• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still a fair way to go before the end of the season, but to me there are only a couple of relatively obvious delistings or retirements of the 44 listed. Unless one or two ask for a trade or there is a retirement from left-field, spots really will be at a premium.

Might also be some shuffling from primary list to rookie list to accommodate new draft choices or a new player to the team from another club. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Only wrote the above a few says ago but with the re-signings of Snell and Edwards, it makes spots on the list even harder to come by for next season.

Still only a couple of pretty obvious candidates as to who won't be around next season. Beyond that, hard to predict who won't be on the list for mine.

Only wrote the above a few says ago but with the re-signings of Snell and Edwards, it makes spots on the list even harder to come by for next season.

Still only a couple of pretty obvious candidates as to who won't be around next season. Beyond that, hard to predict who won't be on the list for mine.
Im predicting that trades in and out will offset one another and we will take 3 picks in the national and 1 rookie.
My hope for Swans Academy boys is that Cochran is matched in like the 40s and that Harrison slips to the rookies but Harrison is a hard one to judge atm given his first u18 game wasn't the greatest. With the two first round picks we surely have to target a marking forward that will be a 4th tall (Langford and Hynes i think are the best for this in the current draft class) but still a long way to go.

So in essence I think we only need to create 3 main list spots and 1 rookie spot for additions and then probably needs some boys to go down to the rookie list to allow for some of the current rookie A & Bs to go onto the main list

Our former players include Foot, Hall-Kahan, Ling, Rankin, Sheather, and Stoddart

Should take Mclean just so we have a forward line of Mclean and Mclean.

Rhys Mathieson can join just so he can take all the drugs and keep them away from the rest of the squad.

Not that it affects us, but here's the full list of mid-season draft nominations:

Ben Edwards, Phil Moimoi and Lachlan Cabor from the VFL have nominated, plus a handful from the Sydney league as well (all have played for the Swans Academy)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheesh.

Mick Ablett is ready to take the crown from Shifter Sheahan for "AFL draft guy who can't possibly see any player's prospects be anything but excellent".
He’s been practising for years. If anything he’s worse than Sheahan. Every draft night I sit there watching the two of them throw their hands up in amazement about how so-and-so is an absolute steal at that pick, and they can’t believe he slid so far. For every single player picked…

He’s been practising for years. If anything he’s worse than Sheahan. Every draft night I sit there watching the two of them throw their hands up in amazement about how so-and-so is an absolute steal at that pick, and they can’t believe he slid so far. For every single player picked…
Pretty sure most, if not all, of the "talent identifiers" see it as their role to talk up the prospects, ALL OF THEM. I can kind of see the point as you wouldn't want to put the mockers on someone. Within the walls of the clubs I think we can guarantee they're more realistic.

Our former players include Foot, Hall-Kahan, Ling, Rankin, Sheather, and Stoddart

Some of those ex-Swans I don't even remember playing for us. When did Stoddart play??

Some of those ex-Swans I don't even remember playing for us. When did Stoddart play??
He was drafted the same year as Ling. I think he might have got a couple of games in his first season. He was a reasonable player but was still very slight when he was delisted by us. Last year he was one of the "hot prospects" to be taken in the mid-season draft (along with Sam Naismith). Both missed out, though we know Naismith was then taken at the end of the year.

I've watched at least one VFL game where he played for our opposition. He was quite prolific, playing through the midfield, and had developed the build of a solid player. But I didn't see anything that made him stand out as too good for VFL.

He was drafted the same year as Ling. I think he might have got a couple of games in his first season. He was a reasonable player but was still very slight when he was delisted by us. Last year he was one of the "hot prospects" to be taken in the mid-season draft (along with Sam Naismith). Both missed out, though we know Naismith was then taken at the end of the year.

I've watched at least one VFL game where he played for our opposition. He was quite prolific, playing through the midfield, and had developed the build of a solid player. But I didn't see anything that made him stand out as too good for VFL.
He was one of KB's "skinny half back flankers" the most successful being McInerney. He was decent if not starry in NEAFL but couldn't cope with the speed of AFL and looked totally lost. Seemed a really nice kid but I doubt that he would make it now.

He was one of KB's "skinny half back flankers" the most successful being McInerney. He was decent if not starry in NEAFL but couldn't cope with the speed of AFL and looked totally lost. Seemed a really nice kid but I doubt that he would make it now.

Was a massive fan of him when he went through just his body didn't fill out and then he copped these annoying injuries along the way.

I went to have a look to confirm my memory that he played all of them in the COVID 2020 year. But nope it turns out he debuted in 2018, and played alongside Hannebery, (Heath) Grundy, and Harrison Marsh which blows my mind because those 3 feel like from a different era than Stoddart

I went to have a look to confirm my memory that he played all of them in the COVID 2020 year. But nope it turns out he debuted in 2018, and played alongside Hannebery, (Heath) Grundy, and Harrison Marsh which blows my mind because those 3 feel like from a different era than Stoddart

Yeah I always find it funny when you see players who played together despite associating them with different eras. Watching OTC last night where there was a clip of Dawson talking about Heeney and Warner as his old teammates and my wife snorted and said he never played with Warner but I pointed out they did overlap in 2020 and 2021 which even though 2021 was the first year of Errol etc. still feels post-Dawson somehow.

Player wages and contracts.
My 2c …

A lot of comments over the years along the lines of “if a player wants to go elsewhere to get top dollar, who can blame them?”

Yeah I don’t agree with that.
I ran a small business for most of my life, made a reasonable amount of money, but most of the wealth I created was through real estate. My home made (or at least saved) more money over the years than I did.

For the top Swans players, a few extra hundred grand isn’t going to make that much of a difference. Where they invest that money will be the real determinant of their wealth into the future.

I would like to see the players make a pact to not blow out the wage structure and for Realestate.com to set up some investment seminars to help all the players maximise the wealth they create.

It’s a win win.
Everyone makes money and everyone gets a chance to do something special in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back