Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd get a head start and set up the thread given we will finish top 4 and have at least 2 finals to play, maybe 2 home finals.

11.30pm Saturday night and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are all in play for us, so both home QF final or away QF final are a week 1 option, which means different travel requirements and ticketing windows.

If we win, we get 2nd as long as our winning margin is less than 51 pts than GWS beat the Bulldogs by. Ie if GWS win by 71pts we want to beat Freo by at least 21 pts. So most likely the QF is Port v GWS and the question is where, AO or the cow paddock to quote Mason Cox.

My preferred option is we win and GWS don't, and we play Geelong at AO for the QF. I would back us in for that game.

If GWS do finish 4th, given Brisbane are 5th and will win their EF at the Gabba whoever they play, then the SF knocks out 1 of the 3 biggest chances this year IMO. 1v4 QF is the Sydney derby at the SCG and loser would play Brisbane in the SF.

If we win the QF then we would play the winner of this SF at AO in the PF. My preference to play a PF at AO in order would be Sydney, Brisbane and GWS. Actually best PF opponent at AO would be Geelong, but that can't happen, given above scenario.

If we lose and GWS win, then the question is by how much, and do we want to finish 3rd or 4th? Do we want to play GWS at the cow Paddock or finish 4th and play Sydney at the SCG.

If we kick 46 pts and Freo kick 71pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.054%.
If we kick 66 pts and Freo kick 88pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.002%.
If we kick 86 pts and Freo kick 106pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.013%.

If we finish 4th I think we have a marginally better chance to beat Sydney at the SCG, than if we finish 3rd and have to play GWS at the cow paddock. Finish 4th and lose the QF then we play Brisbane at AO for the SF. I don't have much confidence we would win that. The upside is go out in straight sets for 2nd year in a row and Hinkley probably goes. But I don't want that to **** over our young star mids and carry the chokers tag for a few years.

Anyway between 9pm and 9.30pm SA time Sunday night, we will know where we have finished and the AFL should have released the finals program and ticketing info.

Hopefully those bastards at AFL and Ticketek and Ticketmaster spread the 4 finals ticketing sales over 4 days so that their ticketing system doesn't shit itself, if its all done in 1 day.

I know AO and MCG finals will use Ticketek. The Gabba uses Ticketmaster. I'm pretty sure SCG use Ticketek, but don't know who does the ticketing for the cow paddock.

Last edited:
Thought I'd get a head start and set up the thread given we will finish top 4 and have at least 2 finals to play, maybe 2 home finals.

11.30pm Saturday night and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are all in play for us, so both home QF final or away QF final are a week 1 option, which means different travel requirements and ticketing windows.

If we win, we get 2nd as long as our winning margin is less than 51 pts than GWS beat the Bulldogs by. Ie if GWS win by 71pts we want to beat Freo by at least 21 pts. So most likely the QF is Port v GWS and the question is where, AO or the cow paddock to quote Mason Cox.

My preferred option is we win and GWS don't, and we play Geelong at AO for the QF. I would back us in for that game.

If GWS do finish 4th, given Brisbane are 5th and will win their EF at the Gabba whoever they play, then the SF knocks out 1 of the 3 biggest chances this year IMO. 1v4 QF is the Sydney derby at the SCG and loser would play Brisbane in the SF.

If we win the QF then we would play the winner of this SF at AO in the PF. My preference to play a PF at AO in order would be Sydney, Brisbane and GWS. Actually best PF opponent at AO would be Geelong, but that can't happen, given above scenario.

If we lose and GWS win, then the question is by how much, and do we want to finish 3rd or 4th? Do we want to play GWS at the cow Paddock or finish 4th and play Sydney at the SCG.

If we kick 46 pts and Freo kick 71pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.054%.
If we kick 66 pts and Freo kick 88pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.002%.
If we kick 86 pts and Freo kick 106pts, Geelong beat us to 3rd by 0.013%.

If we finish 4th I think we have a marginally better chance to beat Sydney at the SCG, than if we finish 3rd and have to play GWS at the cow paddock. Finish 4th and lose the QF then we play Brisbane at AO for the SF. I don't have much confidence we would win that. The upside is go out in straight sets for 2nd year in a row and Hinkley probably goes. But I don't want that to **** over our young star mids and carry the chokers tag for a few years.

Anyway between 9pm and 9.30pm SA time Sunday night, we will know where we have finished and the AFL should have released the finals program and ticketing info.

Hopefully those bastards at AFL and Ticketek and Ticketmaster spread the 4 finals ticketing sales over 4 days so that their ticketing system doesn't shit itself, if its all done in 1 day.

I know AO and MCG finals will use Ticketek. The Gabba uses Ticketmaster. I'm pretty sure SCG use Ticketek, but don't know who does the ticketing for the cow paddock.
Good read, thanks for that mate.

Chewy316 just sent me a text and said AFL will announce finals dates and ticketing info tomorrow at 8am EST.

QF losers should get a longer break than EF winners in week 2, so I will be shocked if we aren't playing on a Friday or Thursday night.

Last edited:

Normally I'm a fan of playing finals every chance you get, they are massive for your development, but without knowing the details of their injury list, I actually thought Carlton would have been better off booking players for surgery 2 weeks earlier and start planning for 2025 with a bigger preseason.

Also thought Freo with Darcy back and maybe Pearce would be a better chance of knocking off Brisbane who match up a little too well against us for our liking.

But f**k it win them all.

Chewy316 just sent me a text and said AFL will announce finals dates and ticketing info tomorrow at 8am EST.

QF losers should get a longer break than EF winners in week 2, so I will be shocked if we aren't playing on a Friday or Thursday night.

Tom Morris reported on Nine News Melbourne tonight that unless there's an unexpected last minute change, Port will play Geelong on the Thursday night to open the finals series.

This is from Sportsbet so I reckon they have leaked the schedule given they give the AFL about $40m in betting commissions a year and annual $6m in sponsorship.

But that doesn't mean its definite.

Only reason I can see justification for 1v4 playing Saturday night and not Friday night is that the game involves two Sydney sides and the loser of that QF plays the winner of 5v8 who has to travel to Sydney for the SF

So if below graphic is right, the future schedule would look like;

2v3 QF winner plays a Saturday night PF and loser plays a Friday night SF against winner of 6v7 EF Saturday arvo game. So 8 days rest for QF loser vs 6 days rest for EF winner for that SF. If Port win, both semi finalists will be Victorian sides and Geelong would be travelling home on day 1 of 8.

1v4 QF winner plays a Friday night PF and loser plays a Saturday night SF against winner of 5v8 Friday night game.
So 7 days rest for QF loser vs 8 days rest for EF winner for that SF.

Now if 4 GWS win the QF I think they will play their PF on a Saturday night and the winner of 2v3 QF get the Friday night PF as they are higher ranked and should get the extra days rest going into GF.

1724585833856.png

The AFL confirmed the fixture for Week One of the 2024 Toyota AFL Finals Series as follows:

Thursday, September 5
Second Qualifying Final, Port Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm EST/7.10pm local

Friday, September 6
Second Elimination Final, Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.40pm EST

Saturday, September 7
First Qualifying Final, Sydney Swans v GWS GIANTS, SCG, 3.20pm EST
First Elimination Final, Brisbane v Carlton, The Gabba, 7.30pm EST

The AFL confirmed the fixture for Week One of the 2024 Toyota AFL Finals Series as follows:

Thursday, September 5
Second Qualifying Final, Port Adelaide v Geelong, Adelaide Oval, 7.40pm EST/7.10pm local

Friday, September 6
Second Elimination Final, Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.40pm EST

Saturday, September 7
First Qualifying Final, Sydney Swans v GWS GIANTS, SCG, 3.20pm EST
First Elimination Final, Brisbane v Carlton, The Gabba, 7.30pm EST
It's pretty ridiculous that a historic first Sydney derby Qualifying final, is being stashed away on Saturday afternoon.

It's pretty ridiculous that a historic first Sydney derby Qualifying final, is being stashed away on Saturday afternoon.
Sydney have been drawing huge Saturday arvo crowds since they got regular programming at the SCG a few years ago, so dont know if that affected the thinking.

Probably more Melbourne TV market thinking to have a big supporting Vic club on a Saturday night game

Good practice for the GF playing in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just told my boss I'm going to be sick on Tuesday to secure finals tickets 😅 he laughed and understood even though he's a crows supporter!

Last edited:

Qualifying Final
Port Adelaide v Geelong
Thursday 5 September, 7.10pm
Adelaide Oval

Members are required to purchase finals tickets and can purchase 2x tickets per eligible barcode.

Members will have priority access to purchase tickets before the General Public.

Member Pre-sale is Tuesday 27 August, 10am-2pm (local time) . General Public on sale is from 3pm (local time).

Members will be required to enter their 12 digit barcode to access the pre-sale.

Transaction limit is 10.

Accessible tickets will be released online via Ticketek.

Finals ticket type is linked to the membership category. For example, a Junior membership barcode will only permit the purchase of a Junior finals ticket.

Members will be able to select their preferred price category subject to availability.

Juniors 3 and under as at 1/1/2024 do not require a ticket but cannot occupy a seat.

Tickets will be allocated until capacity is exhausted.

Ticket Prices

AdultConcession JuniorFamily
Category 1$101$76$30$202
Category 2$85$64$26$170
Category 3$75$56$23$150
Category 4$64`$48$19$128
Category 5$35$25$10$70
The Hill & Restricted View$35$25$10$70

How are priority groups determined?

For AFL Finals weeks 1 to 3, there are no priority groups. All game access members have priority for weeks 1-3 finals. This includes Western Stand, Reserved Seat and General Admission members.

Priority Groups are only used for Grand Final ticketing. Members pay additional to receive this benefit (Club 1870, Black Diamond, Platinum and Gold).

How are the seating allocations determined?

The AFL is responsible for the overall ticketing arrangements for the Finals Series including pricing, on-sales and ticketing allocations.

The overall venue capacity is divided into the following categories:
  • Club Members (home team)
  • Club Members (away team)
  • Stadium Members
  • Corporate
  • Club internal allocations
  • AFL Members

Last edited:
Of course we get the shortest break.
which is good. Players are better off with a week and half between games than 2 full weeks

If we lose we will get the longest break to the SF, if we win and Sydney win we will get the longest break between the QF and PF.

Don't have your barcode because you have electronic membership?

Log in to your Membership account and under the Member Hub drop down menu, select the 3rd option and that page has it.

1724628912070.png

Thursday night final is stupid. Why don’t they have them Friday, Saturday Saturday night and Sunday. Thursday is so much more difficult with work for people.
Because its about setting up the future games with a fair break for everyone.

The loser of QF 2v3 gets an 8 day break and plays winner of EF 6v7 on a 7 day break the following Friday night. The loser of QF 1v4 gets a 7 day break and the winner of EF 5v8 also gets a 7 day break and play the following Saturday night.

I hate Thursday night football but in this case I've got a 50th on Saturday night, a gig on Friday night and an event on Sunday, so it's neatly wedged into my schedule.

Don't have your barcode because you have electronic membership?

Log in to your Membership account and under the Member Hub drop down menu, select the 3rd option and that page has it.

View attachment 2092032

If I didn't know you personally REH, I'd think you were some infobot for the club.
You're always working shit out for the rest of us idiots.

Pretty dumb that we have to wait at a certain date and time to all pile in into Ticketek and buy tickets. Surely ranking members should have the option to select automatic purchase or pre-purchase in the best seats possible.

Its going to be stressful waiting in front of a PC during working hours to secure my tickets next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Finals Ticketing and other finals info

Remove this Banner Ad

Back