• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't a knock on Warner, because I think he's a damn good player. But I think our mids free him up because they're all collectively good as a unit and all alone he wouldn't shine as brightly. Going to West Coast or Fremantle would surround him with a lesser midfield and he'd be tagged out of games.
I think he'd go fine in other midfield units. He's not the inside ball winner, he's the one you give the ball to after you've won the ball.

Serong and Warner would be a lethal combination.

Kelly to Warner would also be very damaging.

I don't believe Warner is currently strong enough to be the main man but Freo and Eagles have a decent midfield group which could compliment Warner well

could be some interesting results today ... st kilda will give melbourne a run in a defensive slog (and if they don't, melbourne will smash them) ... hawthorn will give brisbane a scare and could win that ... west coast on a roll can upset the crows, although at home adelaide probably win
i don't think any the result of any of these games is as "obvious" as what it looks on paper

Still a fair way to go before the end of the season, but to me there are only a couple of relatively obvious delistings or retirements of the 44 listed. Unless one or two ask for a trade or there is a retirement from left-field, spots really will be at a premium.

Might also be some shuffling from primary list to rookie list to accommodate new draft choices or a new player to the team from another club. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner trade dribble on Fairfax papers. The only worrying thing was his agents quote which made him seem illiterate and concerned me.
You don't lose players like Warner to salary cap issues. You let some of the other players go instead.

This is where Hayward won't be able to stay if he's getting much larger offers elsewhere.

I hate to be that guy (but i also think this is a positive) but I think Harrison will fall down the order a little after that first Allies performance. Probably a good thing because if he falls to us in the rookie draft we can either transfer draft capital to next year or pick another top 25 talent with our two picks near the end of round 1. I want Harvey Langford and probably another Marking forward alongside him. Also still alot to play out in the national champs and more before draft day in what late November.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back