Game Day 2024 Fantasy Round 13 Discussion - MND Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just doesn’t want the ball. Also can’t get to the spots he wants. Never works out bringing in someone with no preseason. Should have known but went with the crowd
He was too cheap to not get when he scored his first ton a few weeks ago. Was the obvious play, but inside mids are out this season and yeah the no pre-season will definitely affect my decisions next season when trading in players.

Crisp turning from a massive pumpkin to one of the highest scoring players in the games shows how random things can be.

Need to get on certain players at the right time. Of course I don't own him
Always been a pretty good fantasy player with the right role. I just didn’t get him because it looked like it was going to be a lot more short term than it was. De Goey and Titch were only 1-2 week outs when everyone was bringing him in. Also has a shit bye

+1. Sick of these dud players tagging others. At least Crisp is hurting the other way whilst doing a job on Oliver

Tagging has been out of control this season. The equivilent of "parking the bus" in soccer as regards my disdain for it.

Tagging has been out of control this season. The equivilent of "parking the bus" in soccer as regards my disdain for it.
Yeah I don’t understand it when there’s so many others that can hurt you. It makes sense taking their best player out of the game but more often than not someone else will always cut you open instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its so weird that tagging went out of fashion for so long there. Absolute no brainer to tag most games, most teams have at least 1 player worth stopping.

Sucks for fantasy but for actual footy its a great strategy
Most of the time is makes sense but there’s always at least one more dude that makes tagging irrelevant. Crisp here and Martin last night when Carlton tagged Merrett. Overall I feel as though it doesn’t impact the modern game that much

Most of the time is makes sense but there’s always at least one more dude that makes tagging irrelevant. Crisp here and Martin last night when Carlton tagged Merrett. Overall I feel as though it doesn’t impact the modern game that much
There is always more than 1 player who can have a good game. Taking out the opponents best is absolutely worth it.
Merrett is generally far more damaging than Martin, the Pies try to play almost entirely through Daicos usually, etc. You force the opponent to play differently.
If you can use your 18-23rd best player to minimise the effectiveness of the opponents best player you do that every time.
The only reason more clubs arent doing it yet is coaches being stubborn. All these half backs setting up play should be tagged out of the game

That +12 for gawn to end the half was annoying. Points just follow him

I said the same thing for 10 weeks not owning him. Was the most painful watch when points just fall in his lap over and over.

I finally rectified it a few weeks back and I feel much better about watching Melbourne games

A rest from what? He's played four games less than everyone else.
Correct, but have you watched his run and carry, er sorry, jog and carry. He's an inside mid, I get that, but he's not even getting to some contests like last season. Like Clarry, he's looking for that cheap 20m mark and kick, and that works well, as long you then get yourself to the next one. He's a reluctant hold atm.

There is always more than 1 player who can have a good game. Taking out the opponents best is absolutely worth it.
Merrett is generally far more damaging than Martin, the Pies try to play almost entirely through Daicos usually, etc. You force the opponent to play differently.
If you can use your 18-23rd best player to minimise the effectiveness of the opponents best player you do that every time.
The only reason more clubs arent doing it yet is coaches being stubborn. All these half backs setting up play should be tagged out of the game
Yeah fair, I just don’t think it’s as relevant in today’s footy. There aren’t many players that can win a game on their own anymore and it’s more of a team game than it’s ever been. If someone is tagged you just flick the magnets around and the next bloke moves into that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back