List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be fine. You'd figure we'd be thereabouts again, probably matching someone (Annabelle) again, so ultimately just keep rolling it over.

You are absolutely correct, and we'd find a way to make it work, but it will cost us more to do obviously. Might end up having to trade future picks in to deal with a deficit in 2025. Point being, Dom Ambrogio getting to work and generating us the points is the most important thing between Sunday and the draft in November.

I'm just an average punter in terms of assessing draft talent, but I'm just very very high on Annable given what I saw in the championship games I watched. He didn't get a heap of touches but his ability at clearance was really, really impressive. Think he's a perfect addition to come in from 2026 if he keeps his form up, and Marshall is going to run into a massive logjam for wing spots with Fletcher and Berry.

I'd love to have Marshall on the list obviously, but think this is more of a conversation this year than it has been previously. If only we didn't trade our future second for Brandon Ryan!

I wouldn’t be too concerned at all with acquiring enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall. Previous years its been a pretty easy task for list managers to achieve, especially regarding downgrading picks.

There seems to be a bit of talent on the move already, we will be able to leverage our first rounder on a few potential deals to pocket handy points.
Also, with the uncertainty of the future matching, there might be more of a premium on future pick, where we will get good return for our F2 if needed.
I’m not sure what you mean by, “with the uncertainty of future matching”.

We know what the new dvi and discount is.

We know it will be harder to match very top end kids, and that later picks don’t carry the same value any more.

Just on next year, there are a lot of club tied kids, either academy or father sons. I’m not sure if there are any top end kids, maybe one of the GC kids, but I expect there to be a lot of club tied kids in the mid to late first round and second round.

You are absolutely correct, and we'd find a way to make it work, but it will cost us more to do obviously. Might end up having to trade future picks in to deal with a deficit in 2025. Point being, Dom Ambrogio getting to work and generating us the points is the most important thing between Sunday and the draft in November.

I'm just an average punter in terms of assessing draft talent, but I'm just very very high on Annable given what I saw in the championship games I watched. He didn't get a heap of touches but his ability at clearance was really, really impressive. Think he's a perfect addition to come in from 2026 if he keeps his form up, and Marshall is going to run into a massive logjam for wing spots with Fletcher and Berry.

I'd love to have Marshall on the list obviously, but think this is more of a conversation this year than it has been previously. If only we didn't trade our future second for Brandon Ryan!

Not sure Dom has to get to work between Sunday & the draft. Our first round pick is a valuable commodity that every club knows is available. Same with all clubs that have f/s or academy picks. Every club knows we're not going to use it, and every club without their own f/s or academy bid issues would want it. The only variable with ours right now is whether it's pick 17 or 18 (ignoring all the bid matching etc). I'm sure most if not all the work has already been mapped out with our trade partners for what is gong to happen.

I’m not sure what you mean by, “with the uncertainty of future matching”.

We know what the new dvi and discount is.

We know it will be harder to match very top end kids, and that later picks don’t carry the same value any more.

Just on next year, there are a lot of club tied kids, either academy or father sons. I’m not sure if there are any top end kids, maybe one of the GC kids, but I expect there to be a lot of club tied kids in the mid to late first round and second round.
The uncertainty I’m eluding to is we haven’t actually seen a trade period under these changes. While we can theorize about “the best way” to approach the changes, clubs will all have varying approaches. Until we can assess what actually works, it’s largely uncertainty IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back