Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 12 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
my team is very generic but I've got no idea how people aren't pushed for numbers this week. Powell, Whitfield, Tom Green, Sweet, Jhye Clark, sheezel, Xerri, Heeney, Harry Barnett, Ethan Phillips, Jake Rogers (i'm assuming he won't play), Harvey Thomas and Toby Pink. So that's 13 players out, leaving 17 players before trades.
I've tried to plan for this - losing only Sheez and Powell this week and have 22 plus 2 bench green dots likely - Rnd 14 is my riskiest Rnd, but working toward getting that right up to 9 trades for fix it. My goal is 18 true field players with however many rooks on the bench is possible. It's where I hope to make some lost ground - we'll see!

I think a key issue is getting some decent Ruck spread across the bye rounds - it's the difference between having best 18 from 21 or best 18 from 22. Could be worth 50-75 pts

Yeah ive only got 4 bye players next week so i can trade my R14-15 bye players (Clohesy, Campbell and Garcia)
I've peniclled in Chad for Clohesy, gonna try and get a fwd to Heeney (he's still too expensive to get to) or if I can't, move Soligo on early for another mid.

Hopefully R14/15 ill have max 4-5 missing if I nail my trades.

Really need a def rook to downgrade to next week. Have Howes on the bench still.

Yeah ive only got 4 bye players next week so i can trade my R14-15 bye players (Clohesy, Campbell and Garcia)
Yep, the plan!

I've peniclled in Chad for Clohesy, gonna try and get a fwd to Heeney (he's still too expensive to get to) or if I can't, move Soligo on early for another mid.

Really need a def rook to downgrade to next week. Have Howes on the bench still.
Yeah my last two red dots after next week should be Hardemen and Z Reid but there's no good options for downgrades so im leaving them till last.

Yeah those 3 trade outs i named will get me Zorko. Which leaves my forward line as,

Zorko, Heeney, Flanders, Fisher, Powell and Sexton.

Then my last two rooks onfield are Sharp/Wilson in the midfield who i can upgrade the following 2 weeks (Round 14-15) to make a full premo team coming out of the byes. (With no carnage ofcourse which is unlikely).

Last edited:
Yeah my last two red dots after next week should be Hardemen and Z Reid but there's no good options for downgrades so im leaving them till last.

Yeah those 3 trade outs i named will get me Zorko. Which leaves my forward line as,

Then my last two rooks are Sharp/Wilson in the midfield who i can upgrade the following 2 weeks (Round 14-15) to make a full premo team coming out of the byes. (With no carnage ofcourse which is unlikely).
Woody Harrelson Reaction GIF by Venom Movie

Then my last two rooks are Sharp/Wilson in the midfield who i can upgrade the following 2 weeks (Round 14-15) to make a full premo team coming out of the byes. (With no carnage ofcourse which is unlikely).
My FWD line as it stands

Flanders, McKay, Wilson, Connor Mac, Reid, Gallagher,

Would ideally want Reid, Gallagher and Wilson gone come the end of the byes. Want at least Heeney there

I’ve got 21 playing this week and likely 20 playing next week.

The back end of the byes will be challenging for me as I’m stacked for R14/15. So next week will be key in moving some of those players on

Would you not consider starting this week like I am? Even if it's to bring in a Rd 12 player? My concern is in the wet against the Eagles a Bonner or Hill will only be good for a 60-70 tops which I'd hope a rookie like Harrison or Freijah can cover off anyway, so may as well ship them out for a Rd 12 premo to get started on that.

Then my last two rooks onfield are Sharp/Wilson in the midfield who i can upgrade the following 2 weeks (Round 14-15) to make a full premo team coming out of the byes. (With no carnage ofcourse which is unlikely).
I dont even know what a full group of premo forwards looks like!!

Would you not consider starting this week like I am? Even if it's to bring in a Rd 12 player? My concern is in the wet against the Eagles a Bonner or Hill will only be good for a 60-70 tops which I'd hope a rookie like Harrison or Freijah can cover off anyway, so may as well ship them out for a Rd 12 premo to get started on that.
Potentially.... it's definitely something I've considered for sure. Richards is gonna be out for at least two weeks which makes him a forced trade.

My FWD line as it stands

Flanders, McKay, Wilson, Connor Mac, Reid, Gallagher,

Would ideally want Reid, Gallagher and Wilson gone come the end of the byes. Want at least Heeney there
Yeah atleast you have top 3 forward targets to go to (Heeney/Zorko)
I do think Fisher will be a top 4 forward for the rest of the year now also.

If you're counting someone like Powell as a premo why aren't you counting Wilson or Sharp?

Think people get a bit hung up sometimes on distinctions without a difference like that.

If you're counting someone like Powell as a premo why aren't you counting Wilson or Sharp?

Think people get a bit hung up sometimes on distinctions without a difference like that.
Yeah true, i could put both of them as "mid pricers" considering there scoring. Reason why they're the last two to go as they're scoring well enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Day is my gut feeling, but can't help be tempted by Crisp and Hind!

Howes to McAuliffe, Powell to Hind gives me a heap of cash
Might just get Day this week
Then Crisp next week as won't have many Freo/Port players to trade out.
Day and Sicdog are my two I'm mulling over bringing in.

Yeah i wanted to consider Day but it ruins my structure, need someone in the backline so going Crisp.
My mids are the most bye friendly line tbh so probs best for me to focus on Defence

1 missing this week (Dunks)
1 next week (Butters)
2 R14 (Rowell, Anderson)
2 R15 (Soligo, Dawson) and Soligo will be moved on before then anyway

With Pendles out, do I prioritize spending up to get Sullivan with the high likelihood of more cbas over going cheap with Harrison?

Basically gives me no cash going into next week but I can still get Serong + surely Sullivan will have better scoring potential?

It's an interesting one - waiting for teams to be named on Thurs - Blicavs is out, so Stanley in is likely, but his fitness is an issue, so whether Conway stays and they use Stanley as a back up, or whether they drop Conway for Stanley and use Shannon Neale as a back up remains to be seen.

Boomer93 wait until Thursday teams (Sat game) and watch the bench/emg names too. Conway is a BE of low 20's, if he is second fiddle to Stanley, he might not exceed his BE by much IMO.

Ah nice I didn't realise blicavs was out! That makes my decision pretty easy then. If Stanley is named I take a different option, but if no Stanley and they are backing Conway as a lone ruck then I'll probably take it.

Cheers for the help fellas!

Leek Aleer is at 338k. Could his 71 last week be typical from now on, or are his earlier 2 scores (44, 31) the norm? If the former, he could be a downgrade target coming off his bye next week if you're looking for that in defence. Breakeven of 16.
100%
As I stated previously in the thread I’m bringing in Hind but if he’s named sub, I’ll edit trade and bring in Aleer.
I don’t think 71 is probably what we will see week in and out but his JS looks great after that mark and they seemed to have more confidence with his ball in his hand last week

my team is very generic but I've got no idea how people aren't pushed for numbers this week. Powell, Whitfield, Tom Green, Sweet, Jhye Clark, sheezel, Xerri, Heeney, Harry Barnett, Ethan Phillips, Jake Rogers (i'm assuming he won't play), Harvey Thomas and Toby Pink. So that's 13 players out, leaving 17 players before trades.
Providing you can get 18 scores this week, you're actually better taking a hit this week. I'm trying to take more of a hit this and next week as i'm currently very 14 and 15 heavy and won't have enough trades to fix those rounds if I don't start now..

Providing you can get 18 scores this week, you're actually better taking a hit this week. I'm trying to take more of a hit this and next week as i'm currently very 14 and 15 heavy and won't have enough trades to fix those rounds if I don't start now..
yeah I agree. I might try and run the gauntlet and should there be a late out or another unforeseen subbing out like Soligo was than potentially changing my trades if that happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back