• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Wasn't impressed with Grundy for the 2nd half of the season TBH.

When you look at Brisbane we are a long way behind if you take into account they had Big O, Coleman, Gardiner and Linc McCarthey missing and they will add Levi Ashcroft this off season as well. Their list depth and quality is the best in the competition.
Who can we steal from them?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

This is all hypothetical and we don't know the cap but i would 100% love to have Parish at sydney , but doubt he leaves Essendon .

I mean Jokes aside ill take 45 vote patty cripps , ill take any big splash in the midfield balances Heeney and Mills out a bit and helps defence and forward line.

But didn't we put our cap space into resigning , and getting Adams and Grundy?

Who knows with the salary cap?! All I know is that everything is about the midfield and winning the ball.

If the ball is coming in fast into your forward line, the opposition defenders look crap and our forwards will look great.

If our starting centre bounce next year is Heeney, Warner, and Rowbottom, then we are destined for another finals embarrassment. There is too much pressure on Heeney.

Who knows with the salary cap?! All I know is that everything is about the midfield and winning the ball.

If the ball is coming in fast into your forward line, the opposition defenders look crap and our forwards will look great.

If our starting centre bounce next year is Heeney, Warner, and Rowbottom, then we are destined for another finals embarrassment. There is too much pressure on Heeney.

100% , do anything possible to fix it for sure. Even if we have to trade something good to get something good.

We all loved Schneider and Dempster but we traded them to get something /

The player we seem incapable of replacing is JPK.

Neale and Ashcroft completely destroyed us in tight and that was basically the beginning, middle, and end of the game. If Heeney wasn't going off, we were no chance.

There were warning signs all year that a game like this would happen (again). Even back to round 3 when Taranto did whatever he wanted.
Serong was the big mistake we made

We will surely drop a few 100ks when Parker goes to retirement at North
sad to see Parker go, but happy with the salary cap relief
wouldn't be sad to see Adams go, and happy with the salary cap relief - (was very surprised we traded for him)
those two would be around the $1m next year.. and Adams $4-500k in 2026

Passing on Dunkley when he was a father/son, nominated us as his choice, was highly rated coming into the draft, and plays the exact role we now desperately need, was a pretty big mistake as well.
Tbf he didn’t want to come here. We were just his insurance policy if someone outside of vic bid on him.

We were held to ransom by a 17 year old and his father

Tbf he didn’t want to come here. We were just his insurance policy if someone outside of vic bid on him.

We were held to ransom by a 17 year old and his father

Even if that is true, and I am sceptical, it was still a horrible error not to match the bid.

Same as if it would have been a terrible decision not to match on Mitchell if his heart wasn't ever really in being in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if that is true, and I am sceptical, it was still a horrible error not to match the bid.

Same as if it would have been a terrible decision not to match on Mitchell if his heart wasn't ever really in being in Sydney.
Interestingly our next bids after not matching Dunkley was Leonardis (pick 51) and Dawson (pick 56).

So not sure if that plays out differently if we match the Dunkley bid with the later picks. Though we got Mills, Dawson and Papley from that draft so it ended up being an ok draft overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back