F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You complain about team orders giving Oscar the place back, yet team orders were the reason Norris was leading in the first place.
To add to this Norris made no time on Piastri when racing behind aside from the 1 blemish Oscar had, they had the same pace.

Arguably the gap was increasing due to Norris ignoring tyre management messages.

It's pretty clear Carringbush either didn't watch or thinks getting blatant favouritism is being robbed.
Bwahaha, 'blatant favouritism', Lando was 6 seconds up the road mate, 'team orders' put him back to 2nd.

Lando was the faster driver, whichever way you wanna boil it down and dissect it. Oscar won on bullshit 'team orders' instead of merit. Fact!.

I wanna see Oscar win on merit, not his 1st win blemished with 'team order' bullshit. Oscar is probably good enough to win the cup, but I don't wanna see this team order bs gifting drivers wins coz 'they were faster at the start of the race'

You complain about team orders giving Oscar the place back, yet team orders were the reason Norris was leading in the first place.
Well that's up for debate innit, clearly Lando's pit team gave him advantage, on top of Lando pitting 1st. That's just smart, keeping the 1 2, it cost Oscar, so be it, Lando clearly faster at the end of the race.

Bwahaha, 'blatant favouritism', Lando was 6 seconds up the road mate, 'team orders' put him back to 2nd.

Lando was the faster driver, whichever way you wanna boil it down and dissect it. Oscar won on bullshit 'team orders' instead of merit. Fact!.

I wanna see Oscar win on merit, not his 1st win blemished with 'team order' bullshit. Oscar is probably good enough to win the cup, but I don't wanna see this team order bs gifting drivers wins coz 'they were faster at the start of the race'
Ok Mr Bairstow.

You do not understand the difference between clean air and in traffic, for one.

And you also fail to understand the impact of the undercut decision from McLaren. If Oscar pits first with a gap he comes out ahead and Lando spends the rest of the race in dirty air trying to catch up. Lando doesn't spend the rest of the race ripping his tyres off the rims ignoring tyre management direction to create a bigger gap either.
They pitted Lando first, in order to keep the 1 2 , smart, it went to Lando's advantage, that's the way it should've stayed, not some bullshit team order crap.

Lando was clearly faster at the end of the race, deserved the win imo.

I don't wanna see Oscars 1st win gifted on the back of team orders, that's all.

MERIT!

They pitted Lando first, in order to keep the 1 2
Mixed Martial Arts Thumbs Up GIF by UFC

They pitted Lando first, in order to keep the 1 2 , smart, it went to Lando's advantage, that's the way it should've stayed, not some bullshit team order crap.

Lando was clearly faster at the end of the race, deserved the win imo.

I don't wanna see Oscars 1st win gifted on the back of team orders, that's all.

MERIT!
Your first posts in an F1 thread for atleast this year and it’s to bag out Oscar, thanks for dropping in!

Moral of the story, second week in a row that whomever or whatever does McLaren's pit strategy analysis isn't up to the task.

Lando had Hamilton well cleared before the pit to cover him and not double stacking Piastri last week cost them 18 seconds instead of 5, and then pitting Lando too late last week and giving the wrong tyre

Ain't no way they can tolerate this, either someone is making shit decisions or the data they are being fed through their computations is garbage. Need to get their house in order.

Look, I get it, Oscar won, but I wanna see him win purely on merit.

This ain't a meritorious win, whichever you wanna boil it down and dissect it.

Fact! Lando was clearly faster at the end of the race, 6 seconds up the road, Fact!

Fact! Lando was clearly faster at the end of the race, 6 seconds up the road, Fact!
Assuming the tyre management radio was truthful he should have been quicker, he was blatantly ignoring the team.

Beside he was 3.2 seconds ahead after piastri had warmed up his tyres - this was lap 48 (20 laps before giving the spot back.

To get to 6 seconds is 2.8 seconds extra in 20 laps - that's not fast enough to pass. The maths don't math.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD the barracking/excuse making from Croft was unbearable. Totally ignoring that the only reason that Norris got to be in front in the race is because the team allowed the breach in protocol to give him first pit service on the understanding he gives the place back.

He then.uses that team favour to build a gap to screw over his team mate and to make a juvenile point about being faster. You lost the race at the first corner you fecker!!

Sad that Piastri’s first win was so fecked over by his own team mate.

Go to bed angry rather than happy about it all.
For me, it was the refusal by all in there to ever call it an undercut.
They used that term 1857492036483 other times this race, but refused to say it when trying to describe how Lando somehow ended up ahead

DR already ****ed
coming that early on M was just stupid following soft runners and then getting jammed in a DRS train.
Racing bull pasta guns firing rapidly.

But they didn't, IF they pitted Oscar 1st, who knows, one could fairly speculate Oscar wins, but that's up for debate innit.
And McLaren explained why they did it. It wasn’t a case of Lando thinking of it first, there was no choice from the drivers, it was team orders.

Big congrats to Oscar, fully deserved! So dumb by Lando. There has been and will continue to be moments where he needs help from Piastri if he is to seriously contend for the title, and he almost sabotaged all that in one race.

I get Norris’ tantrum takes some shine off Piastri’s win, but Piastri was the rightful winner.

Norris was only ahead because of team orders. The undercut was worth 6 seconds, Piastri lead by 2.5 seconds before team orders and came out of the pits 3.5 seconds behind Norris after team orders. If there’s no team orders Piastri leads by 8.5 seconds after final pit spots are completed. Good luck to Norris chasing that down.

I get Norris’ tantrum takes some shine off Piastri’s win, but Piastri was the rightful winner.

Norris was only ahead because of team orders. The undercut was worth 6 seconds, Piastri lead by 2.5 seconds before team orders and came out of the pits 3.5 seconds behind Norris after team orders. If there’s no team orders Piastri leads by 8.5 seconds after final pit spots are completed. Good luck to Norris chasing that down.
And to emphasise that point, Oscar was told multiple times after that pit stop to 'not worry about Lando' and that his race was 'not with Lando'

In other words - stick with the pre-arranged strategy to focus on those behind you and manage those tyres.

McLaren can thank their lucky stars that they have in Oscar Piastri a rookie driver with a cool head who respects and trusts his team keeps his mouth shut and sticks to the plan .

The comments by old mate Carringbush that this win is not meritorious just demonstrates a basic ignorance of F1 racing.

Can you imagine what, say, Yuki Tsunoda would have done in a situation like that - seeing his team give the his team mate behind him first pit service; being told not to worry and not to race him; and then seeing the deltas to his team mate increasing every sector of every lap with his team mate trashing the team orders to rob him of his first GP victory? He would have been in a red rage, on the radio trashing everyone in the team and sabotaging not just his own race but the team's reputation.

The reputation of Lando Norris might have taken a bad hit from everyone outside the British SkyF1 cheer squad yesterday, but Oscar's reputation in terms of both race craft and character has soared even higher.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back