F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Who's on top after the break?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who could ever forget the 1998 Belgian GP? The days of spare cars of course.

And later in that race....

Ferarri lodged a complaint but McLaren's Ron Dennis showed stewards the telemetry that indicated neither braking nor deceleration on Coulthards part. Dennis also produced tapes of voice communication telling Coulthard that Schumacher was closing in and to let him pass.

FIA President Max Mosley concluded, "The data exclude a McLaren conspiracy 100 percent. Coulthard clearly wanted to help Schumacher pass him, but the spray deceived them both.""

Last edited:

Who could ever forget the 1998 Belgian GP? The days of spare cars of course.

And later in that race....

Ferarri lodged a complaint but McLaren's Ron Dennis showed stewards the telemetry that indicated neither braking nor deceleration on Coulthards part. Dennis also produced tapes of voice communication telling Coulthard that Schumacher was closing in and to let him pass.

FIA President Max Mosley concluded, "The data exclude a McLaren conspiracy 100 percent. Coulthard clearly wanted to help Schumacher pass him, but the spray deceived them both.""

Nowadays with how bad that weather was in '98 they'd have abandoned the race before the formation lap

What is the weather going to be like ?

Rain would be chaotic and borderline unsafe at times, but kinda hope we have a dry race.
Borderline unsafe?
These cars are the safest ever made.
And you’ve only got to fart in a car these days for the double yellows to come out.
There is a fine line to be tread as far as safety and entertainment goes. My opinion is that we are to far over that line to the detriment of the entertainment.
Won’t be a popular opinion, but so many disruptions to races when unnecessary these days. Reactions to incidents that effect race outcomes are a blight on the sport.

Rumours of Max taking an engine penalty this week, 10 places.

Chance for someone to pick up a 2nd win, already ruling out Perez.

He's already exhausted the permitted four power unit elements for the 2024 season so it had to come sooner or later given how fast the Mercs and McLaren were catching them.

Looks like the team have decided that this is the race to bring on his 5th ICE unit change incurring the 10 place penalty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a fast track so should be relatively easy for him to come back through the field.
They have shortened one of the DRS zones this year which will make overtaking a little harder (though will still be relatively easier to overtake at Spa than at other tracks)

Tipping Oscar to keep up his recent form and get a top 2, hopefully a win.

Lets not forget he got screwed over at silverstone. His recent form shows he is the better of the packet atm

Oh happy days.

The perpetually biased overtalking Karun Chandhok is back on board for Sky at the Belgian GP.

Sponge Bob Shut Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Only catching up now on Ted's Notebook from Hungary and what a petulant little f**k Norris is when Oscar returns to the McLaren team for photos. Head down, and showing no class whatsover. And this is all after his big show after his win. I'm grateful he followed team orders but def don't like him anymore now than i did before (which was not at all)

60 place grid penalty for Yuki.

uom95lk37ved1.jpeg
I guess they send him out for a run in Q1, but the time doesn't matter. At least he'll have lots of tyres to choose from for the race, because he won't be using any new sets in qualifying.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is the minimum qualifying requirement for taking part in an F1 GP?

Are drivers required to set a lap time? Does the lap time have to be within a certain percentage of the pole sitter's time? Do they have to just participate in qualifying (e.g. do an out lap and return directly to the pits)? Or can he sit out of qualifying completely, and still take his position at the back of the grid?

Is there any benefit to Yuki & McLaren just using Q1 as another practice session, allowing them to further optimise the car's race setup?

On SM-A5360 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought penalties applied after Qualifying was over, so Yuki can progress through Q2/Q3 as normal?

RB would probably prefer the extra track time, at least to Q2.

Honestly I can see DR getting punted from Q1 by Yuki at the buzzer as RB shoot themselves in the foot.

Only catching up now on Ted's Notebook from Hungary and what a petulant little f**k Norris is when Oscar returns to the McLaren team for photos. Head down, and showing no class whatsover. And this is all after his big show after his win. I'm grateful he followed team orders but def don't like him anymore now than i did before (which was not at all)

Norris has had a HEAP of PR training/work since the race finish. His team have tried to turn the narrative into what an amazing person he is - of course he was always going to give it back, the team shouldn't have put him in that position, etc.

Very careful use of language in his comments now - he's backed away from the "gave the win away" statement, is including the pit-order as part of the "team orders", etc.

If it's 1-2 on the grid, the first few laps will be extra spicy.

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Back