Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My family have lived in Paddington, Sydney since the late 80s, my family home used to be a stones throw from the SCG and my brother is a pretend Swans supporter (he couldn't give a rats arse about aussie rules but nominally goes for Sydney cos he appreciates thst I'm such a fan of the sport.

I'm a bit of a fan of their club song too, as featured at the end of Flying High (Airplane).

Bit of a fan of the French national anthem that Brisbane cannibalised too, been humming it around the house much to my family’s amusement, they think I'm a born-again French nationaliste!

Respect for both teams, I'd like to think that Brisbanes recent experience in losing a GF last year will mean that they will win this year but, well, we know...

Don't mind who wins, suppose Swans in a pinch but think Lions will smash them early and just withstand enough to win at the end.

Hope it's a good one.

Starting midfields:

Sydney:

Heeney - academy
Gulden - academy
Warner - great draft pick
Rowbottom - great draft pick

Brisbane:

Neale - trade
Dunkley - trade
McLuggage - great draft pick
Ashcroft - father son

There’s evil in both teams but far more in Sydney even with their academy captain out. I like to go for the team that gives us the most hope so I’m going for Brisbane.

Just looking at the AFL site, most of their 'experts' are tipping Sydney by less than ten points. I do think it is a difficult game to pick with no obvious favourite. The big O is an important loss for Brisbane, Grundy really should be able to dominate Darcy Fort who hasn't played at the top level since round seven. In my view this is really the difference. He'll run him into the ground, I'm kinda expecting that by midway through the third Fort's legs will either be jelly or cramping. Then again if Darcy is somehow able to hang in there and limit the damage then that may be enough to get the Lions over the line. Hugely important match-up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2024 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back