love Waterman at MFC. Even if this season is an outlier, he would still be good enough to keep Petty out of the forward line (assuming that Goody can let go of his crazy attachment to him).

Player for player trades rarely happen. I can't see Riv wanting to go to Perth unless his relationship breaks down; his misso is an aspiring model, Melbourne/east coast will have more opportunity.

Watching Chol and Ginnivin running riot today makes me wonder how hard Melbourne were really trying to upgrade our forward line...

We brought in Billings, Fullarton and McAdam to bolster our attack. There was genuine enthusiam for these three in the preseason; Fullarton to be third tall and keep JVR out of the ruck, Billings with his kicking inside 50, McAdam as a marking threat and defensive pressure...

The problem is that these guys performed as well they did at their prior clubs. Billings is flakey and still hasn't lived up to his pre-draft hype. McAdam is injury prone and lazy. Fullarton is still not ready to make the next step to best 22 (and may never be ready!).

It wasn't that the club didn't try to improve. We just failed to pick the right players (or didn't do enough to sway better players into nominating us).

May should absolutely be on the trading block, pointless letting all our vets die on the list when you can get something for them. If you want to do it with Gawn and Viney fine, but you've got to cash out some of them. Im sure we are still deluded enough to think we are flag contenders though so wont happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread šŸ—‘šŸ”„

Remove this Banner Ad

Back